Page 1 of 3
Posted: 17 Feb 2013, 21:50
sebr
Here are some graphic bugs found on stock tracks
Supermarket 1 last update 12 February 2017
Museum 2 last update 21 Jun 2015 and (special milkfix edition) last update 14 Oct 2014
Toytanic 1 last update 28 Feb 2015
Toytanic 2 last update 28 Feb 2015
Toyworld 1 last update 6 Nov 2015
Toys In The Hood 2 last update 12 Jun 2015
Supermarket 2 last update 12 February 2017
Toys In The Hood 1 in progress...

Models Files Update (in progress, updated randomly : Copter, Plane, Beach Ball, Toyworld1 start balloon) last update 12 Sep 2015

My custom loading screen for stock track (and some gfx pure black fix) last update 12 February 2017

On Supermarket 1 since revolt v1.0 there are some graphic strainge bugs on normal race :

BUT if you start a mirored race (who use exactly the same files as opposed to reversed race) you get this :

we can see this bug on rv1.0, rv1.1 and rv1.2

I found that is a bad texturing result but it's crazy to found two differents results from the same file ...

Posted: 18 Feb 2013, 01:12
jigebren
At least for the market1.1.jpg and market1.2.jpg the UV mapping seems to be broken. If you check the polygon in Blender you can notice that the square polygon is not mapped to a square surface in the UV mapping window but to 2 superimposed triangles.
I have not checked further, but that likely has something to do with this issue.

Thanks for reporting. I don't know if it is worth fixing though...

The fact is that importing / modifying a polygon / re-exporting a world file with my Blender plugin would not only change the modified polygon but also the whole .W file structure (ie. the world cutting which can be done latter by my WorldCut tool). And I can't be sure it's actually 100% safe to modify the stock .W files.

Posted: 20 Feb 2013, 23:02
sebr
I agree with you about the square polygon mapped to 2 superimposed triangles
BUT why only on normal race ??? In mirored race revolt use the same world file but don't give the same render on the game

I think there are two bugs
1) bad world file (that can safely be modified with and hexa editor) but i don't have full world file structure
2) world file not readed in the same way from normal to mirored race (do you remember tex-annim bug on triangle face on toy worl 2)

Posted: 21 Feb 2013, 00:31
Kenny
I case you decide to change the stock track to fix this error, I would also like someone to remap the white polygons on Toy World 1 (at the end of the ramp where you jump down in the upper right corner) and on Toytanic 1 (where you drive down the ramp to the long runway also on the upper right side) to the correct textures (I would do it myself but I have no experience in that).

And as I said somewhere else already, at some point in development we have to decide if we really want to keep Re-Volt exactly as we remember it or if we want to fix and/or correct things (I know some changes were already done in that direction but they were either by accident or most of the people agreed to it).

Posted: 21 Feb 2013, 01:05
VaiDuX461
I would call white texture (untextured) wall at Toytanic 1 and 2 as a bug which really doesn't look nice for an eye (especially on ship2), so in my opinion, people wouldn't mind if it would be fixed. Not sure about market, but those bad textured floors doesn't go well with whole track, I would call these as bugs too. Devs were probably lazy to fix, because they didn't had much time left to do anything before releasing game. As I remember game was rushed for release.

Posted: 23 Feb 2013, 03:14
jigebren
In fact I think it would be nice to open a thread dedicated to all stock tracks bugs, with a clear and concise report of what would have to be fixed in case we decide one day to edit the .W files.

Of course before we ever take this decision, I'd like to ensure that my tools (mostly WorldCut) actually give a result as close as possible to the stock tools (or the result could be different, but it has to be on purpose only). But if we have a thread with most World glitches already listed in a clear way it would be more efficient the day one starts this task.

Maybe this could be done for Stock cars as well. For example the Mouse has a duplicated set of collision spheres in the HUL file. I'm quite sure I already noticed some other glitches...

Posted: 23 Feb 2013, 14:26
sebr
post renamed as "Stock track graphic bug" :P

MUSEUM 2

TOYTANIC 1

TOYTANIC 2

Posted: 23 Feb 2013, 20:40
sebr
TOYWORLD 1

SUPERMARKET 1

Posted: 13 Oct 2013, 16:42
sebr
**UPDATES**
Now i understand World file structure and i start to fix stock track bugs from this thread (may be others tracks have to be checked too)

Made ONLY with a Hexa editor, this mean that only graphic bug is changed and nothing is lost from original stock word file ;)
The *.w file is the update and the *-origin.w file is the original revolt one. In case you wish to remove the ubdate ...

