Page 1 of 1
Posted: 03 Apr 2013, 21:50
gel_lr34
Hmm, one day RV is working fine, the next it crashes on loading a level. It doesn't matter what level I load (rather custom or stock) Once the bar reaches the end... Revolt stops working.. No real explanation or anything. I'm baffled. Any ideas?

Posted: 03 Apr 2013, 22:41
MarvTheM
What's your setup and what's your current Re-Volt version?
Have you tried reinstalling Re-Volt?
Have you set any compatibility options?
Does it work if you remove your custom content?
Are you running any other programs?

Posted: 03 Apr 2013, 23:03
gel_lr34
Tried removing cars and tracks. And atm a fresh install is impossible as, I can't seem to find my disc. And i'm running 1.2.0107. compatability is set to WIN 98. And the only program running is the folder whi.... wait I had windows media open... but i'll test it again. I think it crashed on me yesterday too, but I didn't have WIN media at that time

Posted: 03 Apr 2013, 23:41
MarvTheM
I ripped the disk some time ago:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6uwx68zjbn43a ... _Retail.7z

So try this now:
uninstall re-volt
reinstall it with my installer
get the most recent 1.2 build (1225 or 0308)
turn off compatibility mode

Posted: 03 Apr 2013, 23:48
VaiDuX461
I don't really know why it crashes, but as you running v1.2, you don't need to set any compatibility anymore when using this patch, it works on latest OS'es.
And also, you seem to use old v1.2 alpha patch, get latest here.

Actually, I highly recommend to reinstall game, even if you don't have a disc anymore. You can find easily full game posted on this forum or search in Google. If you think that's a piracy (I don't think it is), as long as you had bought that game before. (Unless that was copied CD.)

[Edit]: Lil bit late, heh.

Posted: 05 Apr 2013, 19:13
gel_lr34
Yeah, very puzzling. I had shut my pc down that day, and booted it up later... and all of a sudden RV was working again, even with Windows media player on. So i'm puzzled as to what happened.

It kinda agitated me at that moment, because I am trying to work on a new car pack. (different from my last few).. Gonna be released with a track... It's gonna be a while though before it's released. I have ideas for 4 more models to be made. But ..it's the mapping that takes forever. Still working on the 2nd model... so it will be 6 in all (unless I can come up with 2 more ideas). ANYWAY!

Indeed, thank you for helping. And I will indeed install the latest version of 1.2