Page 1 of 1
Posted: 29 Sep 2013, 16:18
Dolo
I made some test today and i can say there is a difference about sensibility of steering between alpha 11.0717 and alpha 11.0731...
How do u explain that ?
And i talked with mmud about steering, and he said he sees difference when he plays with the last alpha 13.0820 and with an old alpha like 11.0525...
How do u explain that too ?

Posted: 12 Oct 2013, 23:05
Dolo
Interesting that bartman3010 said on Gog's forum...
No, I'd prefer using a game controller over a keyboard, especially since I've been having better success on the Dreamcast version.

Its starting to sound like a new physics system was implemented and not tested very well, if I really have to switch to a keyboard to have a better experience, then that means the people behind the patch didn't do well in ensuring the game works well with a controller. The game thinks I'm oversteering on certain areas, especially in Musem 2 where I drive over glass which seems to act like the RC cars are driving on ice.

It also seems like other aspects of the game were changed as well, and while I can see why people would want to do so for an old game, I'd prefer to have the old physics model for the cars and items back in place.
Thats what I'm thinking is the issue, especially for a game from 1999 where XInput didn't exist. Plus I don't have nearly as much experience with the game as the ah, entire Re-Volt community has. After messing with the controller settings, like I mentioned in the other topic, leaving Non-linear steering to On helps matters greatly, as well as adjusting the dead zone to 20% and analog range to 80%. Since the 360's joystick range is a little shorter than from joysticks from back in the day, it definitely helps.

I do want to say the work those guys have put into these updates have been pretty good. LAN multiplayer seems like it works well, its easy to set up, and the split-screen multiplayer I have to admit was one of the reasons I bought the PC version from GOG. My apologies for seeming ab it harsh, after messing around with the PC version a bit, I'm growing on it a bit more again.

Posted: 12 Oct 2013, 23:28
Kenny
Was he talking about the GoG version (=Beta) or the Alpha? I'm not sure on this but in the first case it could be different because the DirectInput version defined for the game was different from the original one.

In the original it was version 5 where in the Beta it was version 7. This was changed back to the original version in the recent alphas but it could also be that they reverted it only for a test build (mentioned here -> http://z3.invisionfree.com/Our_ReVolt_P ... topic=1621, last reply from huki).

So yeah, maybe that fixes something controller related, maybe not. As for the physics, I can't really say anything about that.