Page 1 of 1
Posted: 31 Jul 2013, 03:24
Kenny
Hi all, I'm having some AI related problems on human's Jailhouse Rock track, just right before the end of the track where that U-turn is some (if not most) AI cars seem to get stuck and take a while before they are able to continue.

I already looked at the track's AI and pos nodes and they seem fine to me. Looking at the car's route with -gazzasaicar you can see that they are fixated to one point even though they drive a proper racing line.

Perhaps I overlooked something but at this point I rather suspect a game bug than a track issue since I have no problems on v1.1 with that track.
Anyone can comment on this?

Posted: 31 Jul 2013, 05:08
Strix
I had a problem with the IA me too, I remember it. It seems to me that the problem came from tracks zones.

Here is the file with the correction (I don't know if is the correct file) -> http://www.mediafire.com/download/iyjko ... lhouse.taz

Posted: 31 Jul 2013, 15:17
Kenny
Yes you are right, the track zones were the problem. Looking at the original ones it seems that in that U-turn there is a zone that goes over the whole section so the car would drive through that zone, enter a newer zone but then would go again through both the previous zone and the next zone if it wanted to finish the lap.
In your linked version that problematic zone is smaller so it doesn't intersect with any zones that are not its successor or predecessor.

Though I wonder what bugfix was introduced in the 1.2 version that made this problem appear because as I mentioned the 1.1 version doesn't seem to care about that.

Also I would strongly suggest to update the track on Re-Volt Zone so new users won't have any problems with it.

Posted: 01 Sep 2014, 01:58
Huki
Kenny @ Jul 31 2013, 03:17 PM wrote: Though I wonder what bugfix was introduced in the 1.2 version that made this problem appear because as I mentioned the 1.1 version doesn't seem to care about that.
Hmm just to update: this was caused by an old 1.2 fix that I removed several weeks ago as it doesn't seem to be important, so the original Jailhouse should work with the next release.

FYI, an ainode is taken to be inside a zone if the node center (i.e., middle of the line joining red and green) is inside the zone. The fix was to test both the red and green ends in addition to the node center so nodes that are nearly half way inside the zone, but not quite, were not ignored. It doesn't work well with this turn in Jailhouse in which all the nodes have one node end inside the zone before the turn. So the cars were assumed to be "out of zone" before it could make the turn.