Page 1 of 1
Posted: 06 Apr 2006, 07:33
APM
I'm not from England, and neither is my step-dad, but my step-dad had a 1999 version of the English Re-Volt. I have noticed, through snapshots shown on websites (especially ones hosted by Freewebs, :lol: "yay") that that version is a bit differrent from the American one. So is material made for one version compatible with the other? For example, tracks and cars? It would be a bummer :( if I wasn't able to download anything from our site and I could submit anything to it.

APM :)

Posted: 06 Apr 2006, 11:15
arto
Hey,

there is no worries. All the different language versions of Re-Volt work with each other.

Posted: 07 Apr 2006, 04:33
Manmountain
Alex_Perdomo @ Apr 6 2006, 03:03 AM wrote:I'm not from England, and neither is my step-dad, but my step-dad had a 1999 version of the English Re-Volt. I have noticed, through snapshots shown on websites that that version is a bit differrent from the American one.
What exactly is different, or seems to be different ?

As Arto says, all Tracks, Cars and other Utilities created for ReVolt should work 100%.

Posted: 18 Apr 2006, 07:01
APM
One thing is choosing cars. I've seen in a snapshot that you choose cars in the American version through this machine. In the English version, you choose cars by selecting boxes. I look for more differrences through more snapshots and I'll correct myself. For now I'm still not sure.
APM

Posted: 18 Apr 2006, 20:04
GWC
I believe that at least 1 car had a different name - 'NY 54' in the UK; 'something Clique' ? in the States. Tho' I think the skin was the same.

Geoff

Posted: 20 Apr 2006, 05:42
APM
GWC @ Apr 18 2006, 03:34 PM wrote:I believe that at least 1 car had a different name - 'NY 54' in the UK; 'something Clique' ? in the States. Tho' I think the skin was the same.

Geoff
Yes, that's one differrence. The NY 54 is a favorite of mine, but there's no Clique. The cheat codes are a bit differrent, too. So you use a tire to enter your name, boxes to select a car, and a big screen to choose your track. Any differrences?
APM
P.S. Thanks, Geoff.

Posted: 20 Apr 2006, 07:21
Manmountain
I'm wondering if your not confusing the Nintendo version with the PC version ?
Very similar but slight differences. The screen shots and car names on the official Acclaim ReVolt site were those from the Nintendo game.

Posted: 20 Apr 2006, 11:49
APM
I've seen those snapshots, too. I have a Nintendo, but the only games for it I have are Mario Superworld and Donkey Kong. (Where is that thing, anyway? :P) You know, it's not easy to tell if everyone is talking about the same thing, here. Someone should hire an expert all-game gamer or something! :lol:
Thanks. APM
Long live Re-Volt! (I hope human doesn't get mad at me for saying that. :unsure: :P :lol:)

Posted: 20 Apr 2006, 11:53
APM
I wonder why they have so many game platforms, anyway. :P
Just thought you should know. :)