Page 1 of 1
Posted: 18 Feb 2015, 20:57
Manmountain
Greeting's fellow member's. :)

The current Admin team would appreciate if any of our current members would like to offer their time in assisting to Moderate the ORP forum member pages/sections.

No coding or programming skills required. :blink:

Please leave a post on this thread if you wish to apply, or leave the name of a member you think would be interested.

All names interested will be set up on a POLL for voting.

Thank you.

Posted: 18 Feb 2015, 21:50
Alphacraft
Sure, I'll bite.

Are we allowed to vote for ourselves in the poll? :P

Posted: 18 Feb 2015, 22:39
Skarma
I would like to apply.

However, I do not think it should be decided through a poll, because that just turns into a popularity contest. If that's really how it's going to be decided, then I'm not interested.

Posted: 18 Feb 2015, 22:41
nero
A popularity contest? Sign me up!

Posted: 18 Feb 2015, 23:34
RV_Passion
I would like to be more active here, so I am applying.

Posted: 19 Feb 2015, 00:23
Manmountain
Skarma @ 18 Feb 2015, 06:09 PM wrote:However, I do not think it should be decided through a poll, because that just turns into a popularity contest.
As we don't know individuals personally, we can't just pick one over another.
Democracy is the majority choosing the most popular candidate. How else could we decide ?

Posted: 19 Feb 2015, 00:39
Skarma
Hmm, I suppose you're right. That is how Cameron got in after all...

Posted: 19 Feb 2015, 03:55
miromiro
I nominate Manmountain. :P
Anyway, I'd recommend Urne for the job, he always was an active poster, though he wasn't online the past couple weeks.

EDIT: I also nominate jigebren for the Ice Bucket Challenge.

Posted: 19 Feb 2015, 19:03
Manmountain
Just a thought, to help members decide, may be interested candidates should give a little reasoning why them over other's. Your 'Campaign Speech' if you will. ;)

Posted: 19 Feb 2015, 23:17
Abc
I would like to help moderating people around here, sign me up :thumbs-up:

Posted: 20 Feb 2015, 01:05
miromiro
Yes, I'm the ABC block and you can find me in Toy World 1 track! :-)
Looks good, I support!

Posted: 20 Feb 2015, 01:27
URV
Greetings! I would be most willing to offer my help regarding the moderation of this forum, provided I am deemed worthy enough. I believe I have attained a reasonable amount of experience as a moderator for the past six years on Re-Volt Live, and I deem to have the ability to take the proper course of action in various situations, should the need arise.

Although I may be a little busy during this time of the year, I consider that I would have enough free time to moderate both RVL and ORP, as neither receive an overwhelming amount of activity, so that shall not be a problem. Far as nominations go, I would not hesitate to recommend my RVL co-moderators, Skarma and Nero (who have already signed up), for they also make fine moderators, although undoubtedly more strict than me -- for a serious forum, however, strictness can be a necessity.

Cheers, gentlemen! I shall be looking forward to the results.

Posted: 20 Feb 2015, 05:05
revolting
I want to nominate Ebee, he'll not let you down, and he's an excellent communicator, and a very hard worker :), so I can assure you he'll exceed all your expectations :)

Posted: 20 Feb 2015, 05:20
jigebren
miromiro @ 18 Feb 2015, 11:25 PM wrote:EDIT: I also nominate jigebren for the Ice Bucket Challenge.

Ok, done. Who's next? :D

And don't worry, I don't need ice to keep my head cool. :)

Posted: 20 Feb 2015, 23:11
Abc
Nice jig! :thumbs-up:

-------------------------------
revolting @ 19 Feb 2015, 08:35 PM wrote: I want to nominate Ebee, he'll not let you down, and he's an excellent communicator, and a very hard worker :), so I can assure you he'll exceed all your expectations :)
Nope. we do not want a religious dude <_< :blink: :ph43r:

Posted: 21 Feb 2015, 00:08
nero
Abc @ 20 Feb 2015, 05:41 PM wrote: Nope. we do not want a religious dude <_< :blink: :ph43r:
And why would we want you?

