Page 1 of 1
Posted: 24 Feb 2015, 21:40
Citywalker
RVZ is now supporting packs as Zack tells me (and all my Re-Volt stuff is indeed packs of vehicles), but for mirroring purposes I’m providing links to them here, in a sort of substitute download page for “Citywalker's creations and collaborations” :)
The downloads and short descriptions are below:

Challenge Pack 1

Created: 22.03.2010
The original that started my Re-Volt “career” :)
From the readme:
“They’re all different and they all have some disadvantages to keep you on toes. But learn to control them all and try your hand at winning a race on every track you encounter. I can guarantee you that you will never guess which one in the pack will win you which track.”
Most of these vehicles are reparametered to some extent, to make them fit together as a “variety pack”.

Challenge Pack 2

Created: 10.05.2010
Updated: 28.12.2014
The next iteration, shortly after the first.
Now has shadows by Teedy PL.

Need for Speed Underground 1 Conversions Pack

Created. 20.02.2011
Updated: 23.12.2014
I was given the task of making real-life type handling versions for this pack of Need for Speed Underground 1 cars. The cars were converted and RC parameters were made by Halogaland, and my RL parameters are based on that.
This is actually the third edition of the RL versions, because the first ones used a bad EngineRate and their wheel power (EngineRatio) was too high, and the second ones had bad Inertia values and still too high EngineRate.
Now also has shadows by Teedy PL.

Future Xtreme Cars Pack
Created: 11.09.2010
This is pack that Burner94 asked me to parameter, conforming to his descriptions.
It may actually be visually a bit unverified, because Burner released it with just my WIP notes :)

Concepts Pack 1

Created: 01.09.2010
This is the first pack of concept vehicles based on some physics ideas that, AFAIK, had not been done (or taken that far) before in Re-Volt.
Each of them pushes the limits of Re-Volt in some unique way.
This means that it’s strictly recommended to read the handling notes if you want to win a race with some of these.
+ It’s now updated to V1.2 standards (having custom shadows, custom cameras, custom frontend bars based on in-game performance, and Expert AI).

Concepts Pack 2

Created: 08.04.2011
The next pack, not long after.
The idea is the same, and the caution about reading handling notes is also the same ;)
+ It’s now updated to V1.2 standards (having custom shadows, custom cameras, custom frontend bars based on in-game performance, and Expert AI).
+ Now includes an updated, crash-and-explode variant of the Toy Plane (so it can’t cheat you by reversing anymore).

RVL AI Competition Pack
Created:12.12.2011
The cars from RVL's AI Competition where I participated.
From the readme:
These are all NY54s that were reparam'd for RVL's AI Competition. See the topic here:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Revolt_Live/ ... topic=1904
And the final results here:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Revolt_Live/ ... topic=1951

RVL Parameters Competition Pack

Created: 07.11.2011
Updated: 31.12.2014
The cars from RVL's Parameters Competition where I also participated.
From the readme:
Standalone parameters contest started by Krisss at RVL.
The competition rules are that the car folder contains only the parameters.txt, and the vehicle is made of parts of stock cars. Well, readme and carbox are allowed, too.
See the topic here:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Revolt_Live/ ... topic=1560
+ Also includes shadows by Teedy PL.

Carmageddon 1 Full Conversion Pack (with Expert AI)

Created: 07.11.2010
Updated: 31.12.2014
This is a collection of all cars from Carmageddon 1. They were directly converted by Halogaland, using 3ds models provided by Harmalarm, so the visual part is true to Carma, and I have tried to make the physics part equally authentic. Also includes RC versions, requested by Joelcool51.
They are now the way they should have been from the start: well raceable for you and well-tuned as expert opponents for extra-challenging offline races.
+ They’re set to calculated Carmageddon physics by default, so do NOT expect RC handling from the hardcore conversion.
+ Also includes carboxes by Mystery.

Carmageddon Splat Pack Full Conversion Pack (with Expert AI)

Created: 14.11.2010
Updated: 01.03.2014
The collection of all cars from Carmageddon Splat Pack.
Credits and notes are the same.
+ Now also includes carboxes by Mystery.