1st update Toy World 1

more will come : Supermarket 1 in progress

Posted: 13 Oct 2013, 18:19
OdieHerpaderp

What's exactly wrong with the cardboard box in this picture?

On a sidenote, great work spotting and fixing this stuff thus far. :yeah:

Posted: 15 Oct 2013, 01:46
Balint12
I think I haven't noticed any of these so far.

Posted: 15 Oct 2013, 03:11
RacerBG
Does this updates will be included in to the next patch version?

Nice work and most importantly - good find because you need to watch a lot for so little bugs. ;)

Posted: 15 Oct 2013, 03:54
Kenny
RacerBG @ Oct 14 2013, 10:41 PM wrote: Does this updates will be included in to the next patch version?
Considering that they rarely update stock stuff I somehow doubt it. But it would be great if they would (assuming that the changes really are only newly assigned textures to spaces that were previously untextured) ;)

The only ones I knew was the one on Toytanic 2 (the one with the pickup in your picture) and the last one of the Toyworld 1 pics. I had no idea that there are so many missing textures, I guess if you just look close enough you'll find some flaws...

There's also a graphic bug on Toyworld 1 where when you drive over the yellow area where the star is you can see the car shadow disappear.
There are a couple of other places (in all maps, like at the practice star of Toyworld 2) where this happens too but this is the most apparent one because its located straight on the track (you have probably noticed it when you drive the track in reverse mode).
But I think someone already mentioned that this can only be fixed if the whole .w file is recreated which is too bad...

I also noticed that in Toyworld 1 in the tunnel at the area I just mentioned (which you only drive through in reverse mode), when you drive there backwards in reverse mode there are a couple of white areas on the ceiling, are these supposed to be lights or are they untextured too?

I somehow doubt its the first one considering that the whole area is rather dark...

Nevermind, these are lights :P

edit: Also I just checked the Museum 2 one, what do you think is wrong there? That the first one isn't transparent and the second is?
Or do you think that thats not the correct texture?

Posted: 15 Oct 2013, 06:25
Phantom
It's interesting how these things are discovered 14 years after the game's release. :P

Well done Seb!

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 00:16
sebr
@Kenny : the disappearing shadow was already mentioned and is a missmach betwin W and NCP (easy to fix but too much work, i'll don't look at it now)
I can fix all others mentioned bug without redoing all World file :P

Supermarket 1 need lots of work ... hope it wil be finished this week-end

About Museum 2 i think they are both not enouth transparent ...

@Phantom : I only check 5 tracks ... and i already know some bugs on supermarket 2 and toy in the hood 2. But all of this was known since a long time, i only wait 14 years before talking about it :rolleyes:

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 00:50
Kenny
I found two other texture errors on Toyworld 1:

(though I'm not sure if the one on the right side is supposed to have a white texture, I couldn't think of any reason why it should have one)

And on Toys in the Hood 1 (the first house on the left when you go left after the basketball):

(this is really the only one I could find and I don't think anyone would ever notice it without looking for it so its definitely not a needed fix)

But I don't want to get obsessed with that stuff now, I'm sure you already went through most, if not all of the levels yourself :P

edit: urgh I couldn't resist...2 more on Supermarket 2:

(before you ask, the truck is colored red on the other side so thats a missing texture right there (or we remove the red texture on the other side, white actually looks better to me))

Posted: 19 Oct 2013, 17:27
sebr
nice find kenny

if you find more ... you know what to do

EDIT : Toyworld 1 download updated see 1st post

Posted: 20 Oct 2013, 21:16
Kenny
Okay, I just went through Museum 2 and there a couple of things that I noticed.

