Page 1 of 1
Posted: 07 Apr 2013, 06:43
Phantom
I have a friend that recently bought a joystick to use on Re-Volt. Unfortunately he couldn't succeed on making the joystick work yet. The game crashes after the frontend, when loading a track.

When changing to Keyboard in Options, controller settings, the game does not crash.
When switching to Joystick is the problem.

OS is Windows 7 32.bit. The joystick driver is installed correctly.

The only error he gets is that Re-Volt stopped working:

And this is the joystick:

I'd appreciate any tips or help.

Posted: 07 Apr 2013, 08:00
Cat
Disable force feedback (-noforce), but works in 1.1 only.

Posted: 07 Apr 2013, 10:26
Phantom
Ok gracias Juan.

Any idea how to disable force feedback on 1.2 alpha? We use that version in the House.

Posted: 07 Apr 2013, 14:16
urnemanden
I don't know if this will help but you can also try to switch to Analog instead of digital output. I had problems with my controllers because of that. Worth a try I would say. :)

Posted: 08 Apr 2013, 10:00
Phantom
-noforce has no effect on v1.2 and he couldn't find where to switch from digital to analog.
However, he could fix the problem with a program called Xpadder which simulates the keyboard using the gamepad.

http://www.xpadder.com/

He now runs the game with controller set to Keyboard in Re-Volt options.
It's a bit awkward though that Re-Volt can't handle the joystick on its own.

Thanks a lot both of you.

Posted: 08 Apr 2013, 19:23
gel_lr34
Hmm, I use an Xbox 360 Controller and it works just fine. It may be the competition of Sony and MS. MS may have made it difficult to use Sony PS controllers so you will buy a MS product? It would make sense to me, as, the world is so greed focused. :(

Posted: 10 Apr 2013, 01:01
Cat
gel_lr34 @ Apr 8 2013, 10:53 AM wrote: Hmm, I use an Xbox 360 Controller and it works just fine. It may be the competition of Sony and MS. MS may have made it difficult to use Sony PS controllers so you will buy a MS product? It would make sense to me, as, the world is so greed focused. :(
I don't think so. Maybe the way the game transmits feedback data to the controller isn't suitable for Windows 7. Does anybody knows if this happens on Vista and XP?

Posted: 10 Apr 2013, 02:04
Phantom
I have another friend using the same one on XP and he never got problems.

Posted: 14 Apr 2013, 14:06
jigebren
Just for the record, does it crash the same way in both v1.1 and v1.2? And have you tried with v1.1 and the -noforce switch?

Posted: 14 Apr 2013, 16:32
Phantom
I will ask him to try on 1.1 when I see him. Thanks.

Posted: 31 Aug 2013, 02:17
veugar
:idea-bulb: dude,use Vcontroller program plz,i recently have this problem but when us VController no problem like this :D :pickup: