RULES OF THE MAD-RACE CHAMPIONSHIP:

Properties of the race:
- Arcade mode
- 3 laps
- Pick up race (Weapons: ON)
- 12 players
- Late joining is: ON

Cars:
In the race only stock cars can be used.

Tracks:
13 ReVolt tracks (step by step), and a Bonus track at the end.
13 ReVolt tracks include a ”Joker track” (signed by 2 red stars) in which the winner can ask a ”Bonus track” to the end of the race.
”Bonus track” can be only one of the 13 ReVolt tracks again.
In the next championship (after some days or weeks) The asked ”Bonus track” will be the ”Joker track”.
At the start of the race the host will write what is the Joker track – according to this rule – you don’t have to remember the Bonus track of the last race.

Points and places:
According to the ReVolt single player mode:
- 1. – 10p
- 2. – 6p
- 3. – 4p
- 4. – 3p
- 5 – 2p
- 6 – 1p

There are double points on the Bonus track:
- 1. – 20p
- 2. – 12p
- 3. – 8p
- 4. – 6p
- 5 – 4p
- 6 – 2p

- The maximum points which can be earned in a championship are 150 points (all track win).
- Those players, who cannot be able to earn any points under the championship (who has no better place than 7th with 0 points) won’t be appeared at the race-results list.
- The first 3 placed on the podium are automatically members of the next championship – if they want to come naturally.

Dead heat:
When two, or more players have the same points at the end of the championship.
That player will get the better place on the results-list, who have better position on the Bonus track.
Dead heat can be possible, when two or more players have the same points, and they don’t race at the Bonus track.
On 13 ReVolt track the first six places can be seen only (these are the point-earner places) but on the Bonus track all places can be appeared, because of eliminate dead-heat.

About game hosting:
- You can write a ”bad” text message (short time after a start) if you see a bad start, but don’t stop racing! You can’t be sure that the host restart that track indeed!
- If there are global game crash, or the host disappears under the race, the championship will be restarted at that point where the crash (on connection crash of the host) happened.
- If host write in the chat system: RESTART (after some sec of the race) the actual track will be restarted.

Posted: 24 Jun 2013, 22:43
Kosztya
Results of the 1st Championship:

In biggest version on the link:

Mad-Race Championship - 1

Posted: 27 Jun 2013, 02:17
Kosztya
Results of the 2nd Championship:

In biggest version: Mad-Race Championship - 2

Posted: 28 Jun 2013, 01:32
Kosztya
Results of the 3rd Championship:

In biggest version: Mad-Race Championship - 3

Posted: 28 Jun 2013, 10:48
Phantom
Excellent Kosztya!

Posted: 28 Jun 2013, 13:26
Kosztya
Thx Phantom! ;)

News:

A lot of player asked me for date of the next championships. I wrote them that it is very difficult to me because of my little freetime, but I try to find a date:

Mad-Race Champioship #4 will be:
Sunday, Jun 30. 2013 21:00 CET (GMT+1)

Joker Track: Toys in the Hood 2

Before race a password protected room will be opened. Those players, who were in podium in the last race will be received the password, when they will have arrived to the room the password will be deleted, and anyone can connect to the room.
(Players, who were on podium: Dolo, Famous, Tuc)
The limit are 12 players, you have to connect qickly if we were more than 12 ones.

- If I have no time, this date of the race will be deleted
- Race will be deleted if anyone hack game (in this days I have sen ABC again)
- Race won't be started if I get continuous "ReVolt House crashing"

Race rules are readable in the 1st post.

Posted: 01 Jul 2013, 02:41
Kosztya
Results of the 4th Championship:

In biggest version:
Mad-Race Championship - 4

Posted: 01 Jul 2013, 19:30
Kosztya
News:

Mad-Race Championship #5 will be:
Tuesday, Jul 2. 2013 20:00 CET (GMT+1)

Rules are described in the 1st post.

Posted: 03 Jul 2013, 01:53
Kosztya
Results of the 5th Championship:

In biggest version:
Mad-Race Championship - 5

Don't forget this rule:
"When two, or more players have the same points at the end of the championship,
that player will get the better place on the results-list, who have better position on the Bonus track."
(It is readable under the rules in the "Dead heat" chapter of the 1st post!)