But as for missing textures I only found one:

As for the other things, I don't know if they can be fixed (easily) or if they should even be bothered with but I just want to mention them here:

- there are empty spaces in the black spots on the left/right walls where you start the race. That wouldn't be a bad thing (normally you don't even see it) and is probably done on purpose for performance improvements but on some spots on the right wall you can see things on the other side of the level if you are in the right spots of the room

- if you look at the other side of the wall with the missing texture in the picture I posted above you'll see that the upper texture is dark while the texture below is very bright

- in the room at the bottom of the escalators if you look up, there's only one half of a dome. I also assume this was done on purpose for performance improvements but I think it would be nice to have a complete dome up there

- in the room after the spinning barrel lots of the control panel textures seem to be mirrored. This was probably done on purpose as well so one wouldn't notice that they are all the same 2 textures but since I don't know how it would look like if they were displayed all normally I can't tell if it would look better/worse

- there's a spark generator object in the first room where you start the race for no apparent reason (not talking about the laser here). I never even noticed it in a race until I made that closer inspection of the level

Posted: 20 Oct 2013, 22:21
sebr
some pictures can be helpful

about the shark generator : it's the start line red laser :)

About the dome, if it's only half textured i can do something but if i have to made all the missing faces ... <_<

Posted: 20 Oct 2013, 22:54
Kenny
sebr wrote:some pictures can be helpful
Yeah but I didn't want to spam this topic with pictures :P
Anyway, updated my post with pics.
sebr wrote:about the shark generator : it's the start line red laser
Thats not what I meant, its hard to see if you don't know where it is (and its hard to screencap too). You can see that its there in object mode though.
sebr wrote:About the dome, if it's only half textured
Thats better than I assumed it to be because I thought that half of the dome was cut off (like I said, some kind of optimization). But if its just untextured then we are at least able to fix it without recreating the .w file :)
edit: I guess that part of the dome was left untextured because you never see that part (unless you move around with a camera), even the other textured part of the dome is only visible in a race when you drive the track in reverse mode.
So yeah, its questionable whether time should be spent on fixing it or not.

Posted: 30 Oct 2013, 02:04
sebr
Supermarket 1 finished (i hope, if you find more tell me)

Let's have a look to Museum 2 ...

Posted: 03 Nov 2013, 00:11
Kenny
I'm going through the levels in order so it might take a bit until I have a look at market1

Anyway here are the next few tracks I went through, there wasn't much to find though (at least something thats easily fixable).

Botanical Garden:

First is a sprinkler floating in the air, second one is an immersion breaking flaw in the level

Toy World 1: see above, I took a second look but I think all the things were already mentioned here

Ghost Town 1:

Another immersion breaking flaw in the level

Toy World 2:

And two more here

A shadow problem (like the one in Toyworld 1 but you'll probably only notice it when you have to get the star in practice mode)

Not sure about these but they look a little out of place for me so I suggest replacing the marked areas with other textures (though I don't know if they'll look any better if the textures are different...):
left picture - replace the white are with the wood texture left to it
middle picture - replace the dark blue are with the light blue texture
right picture - replace the vertical wood texture with a horizontal one like the ones around it

Toys in the Hood 2:

First is an overlapping texture on top of the garage, second looks like an out of alignment texture (though the other side of the door looks the same)

Also could you add a changelog to your Toyworld 1 level (and all other levels you are going to modify)?
Then we know what has been fixed and what still needs fixing (which will hopefully be all documented here).

Posted: 03 Jan 2014, 20:10
sebr
Because DROPBOX stop simple image sharing

clic here for original message

Posted: 16 Feb 2014, 00:56
ElectricBee
Would seeing through the floor be considered a problem? Seems to occur on Toy World * and Toys In The Hood 2 with reflections on.

ThugsRook found this issue while he was looking around for some other non-error that was a part of how the game behaved with my video card. I stumbled upon.

Edit: SebR said there really was an error...

Posted: 14 Sep 2014, 19:19
sebr
ElectricBee @ Feb 15 2014, 08:26 PM wrote: Would seeing through the floor be considered a problem? Seems to occur on Toy World * and Toys In The Hood 2 with reflections on.

ThugsRook found this issue while he was looking around for some other non-error that was a part of how the game behaved with my video card. I stumbled upon.

Edit: SebR said there really was an error...
Yes it's a bug, but i realy can't do anything about this.

Posted: 16 Sep 2014, 03:30
Killer Wheels
Great work !

I just think that the side of the arcade looked better before, it's like it's not lighted up by the window anymore...

Posted: 16 Sep 2014, 21:13
Citywalker
I have to agree with Killer Wheels on this.

Posted: 16 Sep 2014, 23:36
sebr
Ok you'll have the choice soonly ...

