Page 1 of 1
Posted: 19 May 2013, 13:05
MarvTheM
As Platform a.k.a. Backdraft 3.5 won't listen to me, I'm going to ask you for advice. You may have noticed that the wiki is being changed quite often. That is due to the fact that Platform keeps editing the wiki with false and grammatically poor content (my English isn't perfect either but i think you can agree 'That Its Better Than His').

An example:
'And These Is Sign In Button It Will Log As User'
or...
'*v1.00cgw (It Dont Exist)'

It is a lot of work removing his edits. I'd be okay with him if he tried to improve his English but I see no progress.
Allan and I care about the wiki at the moment removing or trying to improve his and many other articles/edits.
What do you think? Do you even want a proper Wiki or shall we forget about it? I have better things to do...

Posted: 19 May 2013, 13:47
Skarma
To be frank, this kid NEVER listens or pays any sort of attention to anything we have to say. The way I see it is that his "opinion" or whatever is final.

Posted: 19 May 2013, 17:23
Phantom
After platform's edits, is the original content lost or kept somewhere?

I don't want to imagine if this kid has ruined an entire library like the wikia is. And yes, I do want a proper wikia.

Posted: 19 May 2013, 18:36
OdieHerpaderp
Well, this certainly does explain some of the info on there that just looked off.
Also, if i'm not mistaken, the Wikia allows you to revert changes if you're permitted to do so.

Posted: 20 May 2013, 00:30
jigebren
Can't he simply be blacklisted in any way?

Posted: 20 May 2013, 00:58
VaiDuX461
Phantom @ May 19 2013, 02:53 PM wrote:After platform's edits, is the original content lost or kept somewhere?
Every page edit is saved. Go to any page, click on arrow near edit button and select history.
jigebren @ May 19 2013, 10:00 PM wrote:Can't he simply be blacklisted in any way?
I'm pretty sure only Gaming4JC can ban him from editing pages. Sadly, he isn't actice on his wiki for a long time now.

I was also helping wiki from that Engrish person some months ago, actually I still would do that, but... you probably know, editing pages with tablet isn't very good idea.
I'm not shining on English either, but people understands mine article edits better than his.

Posted: 20 May 2013, 11:56
Phantom
VaiDuX461 @ May 19 2013, 04:28 PM wrote: I'm pretty sure only Gaming4JC can ban him from editing pages. Sadly, he isn't actice on his wiki for a long time now.
I think he's still active on the IRC-Hispano called #revolt.

If anyone is brave enough to go to those deep depths, please tell him to blacklist this person.

Posted: 21 May 2013, 02:39
MarvTheM
Tried to catch him there. No success.
For now I'll be undoing Backdraft's or rather Platform's changes.

Posted: 23 May 2013, 03:23
jigebren
I remember he once contacted me, so I had his address. I just sent him an email about this.

Posted: 23 May 2013, 23:42
MarvTheM
Thank you so much

Posted: 11 Jul 2013, 19:22
Phantom
Did he ever replied to your e-mail jig?

@Gaming4JC: If you ever see this, for the love of jesus christ can you please ban this Backdraft 3.5 guy who spends every single day and night ruining the wikia please?

Oh by the way, we can now confirm that he is Platform. Look at the picture he posted in the wiki:

http://images.wikia.com/revolt/images/d ... st_Car.png

Thank You.

Posted: 12 Jul 2013, 03:23
jigebren
Sorry I overlooked this post. Oh, yes he answered me. In fact he gave me the admin power on the Wiki :yeah: so that we can act when needed even when he's not around.

About Platform, that what he said to me then:
Gaming4JC wrote:I banned him for two weeks since his edits have somewhat attempted to add information if he could only speak english. We'll see if he learns.
From what I saw quite recently that seems to properly sum up the situation: He does add content (possibly valuable...), but just by the Engrish And Stupid Case we can know any of his edit.

Now, if he definitely has to be banned it can be done. Just, it's not at all that I don't trust you Phantom, but since I'm not much on the Wiki myself I'd like to have the confirmation from several other members that this is actually necessary before I take any measure.

Platform wrote:Look at the picture he posted in the wiki
You know that I looked at the picture, and was like "hmm there's nothing wrong with the cars, the timers are ok, nothing in the rearview mirror..." before I saw the obvious... :D

Posted: 12 Jul 2013, 08:40
Phantom
Hehe yes, he forgot to change his name if we wanted to hide his indentity. :P

I prefer we check whatever he wrote, if he tried to add valuable information to the wiki of course he's welcome, no hard feelings. But i still i doubt that most of it can be considered valuable. Sorry if i sounded a bit rude, but it calls my attention that he edits the wiki every 2 hours. :blink:

At least we now have a way to control him better. Congratulations Jig and thanks G4JC.

Posted: 12 Jul 2013, 18:14
jigebren
Phantom @ Jul 12 2013, 04:10 AM wrote:But i still i doubt that most of it can be considered valuable. Sorry if i sounded a bit rude, but it calls my attention that he edits the wiki every 2 hours. :blink:
If it is not valuable, there's no reason to let him ruin the Wiki just because he has nothing better to do with his life... :huh:

The fact is I'm leaving tomorrow for the whole next week, I'm afraid that's quite bad timing.
Can it wait for an extra week? Or does it sound quite necessary to already ban him for one week just to be one the safe side...

Posted: 14 Jul 2013, 14:43
MarvTheM
Please ban him permanently. He won't stop and he's had enough time.

Posted: 14 Jul 2013, 18:25
Skarma
I don't really have any interest in the wiki but that doesn't mean he should be allowed to continue ruining it. Especially when a few members have tried to contact him about it and received no reply...