Page 1 of 1
Posted: 28 Jun 2013, 00:37
zagames
Just so everyone knows. Yes, RVZT is offline so I can move all files to a new host. I was hoping to be done this weekend, but we have run into some minor issues. It may be another week before everything is up and running again. The new URL will be http://revoltzone.net/ Please tell everyone you know that things will be back online (at the new and old URL) soon! Thanks,
Zach

Posted: 28 Jun 2013, 01:05
jigebren
Yep, I noticed that not so long ago.

Please note that the v1.2 website is affected the same way since it was on a subdomain of zackattackgames.com.
Which mean unfortunately you can't download any build for now... Well, let me know if I have to mirror a few builds on my own website.

Hope you'll be able to have it up and running again soon Zach. :)

Posted: 28 Jun 2013, 01:21
zagames
rv12 rvchat and rvhouse should be back online tonight.... RVZT will take the longest time to get back online, and it may be worth waiting until the new RVZ is finished... I am considering both options...

Edit: Of course, the new URL will be rv12.revoltzone.net along with rvchat and rvhouse.

Posted: 28 Jun 2013, 01:27
Manmountain
zagames @ Jun 27 2013, 08:07 PM wrote:... we have run into some minor issues.  It may be another week before everything is up and running again.
NOOOOooo :o

What am I going to do :wacko: ?

Posted: 28 Jun 2013, 01:43
zagames
I could possibly have everything back online by tomorrow, but it would be nice if I didn't have to upload the entire RVZT just to launch the new RVZ in a week. ;)

Posted: 28 Jun 2013, 01:58
urnemanden
Good to know! I will probably update the rvzt.net domain to point at revoltzone.net once you have it up and running Zach. However, now that you have aquired revoltzone.net, perhaps it's time to pull back rvzt.net - revoltzone.net is just as easy to remember if not even more easy (since you can pronounce this url :P).

Posted: 28 Jun 2013, 02:37
zagames
Urne, I would suggest keeping rvzt until it expires. After that, you may let it die. Its entirely up to you.

Posted: 29 Jun 2013, 05:18
zagames
As expected, rvchat. and rv12. are back online at revoltzone.net. RVZT is still uploading...

Posted: 30 Jun 2013, 05:28
jigebren
zagames @ Jun 29 2013, 12:48 AM wrote:As expected, rvchat. and  rv12. are back online at revoltzone.net.  RVZT is still uploading...
Thanks Zach.

BTW, can't you (at least temporarily) simply set up a redirection from the old zackattackgames.com to the new revoltzone.net ?
This would be way better for users, and not to loose ranking in search engine as well...

Posted: 03 Jul 2013, 18:24
zagames
I attempted to set up one form of redirect and I'm attempting to do another system, but the first one obviously didn't work. lol. I'm having a little issue getting RVZT to work on the new server. I sent Arto an email the other day, but he hasn't responded yet. If we don't get it fixed soon, RVZ may completely take over ahead of schedule.

Which brings me to my next point. There will be 3 grades for all tracks and cars. Do you want: Overall, GFX, and Flow/Handling ? Something similar or completely different? I need to keep the overall grade for the search engine, but the other two are up for grabs. Thanks,
Zach

Posted: 03 Jul 2013, 19:10
Manmountain
zagames @ Jul 3 2013, 01:54 PM wrote:Which brings me to my next point.  There will be 3 grades for all tracks and cars. Do you want:  Overall, GFX, and Flow/Handling ?  Something similar or completely different?  I need to keep the overall grade for the search engine, but the other two are up for grabs.  Thanks,
Zach
Not trying to sound too stupid but can you give an ex planation of what is generally agreed by the definitons of ;
Overall Playability- is this a personal out of ten opinion of the track with a view of details others might not see ?
GFX (Graphics) - is this an appreciation of visual theme and layout or assesment of textures and colors used ? as one could be good while the other poor.
Flow/Handling - does a higher value indicate an easier more dynamic flow or an awkward un obvious flow or wall banger. Higher value GOOD :thumbs-up: or BAD :thunmbs-down: ?
What ever headings used there needs to be a clarification of how to score and whether a higher value is good or bad.