Posted: 21 Feb 2015, 01:31
Manmountain
Abc @ 20 Feb 2015, 06:41 PM wrote:Nope. we do not want a religious dude
Really !!
nero @ 20 Feb 2015, 07:38 PM wrote:And why would we want you?
Is that all responding to a thread consist's of these days, bickering and sniping ?

How you think I would consider this kind of attitude as a testament to your moderator character I don't know. :rolleyes:

Posted: 21 Feb 2015, 01:37
jigebren
Abc @ 20 Feb 2015, 06:41 PM wrote:Nope. we do not want a religious dude  <_<  :blink:  :ph43r:
You have already been banned for that so don't start again or the result will be the same, but double the time (and if you've ever heard the legend of Sissa you'll know how fast it can grow).

So here's a special rule just for you, Abc: don't ever mention ElectricBee again because that obsession you have for him is turning wearisome. Same rule for ElectricBee, don't mention Abc, don't answer Abc, or the ban fury will know no boundaries... :angry:

And I'm also getting annoyed by the religion subject on this forum. As far as I'm concerned I'm not sure I'll be as tolerant as Manmountain about this. This forum is just not the place for that.

Posted: 21 Feb 2015, 02:21
Abc
Jig: seriously: why do you think it has to do with e-bee? :ph43r:

that's already out of our minds, we're back to normal, kinda.

Yes, I'm annoyed with the religious spam too <_<

Aw come on, im unproud of what i've done in past (hacking, etc) but i became mature -.-

I'm 20 yr old, come on -_-

Posted: 21 Feb 2015, 02:33
jigebren
Abc @ 20 Feb 2015, 09:51 PM wrote:Aw come on, im unproud of what i've done in past (hacking, etc) but i became mature -.-
You have (almost) no past here on ORP (edit: I mean about hacking, etc.) so just take care of your present and future and everything will be fine.
Jig: seriously: why do you think it has to do with e-bee?
I don't care. The rule is still here though, any offtopicness between you two and the ban hammer will fall.

Now back to the topic. Thanks you.

Posted: 21 Feb 2015, 02:38
Abc
jigebren @ 20 Feb 2015, 06:03 PM wrote:
Abc @ 20 Feb 2015, 09:51 PM wrote:Aw come on, im unproud of what i've done in past (hacking, etc) but i became mature -.-
You have (almost) no past here on ORP so just take care of your present and future and everything will be fine.
No? look since 2009.
jigebren @ 20 Feb 2015, 06:03 PM wrote:
Jig: seriously: why do you think it has to do with e-bee?
I don't care. The rule is still here though, any offtopicness between you two and the ban hammer will fall.

Now back to the topic. Thanks you.
Fine.

Posted: 21 Feb 2015, 05:09
jigebren
BTW I'd just like to suggest to applicants to ensure that you're profile has at least info like location (country) and year of birth. Interests are optional but may help. ;) An avatar is also needed as it make it easier to remember who's who.

Posted: 21 Feb 2015, 05:20
Abc
Ready, Am I disallowed to apply for moderator?

Posted: 21 Feb 2015, 15:11
Kipy
Abc @ 19 Feb 2015, 06:47 PM wrote: I would like to help moderating people around here, sign me up :thumbs-up:
Excuse me abc, but I am against it. You are the guy who is easy to being insulted by others and that's why you can't make good decides enough.
(This is my opinion.. bite me)

Posted: 21 Feb 2015, 15:53
nero
Is that all responding to a thread consist's of these days, bickering and sniping ?

How you think I would consider this kind of attitude as a testament to your moderator character I don't know. :rolleyes:
Maybe if you had a look around RVL, you would understand the reason why he's getting so much universal hate. I still fail to see why he gets so many chances, and why he hasn't been permanently banned on every single Re-Volt forum yet.

If you want to take this discussion further, PM me. I will gladly answer your questions regarding all of this.

