Page 1 of 1
Posted: 16 Feb 2015, 03:07
jigebren
As some of you may know, a few test-builds ago track search support has been added to find / filter tracks using the keyboard. I'm glad to tell you that car search has just been added as well and will be available in the next v1.2 release.

A few words about it. It works almost exactly the same for cars and tracks, so here I'll take take cars as an example.

Search Starts with...
When you're at the Select Car screen, the searching is automatically activated on typing. You type eg. "TOY", a line appears above the car name that shows "FIND: TOY_" and it selects the first car whose name starts by TOY (likely the TOYECA). As long as this search is active you can navigate with the left / right keys amongst all cars whose name starts with TOY. To cancel search, press [Esc]. If navigation is impossible or the search has no match, it produces a blocking sound.

Search Contains...
If you want to for a string included in the name but not necessarily at the beginning, just press the "*" key, and now if you type SLUG it will find all occurrences that match the wildcard search "*SLUG*", for example Phat Slug (in a wildcard search, the "*" character matches zero or more characters).

New shortcuts
Some new navigation shortcuts have been added as well. They also work independently of the search feature:
  • Home: Jump to the first available car (RC Bandit if there's no filter).
    A second pressure (or if the current car is already an user car) jumps to the first user car.
  • End: Jump to the last stock car.
    A second pressure (or if the current car is already an user car) jumps to the last user car.
  • Page Up / Page Down: Jump 10 cars at a time.
Multiplayer "Select Next Track"
The in-game menu in Multiplayer has been updated the same way. Before, "Select Next Track" displayed the track name, then you had to select the track with left / right and choose "Restart Track". Now, "Select Next Track" calls the regular track selection menu (without the tv screen you see in frontend), then going forward starts the next track. If you decide to go backward instead and select "Restart Track", it will actually restart the current race, not the one chosen in the "Select Next Track" menu.

There's still a few known glitches to fix though, like selecting Reversed of Mirrored track in Multiplayer, or auto disabling search on F12 chatting...

Posted: 16 Feb 2015, 03:27
nevermind
Excellent :)

I'd like to suggest the possibility of filtering or maybe jumping by rating (jumping by rating would be changing to the previous/next car of a different rating than the current one, or the current car to avoid infinite loops when combining with filters), but I guess that car selection would have too many controls...

Posted: 16 Feb 2015, 03:57
Phantom
jigebren @ Feb 15 2015, 06:37 PM wrote: or auto disabling search on F12 chatting...
You beat me to it. :P

Posted: 16 Feb 2015, 05:08
Skarma
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. SO MUCH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I have been waiting so long for a car search function. You have no idea how happy I am right now.

Posted: 18 Feb 2015, 07:47
revolting
This feature is specially useful when you have lots of rubble (cars) or to distinguish them by classes, sounds good :)