Page 1 of 1
Posted: 05 Aug 2013, 13:45
Rock Lee
i am not so good in english but i have a problem in the multiplayer game.
i use gameranger and when i try to play with people with different version, i cant see then in the waiting room or i get error "wrong version".
my version is rv1.2a12.1225.
i am with windows 7.
what can i do?

Posted: 05 Aug 2013, 14:59
VaiDuX461
You must have same game version as room host. Ask him for full version number he uses.

Annoying when people chooses to use unofficial alphas for online racing, it's difficult to find them actually.

Posted: 05 Aug 2013, 15:01
Rock Lee
what you mean in unofficial?
if you will tell me to download 1.2b version, i tried but i have crash sometimes.
and i think rv1.2a12.1225 is better, we have there profiles and more cool things..

Posted: 05 Aug 2013, 15:13
Balint12
First of all... Rock Lee? My old buddy [aKa] Rock Lee? Helllllo and welcome, Bálint here! :)

The unofficial patch what we use these days is the 13.0709. It's not beta, and as Vaid said, pretty hard to find. Please someone (maybe your other active old buddy, Phantom) give him the link for 0709! :)

EDIT: Uh, sorry I thought you wanted to play on RVHouse. I don't really know what's up with gameranger these days.

Posted: 05 Aug 2013, 23:37
Rock Lee
now it's ok, and i have 13.0709 version. :D
the link: http://rv12.revoltzone.net/downloads/rv ... 9_test.zip
but i still have little problem with the resolution in the game.
how can i fix that problem?

Posted: 06 Aug 2013, 01:22
VaiDuX461
Yeah, that's the version which most people using right now.
I called unofficial build, because you can't find it on patch homepage, this version also counts as just a test, so you can call it test or unofficial alpha.
Rock Lee @ Aug 5 2013, 09:07 PM wrote:but i still have little problem with the resolution in the game.
Oh wait, here's some usefull flashback.

Posted: 06 Aug 2013, 05:53
Phantom
Hey RockLee. It's good to see you again :)

As Bálint said, the new 1.2 Alpha 2012.1225 and 2013.0709 are meant to be used in RV House. This is because Scott Kevill (the gameranger developer) isn't supporting Re-Volt 1.2 project yet so for the moment they don't work in GameRanger. And the only way to make the new Alphas work in GR is that all players in the room use exactly the same version.

Today most GR players use the Beta 2011.0208, this version isn't so 'cool' but it's fully compatible with other drivers using Re-Volt 1.1 or any version.

If you want, I can suggest you the following solution that I use:
Download me.
This file is a Re-Volt with the 1.2 Beta 0208 integrated. It is portable (this means it doesn't require installation so you just extract it and play it). This way you can continue using the Alpha for RV House without deleting it, and the Beta for GameRanger.
How? GameRanger has an useful option that lets you choose the .exe of each game.

You can click on the Browse button and tell GR to use the revolt.exe that has the Beta 0208 integrated. This way GameRanger will launch the Beta 0208 from now on, and this doesn't affect RV House. RV House will continue launching the Alpha that is in a different folder in your disk.

Posted: 06 Aug 2013, 13:27
Rock Lee
Hi Phantom :D
Thank you all.
I stiil have the problem of the resolution in the game. When I play RV offline the resolution is not ok.
By the way Balint, amazing videos. B)

Posted: 06 Aug 2013, 13:51
Balint12
Hehe, thank you Rock Lee! :)

Phantom, cool stuff! :o