Page 1 of 1
Posted: 18 Apr 2006, 02:13
Freqhog
I used to play this game like a year or 2 ago and I loved it. I never had a router before so everything was fine. I have a router now and Windows XP. I've forwarded ports and ever put my computer on DMZ mode where it opens your pc up to anything.....stll no luck. Even reinstalled revolt with that 1207 patch. I've turned all firewall's off (Norton & Windows) No luck...

I really need help getting my old game Re-Volt back so I can play.

This is what I have:

6Mbit Internet
Linksys WRT54G Router
Windows XP
1.7Ghz Intel P4
512RAM
GForce 5600XT 256MB video
etc..

I used to run this game on this computer when I had no router.........

Posted: 18 Apr 2006, 02:57
Manmountain
Hi and welcome to Our Revolt Pub, :)

OK, to help us help you, talk us through step by step and detail any errors or problems.

Is your Revolt running in Win98 compatibilty mode ?

From another forum and posting, it is reported that you should have open the following ports
27900 in TCP
28900 in UDP
and from 2300 to 2400 in TCP
and from 2300 to 2400 in UDP
Thats all I can offer as assistance, sorry. :(

Posted: 18 Apr 2006, 04:30
Freqhog
I have compatibility windows 98 on, I just tried those ports instead of the others I had and still no luck =(

It just always says cant connect to lobby session. I cant even LAN this game with my other computer either...

Posted: 18 Apr 2006, 09:01
Freqhog
okay I found out there was a problem with the direct x directplay or whatever and read up on it, I disabled UPnP on my router and it fixed it! I can now play! thanks for help anyway...

Posted: 19 Apr 2006, 04:12
Manmountain
Great, and thanks for letting us know what the problem was, that's another problem & solution to add to the list. ;)

Posted: 20 Apr 2006, 12:23
APM
Freqhog @ Apr 18 2006, 04:31 AM wrote: I found out there was a problem with the direct x directplay or whatever and read up on it, I disabled UPnP on my router and it fixed it! I can now play! thanks for help anyway...
I can't understand much of what Freqhog is saying in this topic, so I'm not sure if this is the right place to talk about not being able to do multiplayer in Re-Volt. :unsure: Every time I try it, it says "Can't enum sessions". :angry: I found that enum means accumulate or find, but what sessions? :huh: It only makes as much sense as Freqhog. :P What's directplay? What's UPnP? :huh:
APM

Posted: 21 Apr 2006, 05:44
Manmountain
DirectX/Direct play are a set of files/instructions that help games and programs comunicate with your Graphics and Sound processors to produce a desired visual or audio effect. It's always best to make sure you have the latest version installed.

As to UPnP ? I've no idea. :blink:

Posted: 24 Apr 2006, 00:53
Freqhog
UPnP is something like where certin programs auto configure to a port, aparently some port needed for directplay was taken by something else in autoconfig. disabling it droped the program from using it and let directplay though.