Page 1 of 1
Posted: 13 Sep 2014, 01:21
nevermind
I have enlarged the stock cars textures using the most impressive image enlarging method I have ever found (nnedi3) to get 512x512 (formatted as .bmo) textures. I thought the result was good enough to be shared (a lot of texture aliasing is avoided), so here they are!

A few examples (cropped screenshots from a 1920x1080 screen):
Adeon: before, after.
Bertha Ballistics: before, after.
Cougar: before, after.
Pest Control: before, after.
Zipper: before, after.
(Open the two images from one car in two different tabs and Press Ctrl-Tab or Ctrl-Shift-Tab to change from one to another - that way, the changes are easily spotted)

I know that the results are not that great and those textures have effect only from a close view, but it is still better than using 256x256 textures, so... why not? These textures will be a good option until somebody decides to start an ambitious project involving those textures.

You may download all the textures here. (.rar, 5.21 MB)
Please read the readme before trying those textures. Genghis Kar and cheat cars are not included.

I hope you enjoy this!

Posted: 13 Sep 2014, 01:34
nero
They look slightly better, I guess. With 1024 or 2048 textures, I assume the textures will look even better, even crisper.

Posted: 13 Sep 2014, 01:45
nevermind
This (or any) enlarging method does not give any better result in higher resolutions. 1024x1024 textures would not be seen from that distance, anyway (maybe when RV allows screen sizes over 2048x2048, they will be). A well-done 512x512 would do give a better result than this, but it requires time. A lot of time - one texture would require more time than it took me to resize all textures.

Posted: 13 Sep 2014, 02:31
Abc
Cool story bro! and you can see the HD by putting mipmap = none

i agree with this, lighting looks really cool on 1080 but the textures gives the big screen a low rating :P

Also, this should be applied for tracks too. (stock ofc)

i hope that the next version of the game include BMOs of this
Best is upscaling FYI (almost no quality loss)