Page 1 of 1
Posted: 30 Jan 2014, 11:36
ElectricBee
For the 0.01% of us who care enough, here's a fix for all the strings, taking "Platinum" in each language and replacing any instances of the word "Special" with it.

Simply download, and extract into /strings.

Download 1.2 language fix

Posted: 30 Jan 2014, 12:33
Phantom
I never knew there was something to fix in the languages. What different lines are included here?

Posted: 30 Jan 2014, 13:39
ElectricBee
Phantom @ Jan 30 2014, 08:03 AM wrote: I never knew there was something to fix in the languages. What different lines are included here?
*reads the OP*

Nope, I don't think I'm missing anything there...

Posted: 30 Jan 2014, 18:54
VaiDuX461
#Game facts#
Platinum Cup was known as Special Cup before the game release (or during development), so this translation is kinda true. (Source: Game source code - "competition.cpp" file)
I think devs changed it, because simply it had nothing *special* about it, just harder tracks than gold. Platinum was better name than Special for 4th cup, anyway.

Posted: 31 Jan 2014, 04:59
ElectricBee
I did testing and the renames work pretty alright. I would love, for the sake of completion and correctness to see the fixed strings included if the use of "Platinum" in each language is semantically correct. I did no research other than where the lines would be and did a simple word swap, not sure if it turned out "Right" in every language.