Page 1 of 1
Posted: 04 Oct 2013, 02:09
urnemanden

http://www.gog.com/news/release_revolt

More information as soon as I've bought it.

EDIT: sorry about that seems to be old news on ORP already hahaha

Posted: 04 Oct 2013, 02:46
OdieHerpaderp
Might be nice to use this topic to summarize what we know thus far, though.

- GOG is selling Re-Volt with what seems to be "Beta Build 11.0208"
- Basically has any and all mentions of acclaim replaced with WeGo.
- Comes included with PRM2NCP.exe, for no appearant reason, hehe.
- Comes with libraries for ogg and vorbis to play music.
- Comes with 128kbps mp3 music and ogg versions.
- Comes with 256kbps mp3 OST download you also get from GOG (both Windows and Dreamcast versions of the OST are availible)
- The publisher listed on GOG seems to be H2 Interactive, which seems to have little to no relation to WeGo other than being Korean aswell (Supposedly, H2 Interactive translates and ports western games over to korea)

Posted: 04 Oct 2013, 02:51
urnemanden
Another thing we need to figure out is whether it is safe to recommend people to patch their GOG product to the latest alpha to gain a greater experience. I plan to perform a bit of testing tonight.

Oh, and I can confirm that the GOG installer and the "GOG version" of Re-Volt works fine on Linux. There seem to be no difference between it and 1.2b tbh..

Posted: 04 Oct 2013, 03:06
Kenny
Is there any music played ingame (without CD)? Or are the included soundtracks just for external playback included?

Does Humma still have the Acclaim logo?

What is the last date modified of the Revolt.exe?

Posted: 04 Oct 2013, 03:34
urnemanden
Kenny wrote: Is there any music played ingame (without CD)? Or are the included soundtracks just for external playback included?
Yes, music is played in-game. There are mp3 files provided inside /Re-Volt/ and I believe those are the ones being played. Furthermore, the soundtrack is also stored inside /music/.
Kenny wrote: Does Humma still have the Acclaim logo?
Yes.
Kenny wrote: What is the last date modified of the Revolt.exe?
in my case: October the 1st at 14:10:48

EDIT: here is a list over what seems to be all new files in comparison to a 1.00+latest alpha install:
http://lpaste.net/93863

Posted: 05 Oct 2013, 00:06
HansSchmucker
What's weird is the timing: They're releasing it alongside ShadowMan, also from Acclaim/Teesside. So maybe it's more about the developer than the publisher.

Anyway, glad that I finally own the PC version now :)

Interesting quote:

The only thing which I think is a shame is that H2 Interactive / We Go Interactive / GOG is making money off someone else's work. Basically all they changed was the intro screens - making Re-Volt work on newer OS was taken care of by the 1.2 developers...But maybe the 1.2 developers will receive official support from GOG or We Go / H2 at some point!

I think they really deserve it for this badass patch.

We used the build supplied by publisher, but it looks like the situation is worth checking a bit more.
Can't make any promises, but I'll pass the info to our guys who, y'know, actually talk to people >.>

It's good I'm not one of them <.<