Posted: 21 Feb 2015, 16:08
nevermind
Abc @ 20 Feb 2015, 09:51 PM wrote:... but i became mature -.-
Abc @ 21 Feb 2015, 12:50 AM wrote:Am I disallowed to apply for moderator?
You are mature enough to figure it out yourself :)

Posted: 21 Feb 2015, 20:01
Manmountain
nero @ 21 Feb 2015, 11:23 AM wrote:If you want to take this discussion further, PM me. I will gladly answer your questions regarding all of this.
Really ! you want to do a little back-stabbing in a PM, who's immature now ?
nevermind @ 21 Feb 2015, 11:38 AM wrote:
Abc @ 20 Feb 2015, 09:51 PM wrote:... but i became mature -.-
Abc @ 21 Feb 2015, 12:50 AM wrote:Am I disallowed to apply for moderator?
You are mature enough to figure it out yourself :)
That will be up to the voter's.

Quick question, how many member's have took the time to try and mentor Abc in forum etiquette, rather than just blasted at him about his immaturity or bickered back at him ?

As a community member he deserve's our guidance and support to be a better Revolt community member where ever possible.
Yes, there comes at time when no amount of guidance or support can help an attitude that constantly clashes with the community spirit, and then needs to be dealt with. Have we reached that point, IMHO, I don't think so ?

Posted: 21 Feb 2015, 21:53
nero
Manmountain @ 21 Feb 2015, 02:31 PM wrote:Really ! you want to do a little back-stabbing in a PM, who's immature now ?
What on earth are you on about? You must have misinterpreted what I have said.
Me wrote:If you want to take this discussion further, PM me. I will gladly answer your questions regarding all of this.
This was directed towards you, not ABC nor anyone else. Once again, reply to me in a PM and not here, as we are just derailing the topic at this point (which is precisely why I said what I had said earlier in the first place).

Posted: 21 Feb 2015, 22:23
Manmountain
nero @ 21 Feb 2015, 05:23 PM wrote:
Manmountain @ 21 Feb 2015, 02:31 PM wrote:Really ! you want to do a little back-stabbing in a PM, who's immature now ?
What on earth are you on about? You must have misinterpreted what I have said.
Me wrote:If you want to take this discussion further, PM me. I will gladly answer your questions regarding all of this.
This was directed towards you, not ABC nor anyone else. Once again, reply to me in a PM and not here, as we are just derailing the topic at this point (which is precisely why I said what I had said earlier in the first place).
I understood you perfectly. :mellow:
You wish to privately tell/explain/discuss why Abc receives the attention he does.
You wish to point out all the negatives and none of the positives about Abc from other places he has voiced his somewhat unrestrained personal opinion.
In my book we call this character assassination. Of late he is managing to do this all by himself, I'm no idiot you know, I can see what and how he has posted.

You really need to read my whole response again. And stop derailing the topic of this thread. If you really wanted to discuss Abc in private then you would have already PM'd me, <_< , instead of making a public point of it. :rolleyes:

Now the real question is, are you wanting to be considered as a moderator ?

Posted: 21 Feb 2015, 23:11
Abc
As said, the reason/cause I'm with this weight is because of a lot of topics: there's proof on here, youtube, rvl and rvr. in fact i ever gained a 15 seconds of fame in a revolt patch! (Xmas 2012) (yes, hacking sometimes does makes the developer conscious of the flaw, there's a lot of proof in different programs/environments and that's why hack-a-trons exist!)

ps: is there a date for poll yet?

Posted: 21 Feb 2015, 23:17
URV
jigebren @ 21 Feb 2015, 01:39 AM wrote:BTW I'd just like to suggest to applicants to ensure that you're profile has at least info like location (country) and year of birth. Interests are optional but may help. ;) An avatar is also needed as it make it easier to remember who's who.
I must inquire about the necessity of this information. I would not mind making it public, at least for the duration of the poll, but I am the type of person who prefers remaining a little anonymous on the Internet.

Granted, perhaps the age could be considered important, as it designates the participant's expected level of maturity. Of course, I do not necessarily believe that, as I have seen plenty scenarios where a young individual would prove to be more responsible, serious and smarter than their older counterpart. If you consider age to be a vital factor in the poll results, I must point out that certain voters could be biased regarding their choices, choosing an older, supposedly more experienced participant over a younger one, who might actually make for a better moderator. That is, of course, unlikely to happen, but still remains a possibility, and is another reason why I remain reluctant to reveal my age.

