Page 1 of 1
Posted: 25 Feb 2015, 06:28
revolting
We all know that revolt is already ported to linux, and now that it is ported to linux, we know it'll make it easier to port the game to Mac, as well as make it easier to be ported to Android, I know I'm talking before it all actually gets kicked in, but even though that were the case, I still consider the tablets for linux, (android) to be expensive (not to mention Mac's) to host a race of 12 players gathered at one home, on the other hand I see that the price of Screen projectors has decreased, as well as the price of the flat screens.

I've also been able to play online with just 3 users afaik this races are usually the ones in which you get the less lag ever.

Considering the above reasons: I'd like to suggest the adding of support for multi-player screen-split over the LAN, in which scenario, just 3 computers could host 12 players, this would have a good impact on the lag, that we all hate, and eventually the devs could add support for this feature online as well, that way we'll prevent the game from becoming a D.O.A :)

Posted: 25 Feb 2015, 08:52
Abc
Or just add unlimited texture loadings allowing us to have so many cars as we wish

Posted: 25 Feb 2015, 14:32
}!{enR
I still don't get the point of the thing you are talking about...
Do you making a home-based computer club or so?? Why it's expensive for you to play with your friends?? I presume that if you're all playing Re-Volt, then you're all having your own PCs, so where is the problem, anyway...
BTW, I remember no game that ever had a multiplayer split-screen feature...

Posted: 25 Feb 2015, 18:25
jigebren
Abc wrote:Or just add unlimited texture loadings allowing us to have so many cars as we wish
Forum Rules: Open a new thread for each new suggestion! <_<
}!{enR wrote:BTW, I remember no game that ever had a multiplayer split-screen feature...
A lot of console race games have (had?). The list that just came to my mind is already too long...

Combining split-screen and multiplayer is not a new idea BTW. We haven't added it yet because it looks like a great task (eg. how should we redesign the menus to combine all those modes) for a not so much awaited feature (even if I personally would be happy to have it).

Posted: 25 Feb 2015, 19:45
}!{enR
I think you misunderstood me, Jig (or otherwise I misunderstood you... :)).
I meant especially online split-screen. According to Google, it is not a new idea, just as you said, but I found only a few games featuring it...

Posted: 25 Feb 2015, 20:26
jigebren
}!{enR @ 25 Feb 2015, 03:15 PM wrote:online split-screen.
Ok, I didn't read it that way indeed. ;)

Posted: 25 Feb 2015, 20:57
kajeuter
Online splitscreen would not be a good idea. Players who play with splitscreen always have a disadvantage due the smaller screen size. That was also the problem when playing Mario Kart Wii online on the Wii. The "single players" could seethe track better so winning was easyer.

Posted: 25 Feb 2015, 22:14
revolting
You can buy a projector and make a really big screen for them all and chop off the single player from winning :)

I hope this make you about-face in this matter :)
Do you making a home-based computer club or so?
Not yet, I have the newbies to play with though, but I want to avoid the need of having to spawn many computers, using plenty of space in my little apartment.
I presume that if you're all playing Re-Volt, then you're all having your own PCs, so where is the problem,
Probably all of them have computers, dunno, and perhaps internet too, but still they are noobs, some of them have never played the game like ever, some of them have Macs, so I don't wanna downplay them but I guess I would have to configure all the things for them. I'd prefer rather to play it home and Invite them all, that way we can all just see two huge projectors and and eat and drink together while playing, plus the odds that it'll be funner are a lot, e.g. you can be laughing talking ranting all of it while racing :) just to mention some of the advantages, also as Jig pointed out you can make your own rubberbanding effect and thus make the race more interesting for newbies, in time they'll like the game and play it online as well so as I see this makes it easier to poach new Re-volt's gamers

Posted: 26 Feb 2015, 22:05
}!{enR
revolting @ 25 Feb 2015, 09:44 PM wrote:Probably all of them have computers, dunno, and perhaps internet too, but still they are noobs, some of them have never played the game&nbsp; like ever, some of them have Macs, [...] but I guess I would have to configure all the things for them.
:huh: What?? Noobs with Macs?? I thought they are used by experienced people...
revolting @ 25 Feb 2015, 09:44 PM wrote:I'd prefer rather to play it home and Invite them all, that way we can all just see two huge projectors and and eat and drink together while playing, plus the odds that it'll be funner are a lot, e.g. you can be laughing talking ranting all of it while racing :) just to mention some of the advantages
:rolleyes: Ahh, old times... Yeah, getting together was much more joyfully than play online as of now...

Posted: 27 Feb 2015, 00:57
jigebren
Macs are actually used by experienced rich people.

Anyway I presume his point was rather to say that you can't (easily) play Re-Volt with a Mac, nothing else intended. Oh, and the few people I know with a Mac are everything but experienced. :rolleyes:
Which doesn't mean I'm implying all Mac users are like that, but your comment was so weird in fact...

Posted: 27 Feb 2015, 17:49
}!{enR
Well yes, AFAIK Mac is kind of status thing, like Rolex. And it is positioned as a "PC for work" (at least a Macbook).

I just meant that the Mac OS is based on Linux, so I think it is more complicated in use (even considering it's a commercial product), at least in a world where most of the people are used to Windows... (more precisely, where most of the people don't used even to Windows... :()
So, if you sometimes feel yourself confused in Windows, then I think you will be kind of shocked when you'll see some linux-based OS.

P.S.: Sorry for the offtopic. :)

Posted: 20 May 2015, 01:29
OdieHerpaderp
...over the LAN, in which scenario, just 3 computers could host 12 players, this would have a good impact on the lag...
How would one lag over LAN? I've hosted some local re-volt matches with half a dozen people and it seems to hold up reasonably well. Not to mention, even if you were condense 4 players onto one system, you'd still be syncing 4 cars back and forth. Then again, there'd be 3 less people to sync it to.

With that being said, i do like the idea of bringing a local buddy along for the ride by means of split-screen, as it'd be an easy stepping stone for new players to join in on a game.

Off-topic, this particular remark is a pet peeve of mine:
I just meant that the Mac OS is based on Linux
Mac OSX is NOT based on GNU/Linux, it's based on BSD. Both BSD and Linux are derivatives of Unix, though.