Posted: 24 Feb 2015, 21:42
Citywalker
Carmageddon 2 Full Conversion Pack (with Expert AI)

Created: 08.12.2010
Updated: 31.07.2014
The collection of all cars from Carmageddon 2.
Credits and notes are the same.
+ Also includes updated carboxes by Mystery and shadows by Teedy PL.

Real-Life Car Sounds (from Carmageddon)

Created: 15.04.2011
Updated: 08.07.2013
This was initially just something I used for the Carmageddon Full Conversion packs (car sounds ripped from Carmageddon itself).
But it suits well for other Real-Life (RL) style packs, too.
+ Includes original Re-Volt sounds as backup.

Hot Wheels True Size Pack, full

Created: 12.07.2012
Updated: 22.12.2014
This is the Hot Wheels True Size conversion pack, with 41 Hot Wheels cars converted from the game Hot Wheels Turbo Racing and made at realistic size for Re-Volt.
• They’re sized like Hot Wheels, they run like Hot Wheels, and they crash like Hot Wheels.
• Stand-alone pack, with wincars made to be Hot Wheels too, but can be combined with stocks if you want.
• Now mostly cured of the pinballitis. They still crash and tumble like Hot Wheels, but not exponentially anymore. The zip includes the previous edition for lulz and general nuttyness.
• Also includes carboxes by RV_Passion and shadows by Teedy PL.

Real-Life Stock Cars Pack
Created: 19.08.2011

These are real-life handling stock cars for all those real-life style tracks (e.g. Hilaire’s tracks).
+ Convert your stock cars to RL style (and back again).
+ Distinguishable from RC stocks by lack of aerials and wind-up spinners, and of course by handling.

Drift Stock Cars Pack

Created: 08.12.2012
These are drifting stock cars. A while ago Burner94 tested all stocks on a specially made drift track. Now you can take the stocks drifting on any normal tarmac track you want.
+ Convert your stock cars to drifters (and back again).
+ Distinguishable from RC stocks by tape-modded tires, and of course by handling.
+ Also, all are tested for proper drifting at Toys in the Hood 1. Some handle better if corrected by steering, some by timed throttling.
This is the second edition of Drift Stocks, with doubled SteerRate that correctly makes them RC-nimble again. Thanks to burner94 for pointing out the initial sluggishness.

Tumbling Bikes 1

Created: 10.11.2011
These are the few proper, leaning bikes that I could find in RVZT at the time, and made them tumbling at air jumps.

Tumbling Bikes 2

Created: 10.11.2011
These are the few proper, leaning bikes that I could find elsewhere at the time, and made them tumbling at air jumps, too.

Expert AI Stock Cars Pack

Created: 12.09.2012
These are the original stock cars as expert opponents, for those who want an extra challenge in offline races. Their car AIs are tuned from scratch, so they run well (and difficult ones run at least decently) on all surfaces, including ice.
(For now they’re good for old AI. I’m not guaranteeing anything with Huki’s V1.2 yet.)
+ Includes original parameters as backup.

Original Dreamcast Cars Pack (with Expert AI)

Created: 15.10.2012
This is the closest-as-possible Dreamcast car pack, by Nero and Burner94, now including Expert AI versions tuned by me on people’s request.

Dev and Demo Cars Pack (with Expert AI)

Created: 15.10.2012
These are the original cars from dev and demo versions of Re-Volt, made playable by the RVL team, now including Expert AI versions tuned by me on people’s request.

Posted: 24 Feb 2015, 21:42
Citywalker
Challenge Pack 3: WolfR4 Total Mod
Created: 06.02.2014
Features:
+ Replaces everything, does not overwrite anything.
+ Balanced pack from subrookie to superpro.
+ Maximum variety in looks and handling.
+ Maximum customisation possible in WolfR4:
• custom shadows,
• custom carboxes,
• custom frontend bars,
• custom front screen,
• custom level loading screen.
+ All vehicles tuned for ice and other terrains as Expert AI.
+ Ratings based on in-game acceleration and top speed.
+ Includes both RC and RL versions of the pack, for different track types.
+ Not child-proof anymore (i.e. vehicles tumble properly) – it’s a challenge pack, after all.
+ No need to unlock anything (all you need is already set to Obtain 0).
+ Intended for WolfR4’s bonnet view (they’re made for that experience, and some vehicles are quite unplayable with other cameras).
+ Intended for no-pickups pure racing (half the vehicles have special physics not compatible with Re-Volt’s weapon coding).

