Page 1 of 1
Posted: 10 Mar 2015, 11:54
ThugsRook
big difference between 1.2b and 1.2a... notice the gold poles arent gold in 1.2a. in fact the entire game seems faded in 1.2a.

1.2B v110208

all versions of 1.2A

Posted: 10 Mar 2015, 19:16
Abc
i don't see any difference :|

Posted: 10 Mar 2015, 22:22
ThugsRook
which is why i noticed it and you didnt :P

how could you not see that? :blink:

Posted: 11 Mar 2015, 08:32
zorbah
You got a very good eye ThugsRook
I wonder how you noticed that! :blink:

Posted: 11 Mar 2015, 19:17
jigebren
Good find. Fixed now. The ENV color Red and Blue channel were just swapped.

About the faded color, it's in your eyes, really...

BTW, next time please put a link or at least a name of the track you're using. This one is well known, but this may not be the case.

Posted: 11 Mar 2015, 22:46
Kenny
jigebren @ 11 Mar 2015, 02:47 PM wrote: The ENV color Red and Blue channel were just swapped.
May I ask why/how they got swapped in the first place?

Not that I expect you guys to justify every change you make to the original code but a modification of a code piece like this sounds kind of unreasonable to me without an explanation of why/how it originally got modified.

Posted: 12 Mar 2015, 01:01
Huki
Kenny @ 11 Mar 2015, 10:46 PM wrote:
jigebren @ 11 Mar 2015, 02:47 PM wrote: The ENV color Red and Blue channel were just swapped.
May I ask why/how they got swapped in the first place?

Not that I expect you guys to justify every change you make to the original code but a modification of a code piece like this sounds kind of unreasonable to me without an explanation of why/how it originally got modified.
Why not check the change log? Or do people really believe there are undocumented changes and don't trust the change log anymore? :unsure:
Just search for "env" in the change log and you can see fixes related to it.

Posted: 12 Mar 2015, 01:04
jigebren
Kenny @ 11 Mar 2015, 06:16 PM wrote:May I ask why/how they got swapped in the first place?
Of course, dear fellow member. I once have updated the ENV code, as documented in the changelog
------------------------
    Alpha 11.0625:
------------------------

Bug Fixes|
---------/

- Re-Volt's support for different Env color for each World polygon was broken, as the color values ended mixed-up. This was fixed. Further, now vertices sharing faces with different Env colors, will take the average Env color of all the faces.
and doing so I used macro from WinGDI and from DX. Unfortunately, it happens that some are working in RGB and others BGR, leading to that inconsistency (that took almost 4 years to be noticed, so it was likely not that harmful).

Does it make the modification of a code piece like this more reasonable to you now? Is that enough for the why and how?
Kenny wrote:Not that I expect you guys to justify every change you make to the original code
Oh yeah? That's awfully how it sounds though.

Posted: 12 Mar 2015, 01:14
Kenny
jigebren @ 11 Mar 2015, 08:34 PM wrote: Does it make the modification of a code piece like this more reasonable to you now? Is that enough for the why and how?
Yes, thanks for the explanation.
jigebren wrote:
Kenny wrote:Not that I expect you guys to justify every change you make to the original code
Oh yeah? That's awfully how it sounds though.
Sorry but I couldn't think of a way to express this without implying this very thing (hence my explicit clarification that I don't mean to imply this).