Posted: 23 Feb 2015, 04:20
Abc
it's: -window exists since it's release
Learn to use command lines
google how to put commandlines.

expect no help noob

Posted: 23 Feb 2015, 04:31
nevermind
As Abc does not seem to know how to teach anyone to do anything, I'll try to do it better.

Right-click the shortcut that you use to run Re-Volt (in the improbable case that you run it from the very executable file, you have to create a shortcut somewhere to do this) and choose Properties. Then selected the tab Shortcut if it has not been selected. In the Target box, type -window at the very end of its content and click OK.

Every time you run that shortcut, the game will run in a window, which size will be the one that you have chosen at the options menu in the game.

Posted: 23 Feb 2015, 04:32
Abc
-censored- :rant: die.

Posted: 23 Feb 2015, 04:36
Manmountain
nevermind @ 23 Feb 2015, 12:01 AM wrote:Right-click the shortcut that you use to run Re-Volt (in the improbable case that you run it from the very executable file, you have to create a shortcut somewhere to do this) and choose Properties. Then selected the tab Shortcut if it has not been selected. In the Target box, type -window at the very end of its content and click OK.

Every time you run that shortcut, the game will run in a window, which size will be the one that you have chosen at the options menu in the game.
Thank's, good to know.:thumbs-up:

Is there any benefit or reason you would run in a window ?

Posted: 23 Feb 2015, 05:10
jigebren
Manmountain @ 23 Feb 2015, 12:06 AM wrote:Is there any benefit or reason you would run in a window ?
One I can think of at least: when playing online with a new build my firewall asks me whether I have to allow this new executable to access network, and if I'm not in windowed ode I can't see / answer the popup message and I'm stuck here.

Posted: 23 Feb 2015, 05:11
revolting
In case you have multimonitor, you can move the window to the monitor of your preference

Posted: 23 Feb 2015, 05:42
Gotolei
jigebren @ 22 Feb 2015, 03:40 PM wrote:
Manmountain @ 23 Feb 2015, 12:06 AM wrote:Is there any benefit or reason you would run in a window ?
One I can think of at least: when playing online with a new build my firewall asks me whether I have to allow this new executable to access network, and if I'm not in windowed ode I can't see / answer the popup message and I'm stuck here.
Adding on to that it's nice for multitasking. Windows generally has just one workspace area, and having a single program block everything out isn't always preferable.

Not sure if alt-tab works for revolt (though I can take a guess after reading jigebren's post), but even if it does some people prefer the taskbar.

Posted: 23 Feb 2015, 05:44
Abc
Alt+tab always works.
best method to multitask back and forth is windowed + no pause

hey, all this topic is *not* new...

Posted: 23 Feb 2015, 05:57
Phantom
jigebren @ 22 Feb 2015, 08:40 PM wrote:
Jigebren thanks for pointing that out.

I remember last time I was installing Winamp the setup mentioned something about adding firewall exceptions. So this program and I guess many others add these entries when installing.

Could you discuss with Huki if this could be added to the 1.2 Setup on next release.

Posted: 23 Feb 2015, 19:13
jigebren
Abc wrote:Alt+tab always works.
No, it does not. Under XP at least, it totally hangs my computer. No Alt+Tab / Alt+F4 / Ctrl+Alt+Suppr work. In some case I was able to take control back by forcing my computer to sleep (I have a Sleep key on my keyboard) and waking it up afterwards. But I just tried yesterday and it didn't even work, I had to reboot. Anyway this has been improved in one of the last builds, so yes, now should now be able to alt+tab at this point.
Phantom wrote:I remember last time I was installing Winamp the setup mentioned something about adding firewall exceptions. [...] Could you discuss with Huki if this could be added to the 1.2 Setup on next release.
Well, as far as I'm concerned, I said "my firewall", I didn't say "Windows Firewall". :P

Currently Huki is rather concentrating on the RVGL build / Linux porting, we're also likely to make a new v1.2 release very soon. I doubt he'll have time to look at that feature for now (neither will I have, not to mention I'm still under XP and I presume the way to do it and the required rights are not the same at all).

Posted: 23 Feb 2015, 22:25
Abc
No, it does not. Under XP at least, it totally hangs my computer. No Alt+Tab / Alt+F4 / Ctrl+Alt+Suppr work. In some case I was able to take control back by forcing my computer to sleep (I have a Sleep key on my keyboard) and waking it up afterwards. But I just tried yesterday and it didn't even work, I had to reboot. Anyway this has been improved in one of the last builds, so yes, now should now be able to alt+tab at this point.
Oh well, Everyone's mileage varies!
Well, as far as I'm concerned, I said "my firewall", I didn't say "Windows Firewall". :P
Well, generally the firewall popup is Windows one hehe

fyi phan: VNC installer does come with firewall exception entry too.

offtopic: i just noticed this :>: :[%]: :ph43r: :blink: