Page 1 of 1
Posted: 02 Jan 2014, 17:09
RV_Passion
Is it possible to play on rvhouse with 2 Laptobs, with different IP addresses, with on router?

So that me and RV_Pure can racing online with you.

Posted: 02 Jan 2014, 18:47
Balint12
On RVHouse no. You two will see each other, but others can't see one of you, and if someone else hosts the game one of you won't be able to join. I've tried many things to make this happen when my brother (Gyimi) used to play, but could not figure out how it can be done.

On Gameranger you can do it with others too, everything works perfectly, but there are far less and far slower opponents to race with.

Posted: 02 Jan 2014, 21:14
nero
I'm not sure this will work, but it's the only thing I can think of:

1. The one person should create a room and start the game via RVHouse
2. The other person should join that room via IP.

Or you could race via Gameranger against noobs who would probably crash at Test Course 6 with Toyeca.

Posted: 02 Jan 2014, 21:24
Skarma
nero @ Jan 2 2014, 03:44 PM wrote: ...crash at Test Course 6 with Toyeca.
That's one way to win on that track...

Posted: 02 Jan 2014, 22:28
Balint12
nero @ Jan 2 2014, 04:44 PM wrote: I'm not sure this will work, but it's the only thing I can think of:

1. The one person should create a room and start the game via RVHouse
2. The other person should join that room via IP.
As far as I remember, with this method only the host will see the player who joins by IP. Worth a try though.

Posted: 02 Jan 2014, 23:03
RV_Passion
Let's see what I can do.

Posted: 03 Jan 2014, 01:16
Phantom
Send me a screenshot of your router settings page. The Port Forwarding section and look if there is a menu called DMZ. There is a little hope for you.. but only works in 20% of the routers.

Posted: 03 Jan 2014, 01:57
RV_Passion
There I have found "DMZ-Host". Is it that what you mean?

Posted: 03 Jan 2014, 07:29
Phantom
Yup, that option is supposed to open all ports for 1 IP Address (which means for 1 computer).
And the Port Forwarding section can open specific ports for 1 IP Address aswell.
But both IP addresses can be different.

So.. in theory.. you can use DMZ option for Pure's PC and open the ports normally for your PC.

I admit it hasn't always worked for me, it depends a lot on the router. But I could make a couple of brothers and friends play together in the past by using this method.

As example, here you see ports opened for 192.168.0.2 and DMZ open for 192.168.0.3:

Note: In theory, DMZ only opens all ports for incoming or outcoming traffic, which means that there is a chance that the 2nd pc can only host, or only join games. It's not a full feature like Port Forwarding.

Posted: 03 Jan 2014, 20:43
kajeuter
At least beeing only able to host or join is better then not racing online.

Posted: 19 May 2014, 11:20
Abc
DMZ means Demilitarized Zone, and it sends all ports of the target computer to the "outside", nat is required and still works, its the safest approach when you need direct internet access (you protect yourself with SPI firewall and (optionally) ignore wan ping packet (it rejects all pings to your router) it's best to use when you have to face complex port forwarding.

ovbiously the other computer has to join by ip as nero pointed out.

so, one computer has to host on rvhouse and the other one remains "hidden" until it's seen in game :)