As far as location goes, I am slightly puzzled about what advantages it could bring to the participants. Rather, from my point of view, divulging one's location could negatively impact the results – for, if certain voters are a little close-minded, they might be prejudiced for whatever reason against one's nationality. Of course, I believe that most of the Re-Volt community is better than that, but one can never know.

With that said, I already have a fine little avatar (although I could certainly switch to a more serious one if deemed necessary) and would not mind filling out the Interests section in my profile with a thing or two. [:

Posted: 21 Feb 2015, 23:35
Abc
+1

Everyone got their rights to pick what to share. this is not Big Brother Network ;)

We deserve freedom of speech.

Posted: 21 Feb 2015, 23:45
nero
Manmountain @ 21 Feb 2015, 04:53 PM wrote: If you really wanted to discuss Abc in private
Quick to judge, I see. That's not even what I was hinting at; I simply felt the need to explain and justify my behaviour and attitude. Nothing to do with him. However, I have PM'd you, just as you asked.

Posted: 21 Feb 2015, 23:55
Alphacraft
Manmountain @ 19 Feb 2015, 06:33 AM wrote: Just a thought, to help members decide, may be interested candidates should give a little reasoning why them over other's. Your 'Campaign Speech' if you will. ;)
Hmm, I don't know about a campaign speech, but I've got a few things going for me:

1) Activity. I might not play RV online all that often, but I'm on ORP many times throughout the day, as I check it between classes, on the train to and from school, in the morning before I leave, just before I go to bed, etc. Unless I'm on vacation or have a power outage, you can be sure that I read every new post that's made here.

2) I'm unbiased. I have no grudges against any members of ORP and can treat all users equally. Take Abc for example; there's a lot of negative sentiment toward him in the RV world in general. When I was floundering with trying to get RV House working with my router, it was him that came to me rescue and got me up and running. I'm also aware of his past activities, so I wouldn't be partial to him over others, but I would give him a chance or two to resolve his own disputes before taking any action against him; same would go for anyone else.

3) Helpfulness. If someone's in need and I have to knowledge to help, you can be sure that that's what I'll do. Jig needs hardware advice, so I give him the best hardware advice I can. If you feel so inclined, you can look up voltoid27 on the Tom's Hardware forums or Gaming with Netbooks on Yahoo Answers to see my history of help-giving.

I'm sorry is this is all too cheesy, but I guess that's how campaign speeches are supposed to be :lol:

Posted: 22 Feb 2015, 03:28
Manmountain
I prefer pawer126's speech over URV's :P

URV made some valid point's, so I would just like to clarify;
Age is not an issue, older may be wiser but not always intellectually mature.
Language is not an issue, as long as you can understand English (the forum's default global language)
Location is not an issue, as long as you'er from Earth (Alien's need not apply :D )
Total Revolt knowledge and skills not too important.
Previous moderating skills not essential, though helpful.

Basic personal info is your choice. IMHO The more info you supply the friendlier you seem. But don't air you dirty laundry ;)

Applied candidates :
pawer126
Skarma
nero
RV_Passion
Abc
URV

Nominated candidates (though not personally confirmed) :
Urne
Ebee

Is there anyone else ? I will set the POLL late evening 22/02/15 GMT

Posted: 22 Feb 2015, 04:24
VaiDuX461
Manmountain @ 21 Feb 2015, 11:58 PM wrote:Is there anyone else ?
Ahoy there! When I saw that language isn't a huge problem, I thought to give it a shot. I hope more choices for the poll won't be a big bother :rolleyes:.

Now, a few things about myself. As I'm a simple minded person, I will have this short.

- Very active. It may not look like it, but Re-Volt forums is what I check most often as far as Re-Volt goes currently. I used to play the game much more often, but visiting forums is still what I do everyday. Expect me seeing almost every single day.

- Regarding moderation skills. I moderate Re-Volt Zone track section, and I admit that moderating forums is a different kind of thing. ORP isn't as huge as a forum, so it shouldn't be that problematic.