Museum 2 in progress, i still have something to do with the windows at start line
(look at it in normal race and after in mirored race :P )

EDIT : TOY WORLD 1 updated, use the link on 1st post
i didn't put original arcade but add shades of light

Posted: 07 Oct 2014, 04:32
sebr
MUSEUM 2 changelog

Muse2 update

Posted: 07 Oct 2014, 06:31
Phantom
This is unbelievable!!! I can't believe my eyes when I see all those things! Great job Seb!

Posted: 08 Oct 2014, 00:02
sebr
Forgot to add the patch link ...

Posted: 08 Oct 2014, 00:42
ThugsRook
nice job!

ill assume by the repair log that you used the PC .W file? and not the Dreamcast/Milkfix one?

Posted: 08 Oct 2014, 00:59
sebr
yes i use the pc W

is there anything missing ?

Posted: 08 Oct 2014, 01:43
ThugsRook
i dont know yet, ill have to take a look.

it might be incompatible with Milkfix tho since Milkfix contains all the Dreamcast patches.

:unsure:

Posted: 08 Oct 2014, 03:50
Phantom
ThugsRook @ Oct 7 2014, 05:13 PM wrote: it might be incompatible with Milkfix tho since Milkfix contains all the Dreamcast patches.
What do you mean by Dreamcast patches? What are those?

Posted: 08 Oct 2014, 04:17
ThugsRook
^ the Dreamcast version has about 15 bugfixes that are not contained in the PC version. Milkfix has ported 13 of those fixes so far.

Museum2's W and Toytanic2's W are two of those fixes.

all of the repairs are documented in the Milkfix thread.

:)

Posted: 14 Oct 2014, 04:58
ThugsRook
this is the last of the dreamcast patches, finally ported to PC. (milkfix)

it fixes a collision bug in that wall. (false wall fix)
dont worry, its only painted pink so you can see it. its actually invisible.

Posted: 14 Oct 2014, 23:04
sebr
Special Milkfix edition updated

Posted: 15 Oct 2014, 00:01
ThugsRook
great job Sebr!
the Museum updates are in the pipeline.

for Toytanic 2...
it rains under the roof in this area, because there is no actual roof ;)

if you cant fix this thru W, ill try to fix it with instances. (false invisible roof)

Posted: 15 Oct 2014, 23:07
sebr
I can't do anything about this with ship2.W

The problem come from ship2.ncp ... the main track collision file

Posted: 16 Oct 2014, 08:30
ThugsRook
^ i will attempt to add collision in that area, shouldnt be a problem.

Posted: 18 Oct 2014, 20:07
Abc
Is there any chance to force roof? because due to perfomance issues and such stuff roof is not done (and thats why u can fly away by going up. As ship ncp is similiar to ship1 what about treating that as a "whole"?

Posted: 18 Oct 2014, 22:56
ThugsRook
^ i am not sure if anyone knows how to correctly edit the world file NCPs. its not currently part of any of the (sub) projects. not to mention is compatibility is unknown.

i will try and stop the rain in Ship2 tho :)

* what we really need is a modeler to complete the outer ship. (w/ncp)

Posted: 19 Oct 2014, 09:05
ThugsRook
hey SebR,

transparent side (red outline), should be black.

Posted: 19 Oct 2014, 17:41
sebr
strainge i check my muse2.w and special milkfix edition and they are both black (no transparency here)

Posted: 19 Oct 2014, 22:09
ThugsRook
sometimes i think -DEV mode is much more messed up than we realize :huh: i need to stop checking things in -dev mode! yup, its fine in the regular game :rolleyes:

false alarm, sorry about that :P

some of the additional Museum 2 repairs are being blogged in the Project: Nothing to see here thread...
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Revolt_Live/ ... c=3285&hl=

almost done :)

Posted: 29 Oct 2014, 10:22
ThugsRook
some Supermarket 1 bugs...

[HIDE=Show more]

[/HIDE]

Posted: 30 Oct 2014, 03:19
sebr
The right part of the exit door pcture was already fix in my actual market1.zip
(but i still have to modify the door itself)

About the bag of rice picture only the top red "X" need a fix, the lowers red "X" and "?" are dynamic shadow bag...

So i have a look on the tracks and found some others bugs ... lots of work to do

Posted: 30 Oct 2014, 21:18
sebr
i don't know if THIS red thing should be considerd as a bug ...

Posted: 30 Oct 2014, 22:49
Citywalker
Probably not, it makes sense to have a high-visibility stripe to easily notice a lowering door in commercial/industrial settings.