How about a searchable Theme discription, such as 'Rural Street', 'Racing Circuit', 'Off Road Dirt Track', 'Fantasy' or 'Other'

Posted: 03 Jul 2013, 19:21
jigebren
Can't you simply use this kind of with permanent redirection in the .htaccess file on the old domain?

Code: Select all

Redirect permanent / http://revoltzone.net/
zagames wrote:Overall, GFX, and Flow/Handling
Sounds good already. The overall grade is not really relevant in itself, but it can be an average of the others anyway.

I also wonder if a Difficulty rating (easy/medium/hard/extreme) would be pertinent (since that's something we could add the same way for user tracks in v1.2).

Posted: 03 Jul 2013, 20:46
arto
Just a quick note:

I would do away with Flow-like grade in a reboot. That was a mistake in RVZT, as people never seemed to understand what it meant so the grade becomes misleading. Most people just give high grades if they like the track.

So the things to grade should be easy, higher the better kind. The flow grade was meant to mean something like 1 = wallbanger, 10 = smooth riding. But it seemed to be too hard for people to judge objectively.

Posted: 03 Jul 2013, 21:30
zagames
So for tracks:

Experience (or Overall): 1 star = really dislike, 5 stars = really like

Graphics : 1 star = default lego, 5 stars = visually stunning?

Difficulty : 1 star = not difficult, 5 stars = too difficult
OR 1 star = not difficult or too difficult , 5 stars = just right

And maybe for cars:

Experience (or Overall): 1 star = really dislike, 5 stars = really like

Graphics : 1 star = crudely drawn in mspaint, 5 stars = visually stunning

Handling : 1 star = can't steer, 5 stars = easy to maneuver

What do you think?

PS - Jig, there is no hosting on the old domain for me to upload a htaccess file

Posted: 03 Jul 2013, 21:52
Citywalker
I'll reply for this forum, too:

For tracks Difficulty, this is best
1 star = not difficult or too difficult, 5 stars = just right

For cars, Handling should be the same way:
1 star = undrivable or too easy, 5 stars = just right

Posted: 03 Jul 2013, 22:37
jigebren
Thinking again about it, the Difficulty rating seems a bit confusing. At first the idea was to use it rather as a "class/category" system rather than a "grade/rating" system, just like the stock tracks which display the Difficulty info at track selection screen. And in fact this value should rather be set by the track maker itself before releasing the track.

I'm not sure it'll be actually easy to rate the track difficulty for end users. Just the fact that it's not really easy to explain what 1 star means ("1 star = not difficult or too difficult") shows that's it's likely to be confusing... And it's also a bit redundant with the Flow rating (a track with a good flow can't be a too easy or difficult one).

So I think now that this Difficulty rating suggestion should be ignored...

Posted: 03 Jul 2013, 22:37
Manmountain
zagames @ Jul 3 2013, 05:00 PM wrote:So for tracks:

Difficulty : 1 star = not difficult, 5 stars = too difficult
  OR 1 star = not difficult or too difficult , 5 stars = just right
Should this be refered to as How Competitive ? if Too difficult and Not difficult are being scored the same.
Citywalker @ Jul 3 2013, 05:22 PM wrote:I'll reply for this forum, too:

For tracks Difficulty, this is best
1 star = not difficult or too difficult, 5 stars = just right

For cars, Handling should be the same way:
1 star = undrivable or too easy, 5 stars = just right
This is far too subjective because of personal choice and driving style IMHO.
What one person considers undrivable might suit someone else's driving style.
Is 'Just Right' right for an RC car or real life handling ?
The only way this can be relative is if you ask the question "does the handling suit the car model ?" 5* = 'Perfect for car', 1* = 'Too many issues to list here'

Posted: 03 Jul 2013, 23:16
zagames
Yes, competitive would be a good way to put it, though it seems like a long title. lol. These are 2 samples that I'm looking at. Both in mobile and desktop format. Of course, the 'average' grade labels will match the 'my grade' labels when finished.

http://revoltzone.net/rvz_m.jpg
http://revoltzone.net/rvz.jpg

Posted: 03 Jul 2013, 23:59
zagames
Manmountain, what do you think of the word Challenge instead of Difficulty?