•• Challenge Pack 3.1: WolfR4 Total Mod
Created: 23.04.2014
A modified version of Challenge Pack 3, by adding Nyx100’s Cop-ter as a player-only bonus vehicle (can’t be controlled by the AI), because once you have truly flown, everything else seems limited...

•• Challenge Pack 3.2: WolfR4 Total Mod (Vertex Edition)
Created: 24.06.2015
Version 3.2 adds shining headlights and repo-surviving transparency, improves the bonnet view of many vehicles (curing the see-through floors by proper double-sided polies), and replaces body-draggers with Flintmobile doing the same.
Besides, it's the first pack featuring Caterpillar with corrected left-right wheels!

•• Challenge Pack 3.3: WolfR4 Total Mod, PumaR4 Edition

Created: 16.10.2015
+ Requires PumaR4 ver. 2015-10-03 or newer.
++ Why:
+++ For real air races (true-flying Cop-ter is now also a real opponent).
+++ For custom bonnet views (V1.2 hood/rear cameras for old Re-Volt, even for very high vehicles like Motocross Rider and Komatsu).
+ Also:
++ Now includes a more realistic crash-and-explode (no flames in RV, sorry) variant of the Toy Plane (its AI won’t cheat you by reversing anymore).
++ And several tweaks to other vehicles, for better racing experience (handling/cameras/visuals).

Concepts Pack 3

Created: 22.02.2015
So, after almost four years, here is Concepts Pack 3 – the next set of nine vehicles that are unique or special in some way, either by physics or visuals.
Well, the pack does include 11 vehicles, technically. But one of them is an example accompanying another (the Tron bikes), and one is simply a much improved version of an earlier attempt (8-Legs Jr.)
Also, two of these are liberated from my Challenge Pack 3: WolfR4 Total Mod (that pack’s vehicles are very tightly integrated into the WolfR4 custom content structure, so they can’t be easily taken out for V1.2 racing). The rest of these Concepts have never been attempted before or never taken that far, AFAIK.

Vertex FX Kit

Created: 25.02.2015
A set of examples of what can be done with vertex colours and alpha blending.
Includes detachable parts and/or prefab models that you can use to give reposition-surviving transparency and shining lights to your own vehicles in Re-Volt.
Now also includes instructions to apply the effect to headlights directly shaped by polys.

So, I think all my packs are now listed here. If I have forgotten something, please let me know.

And here is something that is not a pack: it’s a WolfR4 compatibility fix (and an RC version) for Nyx100’s Cop-ter, the first ever true-flying vehicle in Re-Volt. I’m including it here for completeness. Nyx100 already updated his creation at RVZ with it.

And btw, I think PumaR4 is now mature enough and sufficiently tested to include it here as a release, too. The link below goes to its own topic for more details and a download. A short description goes like this, though:
Continuing the fine tradition of "If you want something done right, do it yourself" :P, here is PumaR4.
• What it is:
A sidekick to WolfR4, continuing where jigebren left off. Intended for the old/original Re-Volt 1207, because V1.2/RVGL has many versions.
• What it does:
+ Disables AI rubberbanding. See what the best of stock AI / Expert AI can really do.
+ Lets the AI control vehicles while in air (so also boats on water) and while flipped (like Rotor).
+ Adds features and fixes for race and replay cameras.
+ Prevents the accidental loss of replay files (copies them as "timestamp carname @ levelname Replay.rpl")
Get it there.

Posted: 24 Feb 2015, 21:43
Citywalker
Do not reply here! Reply there.

This is only a list, so I can easily expand it in the future.