Page 1 of 1
Posted: 30 Dec 2012, 22:18
Sjoerd_v7
Hee RevoltPub,

A couple of days ago i started to play Revolt again. Everything works well, except for the game mode 'time trail'. When i finish a lab, I obviosly have a best time. But when I quit and go back to the menu it says: 'Failed to create save file' (maybe not exactly that).

You guys now how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Sjoerd_v7

Posted: 30 Dec 2012, 23:45
Phantom
Do you mean 'Failed to create record file!'?

If that's the case, go to your Re-Volt installation folder and create a folder called Times.

Inside the Times folder create 4 new subfolders and name them:
• Mirror
• Normal
• Reverse
• ReverseMirror

Also make sure that you're running Re-Volt with admin priviliges.
To do this (only required in Windows Vista and 7), right click on the revolt icon, go to Properties, Compatibility Tab and select "run this program as admin".

You might also be interested in updating you game version:
http://rv12.zackattackgames.com/

Posted: 31 Dec 2012, 00:24
Sjoerd_v7
That's exactly what I meant! But i went to Program files>Acclaim>Revolt and there was no such folder as 'Times'. Can I just add such a folder? Or am I on the wrong foot here and do i need to search somewhere else?

Btw thanks for your quick response!

Posted: 31 Dec 2012, 01:26
Phantom
Sjoerd_v7 @ Dec 30 2012, 03:54 PM wrote: That's exactly what I meant! But i went to Program files>Acclaim>Revolt and there was no such folder as 'Times'. Can I just add such a folder? Or am I on the wrong foot here and do i need to search somewhere else?

Btw thanks for your quick response!
The error is happening because the game tries to save your time files in the directory Times \ Normal but the folders don't exist. Just create them to fix the problem.

Posted: 31 Dec 2012, 01:57
Sjoerd_v7
It worked! Thank you very much!