Page 1 of 1
Posted: 09 Apr 2013, 16:10
aktion
Hi there,

I have a global question for people here.

Why they are here? I mean why supporting Re-volt which is dead more than 10 years ago (okay, besides iOS release of 1999 game).
There are plenty of other racing games (even RC ones!).
Why Revolt is so special? Why you don't playing other games?

I can tell why im here - i totally love the Revolt car dynamics and controls, love the semi-realistic setting. But if there is modern graphics RC car - i probably switch.

(sorry if there is questions already rised, im very curious).

Posted: 09 Apr 2013, 16:28
Balint12
aktion @ Apr 9 2013, 11:40 AM wrote: Re-volt which is dead more than 10 years ago
Is it dead? I don't think so.

My main reason to be here is the community. I know (almost) everyone, who plays the game online, and I like to just chat with a lot of people in the community too. Of course I love the game itself too. Nothing is more exciting or funny, than a good game of battle tag :)

Posted: 09 Apr 2013, 17:08
aktion
Balint12 @ Apr 9 2013, 11:58 AM wrote:
aktion @ Apr 9 2013, 11:40 AM wrote: Re-volt which is dead more than 10 years ago

My main reason to be here is the community. I know (almost) everyone, who plays the game online, and I like to just chat with a lot of people in the community too. Of course I love the game itself too. Nothing is more exciting or funny, than a good game of battle tag :)
I surely meant official support or Revolt 2 game.

Posted: 09 Apr 2013, 18:04
Manmountain
Balint12 @ Apr 9 2013, 11:58 AM wrote:
My first thought exactly. B)

To me, the simplistic format of game play make it very adictive. Why I'm still here is the ease at which an individual can edit and input their own ideas and fantasy's then with site's like this one share thier visual and interactive masterpiece with the world (YES the whole world!).
My point would be to ask, is there any othere RC racing sims with the same or similar ease of use and manipulation ?
Also when something works so well, why would you want to go elsewhere ?

Posted: 09 Apr 2013, 19:39
VaiDuX461
It's fun, addicting and difficult (for newbies :lol:) game, even more in Multi-Player! Has realistic RC car physics, lots of unlockable things, cars. It will take you a long time to beat whole game (fill progress table). Very low computer system requirements, highly customizable.
You can also hardly find any other good "Mario Kart" (pickups) style game on PC.
And v1.2 patch helps to keep game alive longer with new features and bug fixes.

Posted: 09 Apr 2013, 20:26
gel_lr34
For me, and why i'm here is the fact that I can create almost ANYTHING for the game. (of course with the help of 1.2 we can now edit more).

I love games where I can make things for it. Those are the ones I play the longest. (Minecraft, the original Unreal Tournament, Forza Motorsport (painting), and Revolt). As long as RV will run on a pc and my disc stays good, I will play it. So long as I can continue to make stuff. (dead community or not) I always enjoy making things. As sparsley as it may be for RV.

Personally, my 5 favorite games in order:

1. Forza Motorsport series.
2. Re-Volt
3. Unreal Tournament
4. Viper Racing
5. Minecraft

Posted: 09 Apr 2013, 21:38
Citywalker
1) It has realistic physics.
2) It has tons of community content.
3) It is very editable.
4) It has no sanity checks, i.e. any value in parameters.txt can be made insane and the game doesn’t complain, it just attempts to load the car. I’ve seen Candy Pebble’s wheels literally fly off its axles after a bad tweak :)

3) and 4) make it a tinkerer’s dream, along with 1).

Posted: 09 Apr 2013, 21:39
RacerBG
Im here because I like Re-Volt and because of the development around it. For me this is not a dead game. For me it is a really good oportunity to prove what can do one small but good community of a old game. B)

Posted: 09 Apr 2013, 21:44
Skarma
gel_lr34 @ Apr 9 2013, 02:56 PM wrote: Forza Motorsport series.
You. Me. Hummers. ASAP.

Posted: 09 Apr 2013, 22:23
Dolo
I'm here because i hate the new gameplay of revolt 1.2...

Posted: 09 Apr 2013, 22:36
gel_lr34
Skarma, I don't have my 360 right now, but i'll have one when I move. I'll just have to buy Forza 4 again. (I'm moving to the Netherlands)

But please do add me to friends man! Name is the same as always... Gel38. I'll add ya from the website

Posted: 10 Apr 2013, 01:24
Cat
Back in 2007 i had a crappy Pentium 3, wanted to play a game where i could drive a custom car, and Re-Volt was the only game that allowed me to do so. Here is my first repaint. Then in april 2008 joined the community, which helped me to gain experience in car editing.

(Also left a reply on Phantom' topic)

Posted: 10 Apr 2013, 02:26
Phantom
Simply because it's the game of my life.
I spent too many years of happiness with it and i wouldn't change it for any other, no matter how awesome graphics or stages it has. I loved Re-Volt since the first day I played it in my old Pentium III Pc back in 2000. And I still enjoy spending my time with this awesome community around it. :)

Posted: 10 Apr 2013, 05:33
RafSTer
Because I never got bored to the point of quitting re-volt. Eventho Re-volt is old, I never got bored racing in this game... +You can edit the game to make cars, tracks, repaints. The fact that we use updated version 1.2 helps for keeping the community with the features and bug fix. If we would still play with 1207 patch, much fewer ppl would still play due to incompatibility, bugs and crash.

Posted: 10 Apr 2013, 08:29
mmudshark
I play Re-volt because it is still fun and there is a great group of people from all over the world involved in the community. I've raced against some of the people here for over 10 years now and every day the races are slightly different with nothing predictable about them.
I'm still amazed by the things the car and track makers come up with.

Posted: 10 Apr 2013, 15:25
kajeuter
Dolo @ Apr 9 2013, 05:53 PM wrote: I'm here because i hate the new gameplay of revolt 1.2...
This made me laugh.

Im here because I love revolt. But I dont want the community and game taking my life over. So I take it easy last months.

Posted: 10 Apr 2013, 18:16
Manmountain
I'm still here as I have so many unfinished projects and ideas.
I have finally (after nearly four years) retrieved all my old files off my PC that died the Blue Screen Of Death.
My Re-Volt folder now consists of :
Size 4.02 GB
Contains 41,209 Files, 2998 Folders

I know that most are duplicate files several times over. I use to backup all my current working projects after every major change, as there is nothing worse than losing a whole days hard work if you didn't do a simple last step backup.

So! I will still be here for about another ten years sorting all this lot out. :P

Posted: 12 Apr 2013, 15:08
aktion
Thanks guys.
So if we will have similar game, you will migrate there? I remember guys tried to talk about Revolt2 with We Go Ent. Or develop modern version.

Posted: 12 Apr 2013, 19:29
Balint12
aktion @ Apr 12 2013, 10:38 AM wrote: So if we will have similar game, you will migrate there?
That was the point of almost all posts... NO!

Posted: 12 Apr 2013, 22:00
Citywalker
That was the point of almost all posts... NO!
Seconded.

Posted: 13 Apr 2013, 11:28
Phantom
aktion @ Apr 12 2013, 06:38 AM wrote: ...migrate ?
Never

Posted: 13 Apr 2013, 19:41
aryo_adhi
Why Revolt is so special? Why you don't playing other games?
Because it's popular on MP, and I love it much...
Play other games? Since I've updated my notebook, I seen few games had significant performance.

1. Re-Volt
2. Trackmania 2 : Stadium (open beta)
3. Pinball FX2

And other games, seconded.