Page 1 of 1
Posted: 22 Feb 2014, 19:01
Kipy
Yo Jig, Huki!

The 0820 contains some issues in 'all version' mode. These happened after that I put down the game into the desktop and switched to the game again.

Without speedup the video and the game:
[youtube][/youtube]

It happened too when the copter wasn't there (sometimes the cars moved 5-7m too into different ways)
[youtube][/youtube]

And the wonderful issue during the race (with music, enjoy it :D )
[youtube][/youtube]

On the last video, the track's sounds and the movements of the items (flags, tumbleweeds) were faster too.

Posted: 22 Feb 2014, 19:33
jigebren
I ready wonder what this post had to do in the collision report topic. :blink:
I'm splitting it here.

BTW thanks for the report and video capture, but without a clear description of the bug I won't pay much attention to them.

Videos are very good to illustrate an issue, they are not bug reports. People tend to post a video as if the issue is obvious. It may be obvious for you at the time of posting, it may be really obvious actually, but I don't feel like watching a video trying to discover what it's about, trying to guess what I have to look at.

What if the blinking texture is just an outcome of the video capture but what you're trying to show is that Toyeca tyre is deflated? I'll waste my time looking at the whole graphic code when pumping up a bit was just enough...

Posted: 22 Feb 2014, 19:57
Kipy
Well, I'm not really good in English, but I'll try to explain you this.

I made a room in RVH where I put the 'all version'. because the other player used an older version (it was the 11.0525).
While we race I put down the game to the desktop to check my times in RVR. After that I switched to the game again, but the game was strange:
The track's sounds, the thunderbolt and the ship's movement iterated faster than normal, while the time meter and the camera's whirling still normal (1st video).

The same happened in wildwest2 (3rd video), but when I recorded that I was alone in the game, nobody joined to me, but I still used 'all version' mode.
In wildwest2 i didn't finishing the race. My car moved faster with the same speed (63-64 kph) and the cornering was terribly sensitive too.
Tumbleweeds, the flags' movement were faster, the wolf's howling, the bell's tinkle, the eagle's voice iterated faster too.
I opened the chatbox in game, I did hit 1 random button (example: 'T'), it made not just one character, also made more than 7. When I tried delete these I deleted more than one character. when I sent the text, it sent more than 3 message too.
But the time meter still the same.

Anyway, It is happened not just with me, it is Why_Try_Harder's video of the same issue:
[youtube][/youtube]

I hope I wrote it understandable more than before :)

Posted: 22 Feb 2014, 20:42
Phantom
Interesting. The bug can be reproduced without the need of an online connection.

-Start Re-Volt, multiplayer, choose compatibility turned On. Choose a car, track, go to it.
-Race 2 or 3 seconds and minimize re-volt.
-Wait for a few minutes with re-volt minimized (4-5 minutes in my test).
-Maximize re-volt and voila.

Important: at first i didn't wait enough so the bug didn't happen. I waited some minutes with revolt minimized and then it occured.

Posted: 22 Feb 2014, 20:46
Kipy
Phantom @ Feb 22 2014, 04:12 PM wrote: Interesting. The bug can be reproduced without the need of an online connection.

-Start Re-Volt, multiplayer, choose compatibility turned On. Choose a car, track, go to it.
-Race 2 or 3 seconds and minimize re-volt.
-Wait for a few minutes with re-volt minimized (4-5 minutes in my test).
-Maximize re-volt and voila.

Important: at first i didn't wait enough so the bug didn't happen. I waited some minutes with revolt minimized and then it occured.
Phan, thanks for your test, I guess your version is more understandable than mine :rolleyes:

Posted: 03 Mar 2014, 00:42
Kipy
This issue is the same in 14.0222 too. Just report that :unsure:

Posted: 03 Mar 2014, 18:34
jigebren
Hmm, if the bug occurs only when compatibility is turned ON, you'll first have to confirm that this bug doesn't already exist in original Re-Volt. Otherwise if we fix the compatibility mode it may no longer be a compatibility mode. :rolleyes:

Posted: 04 Mar 2014, 01:08
Kipy
I can understand, but a report still a report.. then it still be an interesting thing in ReVolt I guess.
Thank you anyway

Posted: 04 Mar 2014, 03:22
jigebren
Yes but no.. What I meant is that we may have already fixed this issue, but restored it when we introduced the legacy mode (ie. compatibility ON), since the legacy mode is not intended to be updated (and is not really supported anyhow: it's just here to ensure you can play with an older version in case you have no choice).

Posted: 04 Mar 2014, 22:42
sebr
I have the same issue on revolt 13.0820 and 14.0222 (not tested with 14.0208)

I switch back to revolt 11.0525, patch 12.07 and revolt beta 11.0208 and never get this bug ...

Posted: 05 Mar 2014, 05:35
jigebren
sebr @ Mar 4 2014, 06:12 PM wrote:I switch back to revolt 11.0525, patch 12.07 and revolt beta 11.0208 and never get this bug ...
Wasn't it precisely around that time that we introduced the compatibility mode, and gradually reverted some of our fixes to restore the original timing behaviour?

Once again, if it isn't confirmed that it was not in v1.1, this will likely not even reach the bottom of our TODO list... :P