- Pretty good game knowledge. Community member since 2011, made some stuff for the game, like few tracks. I have least knowledge regarding car modification. I do a lot of stuff with computers, it's something.

- Helpful whenever I can or want to. Sometimes I can't help, simply because of my English, I can't explain more complicated stuff. Regarding easy questions, well, yes of course.
Latest example.

- Friendly. I never have any bad intentions against other people. Unless of course, they are annoying others and have bad reputation.

These were the things probably most worth mentioning. If you have any more questions, be sure to ask.

Posted: 22 Feb 2015, 04:31
URV
Heh, I never really wrote much of a speech, but simply confirmed that I would be interested in participating. Also, thanks for clarifying! I'm often willing to share most of the information mentioned, I merely prefer not to make it public.

Nice to see you join, Vaid! You shouldn't worry about your English; I'd say you speak it well. Good luck, you would make a fine moderator. :]

Posted: 22 Feb 2015, 04:37
miromiro
What ever happened to GWC? He was Staff of this forum some time ago as far as I recall.

Posted: 22 Feb 2015, 06:47
jigebren
URV wrote:I must inquire about the necessity of this information.
I do respect the desire to remain as anonymous as possible on internet, anyway, you'll notice I didn't mention date of birth but only year of birth. Yeah, I'm sorry but having an idea of a moderator's (and even a member's) age makes sense, even if as you said age is not necessarily an indicator of value. And no, the point is not to have those info only for the poll, but to give a brief presentation about you. You're totally free no to fill them though (but we're also free not to pick a moderator that we don't know nothing about). -_-

About the location, when someone speaks an incomprehensible gibberish he has more excuses if English is not his native language, even more if he comes from a country like some in eg. Asia whose language isn't based on a similar grammar or alphabet. It also gives information about eg. the user's own timezone. But you're totally free not to give that info if you feel like it it would be a prejudice for you (though I start to wonder where you live to have such an idea, haha). :ph43r:

And my request about the avatar was not a request to have one more point to judge you on (like whether it looks serious or not), it's - and it's just - that it's easier to remember a face (or an image) than a name, at least to me. And it's also the proof that you've already made the minimum effort to introduce yourself on the forum.

I have to admit that as far as I'm concerned I'm not much into the idea of choosing through a vote. On the other side I didn't expect we actually had to make a choice... several of you look perfectly suited for the place but we can't have as much moderators as we have active members, can we? :lol:

miromiro wrote:What ever happened to GWC? He was Staff of this forum some time ago as far as I recall.
See this post.

Posted: 22 Feb 2015, 12:21
URV
That is most understandable, thank you for answering! Do not worry, I don't reside in a country so controversial as to ignite prejudice, nor am I so young that my ability as a moderator should be called in question – I merely recognized the possibility of such a scenario, but I am sure that the Re-Volt community hasn't so low a mentality as to let the aforesaid information affect their vote greatly.

I'm not here to win but merely to express an interest as a potential moderator, and I believe there are a couple other participants who would make for a better choice than me. That said, since you made a good point over not choosing people you hardly know anything about, I decided to fill in the desired information, at least until the poll is over.

Speaking of voting, will anyone be able to vote, or will the administrators' choices count most? Would the voter have to – or at least be encouraged to – express why they chose candidate X, or are they free to remain silent?

Posted: 22 Feb 2015, 22:24
Manmountain
Good speech VaiDuX461, nice of you to throw your hat in the ring.

@URV, Your overall response's suggest you are a secret agent under deep cover and do not wish your cover blown. :ph43r: :unsure: :ph43r:

It will be an ORP community member vote, anyone and everone. Basic voting, a secret ballet if you will, no response required or prefered as not to sway the vote. ;)
Refreshment's will not be provided and there will be no child care facilities. :P

Unless the nominated candidates confirm their own interest, then they will not be added. So nominator's need to contact their nominee's quickly. -_-

Posted: 23 Feb 2015, 03:21
kajeuter
I think Vaidux will be the best choice for this moderation contest. You have my vote!

Posted: 23 Feb 2015, 03:43
Manmountain
:BT: VOTE NOW - Moderator Voting - VOTE NOW :BT: