Page 1 of 1
Posted: 27 Sep 2013, 19:28
lolala
hey,

i re-discovered re-volt a few days ago, since i was a big fan as a kid.

now i wanted to play online via rvhouse, but can't get it running. here some informations, that may be important:

mac (10.8.5)
revolt (rvmac1.2a13.0308h)
rvhouse (v0.93.5)
using wineskin

i registiered on revoltzone.net and have no problems to log in on the site itself. now, when i open rvhouse i get to log-in, but when i enter my username and password, it says invalid username or password. it is defintely correct, i tried to regsiter a new user in rvhouse, didn't work either... it says the username is already used, no matter what name i enter (even stuff like "lkhfskjhskd" won't work). so it seems there is a problem?

i read that i have to shut down my firewall and open some ports at my router. maybe that could be the problem: shutting down the firewall, yes. but i'm using apple airport as a router, i looked up where i may open the ports there... typed in the ports i could find online, but nothing changed. am i doing it wrong? did i overlook something? or is it just not possible to play revolt online on mac with airport as a router?

would be nice if someone could help me with that. thanks in advance! :)

lola

Posted: 27 Sep 2013, 22:48
Phantom
I can't help you with the login problem since the new login system is causing problems to almost every new player.

But I do remember I helped a guy with an Apple Airport Extreme once.
It was long ago but I managed to open ports on it so I saved this link, maybe it helps you:

http://gigaom.com/2009/05/05/how-to-por ... e-capsule/

Use the settings described above applying these ports:
TCP 2300-47624
UDP 2300-47624

About the IP, in 99% of the normal routers you have to write your Internal IP which should be something like 192.168.1.33, but since this is a weird router it may ask you for your External IPv6 address, which is different. Try both.