Posted: 09 Jul 2013, 17:57
Kosztya
Hi all again!
Yesterday my holiday ended up, so I am here again.
I planned one Mad-Race Championship in this week. The date of this race:

Mad-Race Championship #6:
Wednesday Jul 10. 2013 20:00 CET (GMT+1)

Joker Track: Toys in the Hood 2
Those players, who were in podium on last race: DrPepper, Ben, Balint.

Other thing:
I don't know which patch will be active in the day of the race, in my game "v1.20 Alpha 13.0522" has been activated.
If there is any changing please inform me!
THX

Posted: 11 Jul 2013, 01:51
Kosztya
Results of the 6th Championship:

In biggest version: Mad-Race Championship - 6

Posted: 14 Jul 2013, 16:07
Kosztya
Mad-Race Championship #7:
Sunday (today) Jul 14. 2013 20:00 CET (GMT+1)

Joker track: Museum 1
Players, who were on podium on last race: Stingox, Kipy, Mmud
Actual game patch: 0709

Posted: 15 Jul 2013, 02:25
Kosztya
Results of 7th Championship:

In biggest version: Mad-Race Championship - 7

Posted: 17 Jul 2013, 01:05
Kosztya
News

There can be 2 possible dates of the Mad-Race Championship #8:

Thursday, Jul 18. 2013 20:00 CET (GMT+1)

Or (if I can't do it):

Sunday, Jul 21. 2013 20:00 CET (GMT+1)

Joker Track: Museum 2
Those players, who were on podium on last race: Cosmo Kramer, Kosztya, David

Posted: 19 Jul 2013, 02:58
Kosztya
Results of 8th Championship:

In biggest version: Mad-Race Championship - 8

According to the rules (1st post):
"When two, or more players have the same points at the end of the championship,
that player will get the better place on the results-list, who have better position on the Bonus track.
(Under "dead heat" chapter)

--- ---

Other News:

I planned Mad Race Championship, because I wanted a small results list about our races, our common game, our entertainments.
In 4th Championship there was a player, whose car (behavior of his car) seemed to be illegal (I don’t named him now). At the end of the race I wote into the chat, that I wouldn’t like to see these kind of things in the next futures.
Now, under this last race another player’s car did an absolutely illegal, unexplainable thing under the race against me.
I think, if I spend my freetime with it I can ask a correct paly for this.
I can ask, but I don’t get that, so in this way:

It was the last Mad Race Championship, there won’t be more ones!
I don’t want to watch the illegal things between races, and I don’t want to argue with anyone about these things under the race.
I am not willing to spend more freetime to it in this way!
Sorry for those players, who raced with us correctly.
--- --- --- --- ---

Posted: 19 Jul 2013, 03:13
VaiDuX461
Kosztya @ Jul 19 2013, 12:28 AM wrote: It was the last Mad Race Championship, there won’t be more ones!
Oh damn, and I didn't even had a chance to be in here.
I was looking forward to this champ, oh well.

I like your results pictures though, nice idea.

Posted: 19 Jul 2013, 07:39
Pranav
Kosztya @ Jul 19 2013, 02:58 AM wrote: It was the last Mad Race Championship, there won’t be more ones!
I don’t want to watch the illegal things between races, and I don’t want to argue with anyone about these things under the race.
Isn't there a kick feature in Re-volt? :ph43r:

Posted: 20 Jul 2013, 00:29
kajeuter
Kosztya @ Jul 18 2013, 10:28 PM wrote: It was the last Mad Race Championship, there won’t be more ones!
This was the exact reason why I quitted with hosting the Slug Championship and even Join it.

Posted: 20 Jul 2013, 02:41
Dolo
Hey koszty, What happens my friend ?! You want to stop your championship because cosmo race like a gayzor ?? Look, i'm first and he's second ;) ! It's the most important !
Your championship is really good and it refresh the online scene ! Don't stop it and blame the 1.2 with the weird rockets & Cie... ;)

Posted: 20 Jul 2013, 13:11
mmudshark
The races are a lot of fun Kos. I would hope that you change your mind about not doing them anymore.

