Page 1 of 1
Posted: 20 Jun 2014, 14:51
g-force
Hello Guys, im g-force, some of u guys might remember me.

So im trying to come back playing this game, but i cant seen to get RVHouse to work, when i open it it give me this Message:

"Re-volt not found from registry, Have you installed and run it before starting this application?"

I did what it told me to do but it doesnt work, and it keeps giving me this message, i tried looking in the forums to try and fix this but im not getting it.

Oh and i have tried and disable and add RVHouse to exceptions on the Windows Firewall.

Do you guys know how to fix it?

I appreciate all the responses.

Thx.

Posted: 21 Jun 2014, 02:34
Phantom
Eae g-force. Tudo bom? Good to see you back. :)

Turn UAC off and then reinstall RV House. That should fix it.
Instructions on how do it, here.

Also keep in mind that you need to have a good copy of re-volt installed and updated to 1.2 alpha 0820. Don't download the newest version from the page, it has a failure and nobody uses it.
Installer: [url=http://revolt_f1.webs.com/RV%20Tools/Re-Volt.exe]download.[/url]
Patch: download.

Posted: 21 Jun 2014, 05:39
g-force
Its been a long time Phantom :D

Unfortunately it didnt work, i did all steps u instructed me to, and its still giving me the same message.

But i noticed something that might be related, when Re-volt is installed, it creates the folder named Acclaim in the "Program Files", but back when i played it was created in a folder named Acclaim Entertainment. Can this be somehow related?

Thx for the response and help.

Posted: 21 Jun 2014, 10:00
Phantom
As always, it is very tricky to install this game and play online. Some things never change g-force.

The problem is related to the registry yeah. It is difficult to determine the exact cause but either the Re-Volt installer you used in the first place didn't create the registry entry needed by RV House or RV House didn't have enough administrative priviliges when it was installed to "read" where re-volt really is. If UAC off didn't fix it, some registry entry might have been corrupted and now rv house is trying to find re-volt where it really isn't.

If I were you I would:
Turn UAC off and reboot PC.
Uninstall the game and rv house completely with Revo Uninstaller.
Check that all the corrupted re-volt installations were successfully uninstalled.
Start by installing Re-Volt 1.10 (with the installer that I gave you) which does indeed create the correct registry entry that will be used by RV House to find revolt.
Then launch re-volt once and close it (check Task Manager to close multiple processes).
After that, update the game to v1.20 with the Patch 0820 that I gave you. Launch once.
Finally install RV House and make the test.

If you skip one of these steps you will probably corrupt the installation again.

Posted: 23 Jun 2014, 07:35
g-force
Damnit this is geting frustrading.

None of this is working, the same message is still showing, even if i uninstall everything with Revo Uninstaller. i dont know why the same error hapens :(

Posted: 23 Jun 2014, 07:50
g-force
Nevermind, I installed RVHouse before install the patch, the message did not appear but i cant install the patch apparently, "Access Denied" error.

But i couldnt login in RVHouse, dont remember my pass and cant create new Acc, server seens to be down, ill try another time.

Thx for the Help :D

Posted: 23 Jun 2014, 10:29
Phantom
Yes, the registration server seems to be down as another user reported.

"Access Denied" is another proof that you don't have enough administrative priviliges or your windows account is limited. Your windows account needs to be Administrator in Windows 7, you need to have re-volt and rv house running as admin, the patch installer running as admin or UAC off. IIRC rv1.2 already includes administrative permissions but RV House doesn't.

Problems, problems and more problems. It's not strange that only a few guys still play this game in 2014.

Posted: 23 Jun 2014, 12:43
nevermind
Doesn't the patch website tell you that you should install beta version before installing any alpha patch? If you can not install the patch and you are not able to get administrator privileges, you may want to try to install beta version first (it is newer than v1.10 and you should be able to download a .zip to your Re-Volt directory and extract it rather than running an executable file)

If Windows did not allow you to place the .zip there or to extract it, you may want to try to install Re-Volt anywhere but C:\Program Files, as you should be able to extract the .zip install the patch if Re-Volt is not there.

Posted: 23 Jun 2014, 13:29
VaiDuX461
nevermind @ Jun 23 2014, 09:13 AM wrote:Doesn't the patch website tell you that you should install beta version before installing any alpha patch?
The website is outdated and wasn't updated (except for adding new alpha builds) from 2011 when beta was released.
Alpha builds starting from 2013 does not require to have beta installed first.

Posted: 24 Jun 2014, 01:51
g-force
Thx all for your responses,

I have solved the issues, i think im ready to play, i just not able to create an acc cause the server for registation seens to be down, and i dont remember my old school acc.

Posted: 24 Jun 2014, 05:32
Phantom
It would be nice if you describe how you fixed it. :)

Posted: 24 Jun 2014, 06:29
g-force
Well, i fixed it by doing this:

1) Install Revolt
2) Install RVHouse
3) Apply Patch

Of Course, after uninstalling everything with Revo Uninstaller i did that.

I thought maybe the patch is changing something in the register so i gave it a shot and it worked, about the permission problems i just ran everything as admin.

I think im ready to play, but Y U NO LET ME CREATE ACCOUNT?? LoL

Posted: 24 Jun 2014, 06:35
g-force
WOHOOOOOO I DID IT

Account created, i just would like to know in what time and timezone you guys normally play, i loged in on RVHouse, but noone is there, i remember that at this hour nobody play, specially in the middle of weeks.

soo im loking forward to comeback to my first online game experience xD

Posted: 24 Jun 2014, 07:05
mmudshark
Hi g-force. Good to see you have it working.

Most of the racing seems to start around 7 or 8 pm European time. It's been a little slow lately with summer and the World Cup going on now but there are always a few players around then.

Posted: 24 Jun 2014, 18:42
g-force
Yeah after some head crack, i put it to work, and i can even host games lol.

Ill try to show up as soon as i can in the middle of the week because of work, in the weekends i have more free time to play so ill show more often at that time in weekends, since yout guys start at 7/8 pm EU time (for me its like 2/3 pm), so cya around.

thx for all the help.