Page 1 of 1
Posted: 10 May 2014, 07:53
zagames
Good evening Re-Volters! I've been thinking lately about how clunky and hard to navigate the new RVZ is. (and I've received a few complaints about the style as well) Does anyone have any suggestions that might help make the layout of RVZ better? Any concept ideas, drawings, other sites(to use as an example), or anything else would be great. The goal is to make RVZ easier to navigate. Also, if you feel any part of RVZ is redundant or not needed or you think something else would be useful, please let me know. Thanks!

Zach

Posted: 10 May 2014, 08:27
zagames
To help get the ball rolling, I think a mix of these two concepts might work well:

http://zblowfish.deviantart.com/art/Vis ... -147536145
http://zblowfish.deviantart.com/art/Cyc ... -230290848

What do you think? Convert the floating menus from RVZ to something fixed onto the page like these? Change up the colors? Change up the layout?

Posted: 12 May 2014, 19:50
Killer Wheels
Hey Zach,

glad too see you want to improve the navigation a bit ^^

Here's what I've pointed out so far :

- There's no obvious "home page" ! There should be a place with the last 5 or 10 cars and tracks WITH IMAGES. You may add some text info here too if you think it is needed (like "main news" or something like that). Well, the page a casual visitor would check to see what's new...

- The search engine is great, but I don't understand why when clicking on "new tracks" there's no pagination at all. I think it would be better to put the search with all inputs on a "search" page, and pages like "top graded" or "new tracks" would be like shortcuts with just pagination and no inputs.

- I saw there are new search criteria like "length" or "grade", but when displaying results the length or grade should be shown somewhere...

- Search results display is really strange. When I search for a new track, the first thing I check is the image, and it's the smallest thing on the screen + borders are rounded so you hide more infos !!

- last but not least, when clicking a link to open in a new tab, the actual page is refreshed too. Some links can't be used like that at all (like links to forums etc..). I don't know why but it's really annoying.

Here are my 2 cents. Good luck with this and thanks again for the work you already did !! :)

Posted: 15 May 2014, 17:40
zagames
Thank you very much KiWi, all very good suggestions