Posted: 20 Jul 2013, 16:38
Cosmo_Kramer
oh jizs!

And Dolo it doesnt have to do anything with gayzor style,the thing was,in last race and in last section of a map i was few metars behind Kosztya and i shot him with fireworks and i used a battery to go pass him...nothing strange there but Kosztya claimd that on his screen there was no avialible pick to pick up,so he concluded im cheating ...

Although Mud told me later that is possible that sometimes 1 player just doesnt see the pick and kind a "goes trough" them while the other one picks it normaly,
i suppos that was the case here also then.
But there is no need to quit champs only beacause of me,i ll just quit joining in ur championship if u think im cheating and problem is solved :unsure:

Posted: 20 Jul 2013, 18:09
Balint12
Here's my theory about this:
I think it is possible with lag.
There will be 3 players in my example: A, B and C.
On A's game, player C picks up a pick-up, so it disappears. On B's game, C is at a bit different position, let's say 2 meters to left, and that way, he doesn't go through the pickup, so in B's game the pickup is still there, and B can collect it, even if player A doesn't see it (because it disappeared when C picked it up)
From different comments from Huki in the collision bug topic, I think lag works this way.
I hope my example was understandable.

Posted: 20 Jul 2013, 19:16
Kosztya
Yes Cosmo, it happened almost in this way, but not totally:

This case happened in the last lap, and last straight part of the bonus track (Toytanic 1, in front of the ramp).
I was on second place at that time, and you were the third. There were some meters difference between us (the 4th player, Ehr11 was too far from us, as it can be seen on the result list - next straight part of the track was the finish).
I had got a rocket from you - as you have written - but my car didn't flip or overturn, I could continue driving in 2nd place, but at that moment (there was no more than 1-2 secs !!!) I heard the voice of the activated battery behind me, and on the ramp you passed me.

This part of the track is no more than 5 seconds drive with Toyeca from the down-ramp to the up-ramp, so the questions:

1. Where did you grasp a pick after shooting your rocket (because with rocket you can't possess other weapon... - I hope).

But if I accepted, that you had found a pick, there would be another question:
2. How can you activate another pick after a rocket shot inside 1-2 seconds???
- You shot a rockets, you had to find a pick. - it needs time
- A grasped pick needs 3-4 seconds, after it shows what pick can be used.
This is my biggest problem with your debatable performance...

Posted: 20 Jul 2013, 19:31
Kipy
Balint12 @ Jul 20 2013, 01:39 PM wrote: Here's my theory about this:
I think it is possible with lag.
There will be 3 players in my example: A, B and C.
On A's game, player C picks up a pick-up, so it disappears. On B's game, C is at a bit different position, let's say 2 meters to left, and that way, he doesn't go through the pickup, so in B's game the pickup is still there, and B can collect it, even if player A doesn't see it (because it disappeared when C picked it up)
From different comments from Huki in the collision bug topic, I think lag works this way.
I hope my example was understandable.
I experienced this theory a lot of times.. but I saw the scene too...
But it was really 2 sec between shoot rocket and battery using
What the..? :blink:

Posted: 20 Jul 2013, 19:56
Cosmo_Kramer
Where did u get those 2 seconds??U had a stopwatch in ur other hand??U sure did drive like u had stopwatch in ur other hand,i guess that would explain your crawling during the race

Posted: 21 Jul 2013, 16:43
Kosztya
Cosmo, I wrote my problem after race, and here as well about this thing.
You can write ironically about it, but yes:
- I restarted game after race online and single way, and I used stopwatch on that part of the track, and I used stopwatch to examine these things which I wrote from.
Clean for me, that there are a lot of problems which can be part of the online game, like:
- fake collosions
- non-stoppable zapps
- not working bomb-passes
...and so on.
but that was an absolutely incorrect thing that you did there, and I didn't find answer about that question (but I am waiting for it).

