Page 1 of 1
Posted: 11 May 2013, 15:49
VaiDuX461
Title says it all. I won't be active here, in RVHouse, in RVZT and everywhere else. I just posting this to let you know.
I tried to fix, but no hope, it just doesn't boot up. I had this problem before, but It could turn on after waiting few minutes, now not. Strangely, I reset CMOS settings and it seemed to work, but after assembling the case, tried to turn it on again and same thing happened. So I tried to reset CMOS settings *again*, but now it doesn't work either!
I tried sth for a few hours, nothing, so I give up.

Posted: 11 May 2013, 20:17
Phantom

omfg man that is such a bad news. We knew that day would come but i didn't expect it to be so soon.

Is your hard drive ok? Luckily you have most of your work uploaded but still i hope it's not damaged.

Anyways, i'll miss you. I hope you can be back the soonest possible.

Posted: 11 May 2013, 20:29
Nieger33@
Really removed rvhouse soon?

Thats terrible!

and another think, i miss u vaidux

P.S : and how it will approve tracks?

Posted: 11 May 2013, 21:19
VaiDuX461
HDD and every other parts are ok, but I think it was CPU. Hoping to come back sooner. Well, I won't be so active now sadly.

@Nieg: I can't approve tracks now, sorry. Sjampo will do that.

Posted: 11 May 2013, 21:27
Nieger33@
VaiDuX461 @ May 11 2013, 04:49 PM wrote: @Nieg: I can't approve tracks now, sorry. Sjampo will do that.
To be a long week. Sjampo is busy approve tracks

Posted: 12 May 2013, 22:08
miromiro
RIP.

Posted: 13 May 2013, 22:32
Skarma
Bad news man, hope you sort something out soon. Always a nasty thing to have your workhorse suddenly conk out.

Posted: 14 May 2013, 01:05
jigebren
VaiDuX461 @ May 11 2013, 11:19 AM wrote:I reseted CMOS settings and seem to worked
Another method you can try: Remove the PC power supply cable then remove the button cell (the small round battery on the mother board), wait for a few time (1 min) then put the button cell and the cable back in place and reboot. This ensure the CMOS settings are totally cleared.
You may also try to remove your memory bars (RAM modules) and insert them again (just to be sure they properly inserted). You can try to put the module in another slot too. (you can also try to boot without any RAM module, if your computer MB is ok it should beep to tell there's an error).
And last if you have PCI cards (eg. modem or network card), try to remove them all before trying to boot again.

Of course turn off your computer before removing / inserting memory or PCI cards (unplug it totally to be safe).

Maybe the power supply is dying though... Do you hear some fans when you boot?

Posted: 15 May 2013, 14:28
VaiDuX461
jigebren @ May 13 2013, 10:35 PM wrote:Do you hear some fans when you boot?
Yup, all fans worked perfectly.
I tried everything you said before, nothing worked (I tried to fix it more than 4 hours, you know). Could been motherboard or cpu.
As I moved to other flat on same day, I had to dump things, so main parts are now gone, even still fully working CRT monitor, oh well, but I actually didn't need them so whatever.

As this topic wouldn't be so boring (and as I have loads of free time now), I uploaded some *real life* pics of that PC (Disassembled) taken on 11 May. It was also the last day before moving to other flat.

[Edit]: Removed pictures for my own privacy.

Posted: 03 Jun 2013, 11:05
Phantom
Nice pictures. :)

Now I feel nostalgic for some reason.

Posted: 27 Aug 2013, 22:58
VaiDuX461
Woah, whole summer without a PC, that was crazy.
Yes you've guessed, I have a better one now :P.

Will be active at RVHouse again, pretty much.