Posted: 04 Jul 2013, 00:02
Manmountain
zagames @ Jul 3 2013, 07:29 PM wrote: Manmountain, what do you think of the word Challenge instead of Difficulty?
LOL
I just posted at RV Live.
I think one thread per forum or this could get confusing.

Posted: 04 Jul 2013, 00:03
zagames
haha, high-larious!

Posted: 04 Jul 2013, 00:23
Huki
IMO there should be Overall, Graphics, Flow(tracks) / Handling(cars) for users to vote. If there is going to be a Difficulty rating, it should rather set by the author, probably according to re-volt's classification (Easy / Medium / Hard / Extreme) as suggested by jigebren above.

Posted: 04 Jul 2013, 18:58
jigebren
zagames @ Jul 3 2013, 05:00 PM wrote:PS - Jig, there is no hosting on the old domain for me to upload a htaccess file
Sorry to keep focusing on this, but:
- Do you still own the old domain zackattackgames.com?
- In this case why can't you simply make it point to your new host? (sorry I'm not used to registrar, etc.)

And to put the 301 redirection in place, can't you do for example something like?
- make rvzt.zackattackgames.com point to a revoltzone.net subdomain
- put the .htaccess "Redirect permanent" in this subdomain.

edit:
- pointing zackattackgames.com to your new host
- add this kind of code to the .htaccess of the new host:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^rvzt.zackattackgames.com$
RewriteRule ^(.*) http://revoltzone.net/$1 [QSA,L,R=301]
For RVZT as for the v1.2 website, I think this is quite important not to lose the users pointing to the old websites (and the google requests as well, before the new websites get known by search engines).

Posted: 04 Jul 2013, 19:46
veugar
how to register in revolt zone site?

Posted: 04 Jul 2013, 21:11
Cat
veugar @ Jul 4 2013, 11:16 AM wrote: how to register in revolt zone site?
Try reading this topic's title 10 times.

In a less rude way, you can't register still.

Posted: 04 Jul 2013, 21:52
veugar
Cat @ Jul 4 2013, 04:41 PM wrote:
veugar @ Jul 4 2013, 11:16 AM wrote: how to register in revolt zone site?
Try reading this topic's title 10 times.

In a less rude way, you can't register still.
you consediret a genius if you moving the server of site can register on it to site can`t open anything. :blink:

Posted: 04 Jul 2013, 22:37
jigebren
Argh, the ban button really tickles me... How long can I stand it???

Posted: 04 Jul 2013, 23:40
miromiro
In Wrestling, if you wait more than 10 seconds, you'll be punched!
But this is not Wrestling, no need to ban this guy right away, after all he did nothing but ask.

Posted: 05 Jul 2013, 01:31
Skarma
jigebren @ Jul 4 2013, 05:07 PM wrote: Argh, the ban button really tickles me... How long can I stand it???
Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.

Posted: 05 Jul 2013, 01:47
Manmountain
miromiro @ Jul 4 2013, 07:10 PM wrote:In Wrestling, if you wait more than 10 seconds, you'll be punched!
But this is not Wrestling, no need to ban this guy right away, after all he did nothing but ask.
And I remember when miromiro first started posting. :banghead::rant:

Posted: 05 Jul 2013, 02:17
miromiro
Manmountain @ Jul 4 2013, 11:17 PM wrote:
miromiro @ Jul 4 2013, 07:10 PM wrote:In Wrestling, if you wait more than 10 seconds, you'll be punched!
And look how things turned in the end. If you banned me then, the community never was what it is now.

