Page 1 of 1
Posted: 21 May 2013, 16:16
evilben74
Hello,

I'm a french fan of Re-Volt and I'm building a new car for the game.
I'm not a computer scientist but I know severals things.

During the last week, I was working on a Audi R8 car and I added a rear wing (to have a cool style B) )

I use Zmodeler 1.07b (because he has the .prm suport files).

So, I've got a problem. The texture is ok in Zmodeler but when I import the car in the game, she is all paint in black. I tried to use the "RVShade" but this "old" software make my PC shutdown and scan the whole disk when restart .....

I tried to use the same software by the graphic interface of the "rvminis" program but it failed everytimes...

It's Pigasque from RVTT that told me to come here to explain my problem.

Thank you.
evilben74

Posted: 22 May 2013, 01:30
Cat
If you're using 64-bit Windows, create a folder in C:\Windows\SysWOW64, then give it a name. Place RVShade and the file(s) to modify in the new folder. Open Notepad and write this:

Code: Select all

rvshade.exe <filename>.prm n 255 255 255

pause
<filename> is the name of the PRM you want to modify. Eg: body.prm, wheelfl.prm.

Save as "runshade.bat" in the folder you created, close Notepad then run "runshade".
BAT files are batch executables. You can edit them by right clicking and going to "Edit".

Posted: 22 May 2013, 02:07
evilben74
It failed again, I have to shutdown my computer because the program did stranges things ... (there is only this program "rvshade.exe" in the processus running.

And I wrote it correctly, I wrote the "pause" function ...

Posted: 22 May 2013, 03:26
Cat
Did you place all the files (rvshade, runshade, prms) in C:&#092;Windows&#092;SysWOW64?

What OS do you have? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Posted: 22 May 2013, 14:37
evilben74
I placed all the files : rvshade.exe, body.prm, the cygwin1.dll and the runshade.bat in the same folder.

I've got Windows 7 64bits