Information
Release date: 2012-12-31
Folder name: simplroad1
Track Type: Single Race
Length: 276 metres
Difficulty: Hard
Reversed Mode: Yes
Practice Star: No
Included Time Trial Times: Yes (Normal and Reversed, with Pro class car)
Custom Features: Yes
Bonus Features: No

Recommended to use latest Re-Volt v1.2 patch.

Description: Very, very basic track (that was on purpose). I was inspired by retro games like "Pong" to create this track. ...White squares in black background, so this track will be similar to retro games, but just a track, duh. You simply race on white road, which looks kinda pixelated, just play it for yourself and you will see :) .

Features:
  • Simple, but difficult road
  • Reversed mode
  • Time Trial times by track author (try to beat)
  • Custom sounds and graphics

Posted: 01 Jan 2013, 15:12
Kenny
I really like the theme of the track, especially the idea of making the hud and sounds more "retro" is very neat.

The track itself is simple but a bit too difficult to handle with pro cars (you will likely fall off the track some times).
Also the black and white stuff is a bit too simple for me, I would have preferred 8bit graphics :P
A last thing that bothers me is that you only drive in one "dimension", the whole terrain is flat and there are no jumps (but since that fits the pong theme it wasn't a bad decision).

All in all it's a nice simple track with a good idea behind it ;)

Posted: 01 Jan 2013, 18:13
VaiDuX461
I intended to create a difficult track for more experienced players. I can race it with a pro car almost without any problems. This is actually pretty good for training, when you need to brake at a right time. Lego tracks aren't as helpful, because they have walls. So, I came up with an idea to design it similarly to lego, but without walls and in 'black and white' theme (as I thought the idea was quite original for a track).

Anyway, thanks for your short review, I really appreciate it.

Posted: 01 Jan 2013, 19:34
Citywalker
This is a great idea of a track! Thanks! Tried it with hubby and we both love it :)

And it’s reeeally difficult with in-car camera, because there’s no sense of speed and distance at all.

Kudos!