Page 1 of 1
Posted: 03 Mar 2015, 23:58
gel_lr34
Ok... I'm only gonna ask this once maybe twice... Who (that is a good painter) wants to paint an additional paintscheme for ONE of my 6 new cars?... You'll also get your choice of which you want to paint.

This is how we're going to do this:

If you wish to paint one... type 1 random number from 1-100, along with the name of the base color of the car you want (using the last 2 pictures found here

Car 1: blue/grey
Car 2: red
Car 3: orange
Car 4: yellow
Car 5: black
Car 6: white

Whoever is closest to the number that I've chosen (randomly and will now write down in a .txt file) will win their chance to repaint one. They will also be mentioned as a co-author

Posted: 04 Mar 2015, 07:21
jigebren
Maybe you can add the pictures in this post as well.

And I'm curious also as I'm personally not really aware of your work so far, so I presume I'm not the only one. Can you tell us more about your work? Did you make everything form scratch (except the Dr Grudge texture of course), that is to say modelling, UV mapping, texturing? They're not conversions or available 3D models / texture?

Posted: 04 Mar 2015, 11:01
gel_lr34

Well, these 6 cars have been in the works for some time now. (some I hadn't been happy with the parameters, but now am) I'm still really working on the paint for about 3 (maybe 2) of them.

MOSTLY, my idea with all but the yellow car is this: Take the original Re-volt cars and make something cool out of them. Make awesome paintjobs (or what I consider awesome).

The thing with all these cars is, they have Simulation handling: this means that all the cars handle like a car you would drive in real life. (Some people don't like this for RV, but it makes the cars easier to handle IMO, plus I've learned to drive them fairly well.) While, my parameters are 100% of what I'd like them to be, every time I make a car, they are evolving into something more solid.

I'm trying to push Re-Volt's cars to it's max level.

Oh yes, and the Dr. Grudge paint? That is the result of moving polygons, extruding and cutting faces from the original Dr. Grudge model. Yep, that CAR is DR. GRUDGE! However, it's since been repainted (and I really don't want to spoil that paintjob unless someone gets that car to repaint)

Posted: 04 Mar 2015, 18:32
jigebren
my idea with all but the yellow car is this: Take the original Re-volt cars and make something cool out of them.
I'm still a bit confused... You mean you'd like to have a paintjob using an original Re-Volt texture for those cars? or that you have made them the same way than for Dr. Grudge, by remodelling the original model shape?

Congrats for the Dr. Grudge BTW, it looks really good. I'd rework the UV mapping though to avoid such texture stretching and keep the original shape for the red cross and checkerboard pattern.
The thing with all these cars is, they [...] handle like a car you would drive in real life.
Oh, too bad. Re-Volt is and will remain an RC game...

Posted: 04 Mar 2015, 20:56
gel_lr34
No, not at all Jig, what I mean is, I would like someone to create a secondary paintjob for the cars. I have painted the main skins. BTW, The Dr. Grudge paint in that picture was the stock paint, and I stretched the car and added polygons, the car LOOKED like that picture before remapping. I have since made another paintjob for the car.

Still confused? Can't help ya... haha

Posted: 04 Mar 2015, 23:15
jigebren
Ok... I think that referring to your cars as "the original Re-volt cars" is what actually confused me. :P

Posted: 09 Mar 2015, 12:16
revolting
Wonderful pieces of work :), I was jerking as I saw them

Posted: 21 Sep 2015, 12:25
gel_lr34

The AM-Bio Sparrow is a concept car from 1959 which was later abandoned in 1962. (read the 'history' on RVZ or in the car_author.txt)

This car was made with Jigebren's Blender Re-Volt plug-in. Thanks Jig!

This car features:
- working tail lights
- interchangeable wheels
- 4 paintjobs on 2 different cars (race paint by thatmotorfreak)
- 3 sets of parameters (RL Rookie [default], RC Rookie, and RL Race Amateur)
- Simple.psd for use with Adobe Photoshoppe to easily create repaints.

Get yours at RVZ!!!

http://revoltzone.net/cars/14486/1959%2 ... )%20(Pack)

The 1st 7 downloaders got kinda lucky I guess, as they got 2 extra paintjobs which were not intended to be with the zip. (yeah, i'm pretty specific about which paintjobs go with the car, as Canary Yellow and the color I call Forster Blue didn't exactly fit THAT car. However, i'm quite proud that I actually replicated (to a T) the color of the Original Forster though.)