Page 1 of 1
Posted: 13 Feb 2014, 07:47
ElectricBee
I confirmed it's a version bug; After running Re-Volt a13.0815 first, I overwrote the installation with the new files from a14.0208 and it fails to play any sort of music except on non-stock levels.

Do bear in mind I modified the stock INF files to include music before, and added that feature as part of my pack, now when people install the latest update they'll think I am blowing smoke. The front-end plays nothing. Stock maps play nothing. But oddly enough the other maps play music. So what's going on? Is Re-Volt looking for music only in the root folder now? Is it doing redbook only?

Also, ThugsRook over at RVL reports OGG redbook having problems. Phantom will be sure to fill you in on everything.

Posted: 13 Feb 2014, 23:50
Huki
Did you create a "music" folder inside the Re-Volt folder? Doing so will trigger the new Redbook feature, which means MP3 won't play for stock tracks. Delete or rename the "music" folder if you really need to use MP3 for the stock tracks.

Just checked ThugsRook's post:
- The volume bug does exist (only the first track plays with the correct volume), it's fixed now.
- The credits music is not supposed to loop, no bug there.
- Credits screen plays at normal speed for me.

Posted: 14 Feb 2014, 09:09
ElectricBee
Huki @ Feb 13 2014, 07:20 PM wrote: Did you create a "music" folder inside the Re-Volt folder?
That never occurred to me as a problem. It's resolved now. :)

Posted: 14 Feb 2014, 23:48
sebr
Huki @ Feb 13 2014, 07:20 PM wrote: - The credits music is not supposed to loop, no bug there.
I think there is a bug here ...

on revolt 1.0 (the CD version) credit music loop
on revolt 1.1 (patch 09.16 & 12.07) credit music don't loop

And sometime the cd music randomly don't loop during race with last beta ... 815, 820 & 0802