Here is a picture about that part of the track:

After a shoot on this straight part, it is the only pick, that you can grasp.
Next video shows where you can activate this grasped pick fastest (weapons can be activated when it begins to light strongly):

[youtube][/youtube]

As you see it can be activated only the down part of the ramp, and no sooner!
And what happened (from my former post):
"I had got a rocket from you - as you have written - but my car didn't flip or overturn, I could continue driving in 2nd place, but at that moment (there was no more than 1-2 secs !!!) I heard the voice of the activated battery behind me, and on the ramp you passed me."
My opinion then and now: This is impossible!

And about the next future with ReVolt online game:
You have to know, I have no personal or any other problem with you (don't understand it to be a personal attack against you!).
I will race with anyone in the next future in anytime, at best I will finish a race if I see an illegal thing under the race.
But I am not willing to spend more freetime after races for it if I meet with illegal things.

Posted: 21 Jul 2013, 18:19
kajeuter
Its also possible to quickly start hitting the power-up button after picking up a pickup. That will sometimes stop the 'randomizing' of the current pick-up faster then waiting.

Posted: 21 Jul 2013, 20:34
Kosztya
kajeuter @ Jul 21 2013, 01:49 PM wrote: Its also possible to quickly start hitting the power-up button after picking up a pickup. That will sometimes stop the 'randomizing' of the current pick-up faster then waiting.
Don't work at me...

Posted: 21 Jul 2013, 22:02
Cosmo_Kramer
As i can remmember (Note that i didint concentrate where am i picking picks cause i didint know that i will be later cross questiond like a did a homecide) so i dont recall exactly 100% where did i get every pick in every race,but i think i used a last rocket where going down on ramp before straigth part and i used that rocket only 1metar before picking up a new pick up,although i didint saw you at that momment when i was shooting at u.I think that would explain how did i had nxt weapon so fast.You are heavily mistaken about 2 seconds time split cause that is totally inpossible,it was at least 4 seconds split.
In my opinion,evan if i had some cheat engine ,i think it would really be impossible evan with that to get another weapon in just 2 seconds as u are claiming!!

Posted: 21 Jul 2013, 22:37
VaiDuX461
Cosmo_Kramer @ Jul 21 2013, 07:32 PM wrote:In my opinion,evan if i had some cheat engine ,i think it would really be impossible evan with that to get another weapon in just 2 seconds as u are claiming!!
Piece of cake, know how sadist works? You can select weapon and use it instantly after pressing a key.
I'm not telling that you're cheating, I can't really know. Just saying that it's easy to do it, especially with cheat engine.

Posted: 21 Jul 2013, 22:40
Stingox
There seems to be a bug in 709 were it looks like the opponent player pick up a pickup but where he actually doesnt. Ive seen this several times and this might just be that. its the same as when a opponent blows up even when you dont see any bomb there.

In this case it might be that cosmo picked up a pickup earlier, the bug appeared in your screen, then shot the weapon he had while he quickly picked up another pickup.

Posted: 22 Jul 2013, 09:14
mmudshark
Stingox @ Jul 21 2013, 06:10 PM wrote:There seems to be a bug in 709 were it looks like the opponent player pick up a pickup but where he actually doesnt. Ive seen this several times and this might just be that. its the same as when a opponent blows up even when you dont see any bomb there.
First I would like to say that I don't believe that anyone is cheating in our races.
I have seen many weird things with pickups lately and have started to pay more attention to them since a lot of them have been happening to me in many races, and with many different racers. eg. I will have a shocker and go to zap someone and it is no longer there (not like lag when it has no effect). The box that shows what weapons you have is empty. This has happened when I have had other weapons as well. Biometal and I were racing last night and I had a clone. When I dropped it, the Star weapon went off. This happened twice in the few races that we did.
I won't go into detail about getting 4 bombs in a row but maybe that's just coincidence.
(Same when a pickup turns into a bomb.) :D

Posted: 22 Jul 2013, 14:44
Stingox
Yes that start bug (if it is one) seem to happen to me just when I launch a battery or drop a fake pickup sometimes. The star, if caused by me also stops myself. I really dont know, but it feels like I have the worst luck because it happens so often to me