Posted: 05 Jul 2013, 16:37
Phantom
miromiro @ Jul 4 2013, 05:47 PM wrote:
Manmountain @ Jul 4 2013, 11:17 PM wrote: And I remember when miromiro first started posting.  :banghead::rant:
And look how things turned in the end. If you banned me then, the community never was what it is now.
Oh, excuse me, let me touch you sir, you must be priceless.

Posted: 09 Jul 2013, 02:32
Manmountain
miromiro @ Jul 4 2013, 09:47 PM wrote:
Manmountain @ Jul 4 2013, 11:17 PM wrote:
I can only give my deepest appologies to the community for this. :D :P

Posted: 09 Jul 2013, 05:07
sebr
LOL

and any news about RVZT ?

Posted: 12 Jul 2013, 20:45
Cat
Good to see RVZ(T) back.

My first complaint is that i can no longer search by author, and i was using a link like the one in my signature as a list of cars done by me.

However, if Zach can fix this issue, it'll be beneficial for everyone (car & track makers and downloaders searching for content of a certain author).

Posted: 12 Jul 2013, 23:45
jigebren
Sorry to insist Zach, I guess you're currently quite busy but I'm still curious to hear your answer to my previous post:
jigebren @ Jul 4 2013, 02:28 PM wrote:- Do you still own the old domain zackattackgames.com?
- In this case why can't you simply make it point to your new host? (sorry I'm not used to registrar, etc.)

And to put the 301 redirection in place, can't you do for example something like?
- pointing zackattackgames.com to your new host
- add this kind of code to the .htaccess of the new host:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^rvzt.zackattackgames.com$
RewriteRule ^(.*) http://revoltzone.net/$1 [QSA,L,R=301]
For RVZT as for the v1.2 website, I think this is quite important not to lose the users pointing to the old websites (and the google requests as well, before the new websites get known by search engines).

Posted: 13 Jul 2013, 00:01
zagames
Hey Jigebren, sorry I forgot to respond. I have tried both a DNS redirect and htaccess scripts. (several different methods of each). Unfortunately, the company I go through has this blocked because they charge for subdomains. I am going to attempt to purchase the important ones for a short while, but I will not maintain them because it is expensive. Sorry, I tried my best.

Cat, if you read the "Welcome!" news post on RVZ, you'll see that several features aren't finished yet. I felt like it needed to be released since RVZT will not come back online. I will work to fix these over the next couple weeks.

Thanks,
Zach

Posted: 13 Jul 2013, 00:19
jigebren
zagames @ Jul 12 2013, 07:31 PM wrote:I am going to attempt to purchase the important ones for a short while, but I will not maintain them because it is expensive.
A temporary solution is definitively ok. As long as you use a 301 redirection for a while Google (for example) should be smart enough to understand that the website has moved, and you should not loose your ranking. But I'm afraid you should not wait any longer or the old websites will soon been seen as dead (instead of moved).

Posted: 13 Jul 2013, 22:56
Phantom
At least the 3 links work to redirect for now. B)

http://rvhouse.zackattackgames.com/
http://rv12.zackattackgames.com/
http://rvzt.zackattackgames.com/

And this makes me very happy as I've spent so much time spreading these links on the internet to make some good RV advertising on social networks, youtube, etc.

I will have to slowly re-start advertising again with the new addresses maybe, i hope the new links don't get changed again soon. :)

Posted: 13 Jul 2013, 23:00
zagames
Yes, the three main links are back online and the RVHouse update files are also working. I will only leave them up for a month, probably closer to 25 days, because after that I get charged a boat load of money... Since it is a 301 redirect, Google and the other search engines will learn that it has moved.
Zach

Posted: 13 Jul 2013, 23:06
Phantom
1 month is enough for replacing at least most of the old links spreaded out there. I'll contact most of the youtube uploaders, who are the biggest source nowadays for catching re-volt talents and new visitors of the sites, informing them that the links have changed.