Page 1 of 1
Posted: 11 Dec 2012, 03:37
urnemanden
This is was a little experiment I have worked on the past 2 days. I wanted to see in which ways one could make Re-Volt videos more interesting. So I created an intro and used the whitespace around the 800x600 video footage to display some information. Sorry about the lack of in-game SFX, forgot to record. Also, sorry about the varying speed the actual footage is recorded at.

[youtube][/youtube]
Edited using Blender Video Sequence Editor. Music by blend ("People Talk About The Weather (Original Mix)").

What do you think could spice the Re-Volt gameplay videos up even more? Here's a few ideas:

- Commentator track by the players themselves or by a spectator.
- You could vary the camera angles. Hopefully this could be made possible with multi-player replays.
- More animation, slow-motion playback and player statistics before race.
- Balint12: Live standings, perhaps indicating who we're currently watching.

I especially think this could be a fun to do some videos of the R-league at RvR. What do you think? :)

EDIT: I see that I happen to have spelled my opponents name wrongly. Sorry roew

Posted: 11 Dec 2012, 14:16
Balint12
That's great Urne!

I haven't thought about adding extra info for a race video, but I think it's a fantastic idea. I would love to see videos like this of the RV League games, tho there are not 2 players, but 12, which may make it a little more difficult, and it needs the multiplayer replay, to be really exciting. It would look professional with all the player stats, and stuff like that (maybe a quick walkthrough of the track). I don't know if it's possible (and guess if it is, it's still difficult to follow every overtakes), but there could be live standings somewhere on the screen during the race.

Posted: 11 Dec 2012, 14:47
Skarma
I don't really know what to say but I think this is a great idea. I like the concept of player commentary too. I'm sorry I don't have much else to add.

Posted: 11 Dec 2012, 16:54
urnemanden
Thanks for the feedback guys!
Balint12 wrote: I would love to see videos like this of the RV League games, tho there are not 2 players, but 12, which may make it a little more difficult, and it needs the multiplayer replay, to be really exciting.
I agree. Proper multi-player replays would definitely make it much easier to get some good footage from the games. Currently it is possible to save replays from multi-palyer games in developers mode, but it doesn't work too well (not a finished feature yet).
Balint12 wrote:I don't know if it's possible (and guess if it is, it's still difficult to follow every overtakes), but there could be live standings somewhere on the screen during the race.
Great idea, I'll add it to the list. :)

Posted: 12 Dec 2012, 01:51
Dave-o-rama
I'm fully behind this sort of idea, as the lack of things to spruce up videos is a reason I've avoided making them. Good work, Urne!

And as far as multiple camera angles/viewed players goes, I have a fairly simple solution: Get another player (a spectator) to record the action through spectator mode.

Posted: 12 Dec 2012, 22:45
Balint12
Dave-o-rama @ Dec 11 2012, 09:21 PM wrote: And as far as multiple camera angles/viewed players goes, I have a fairly simple solution: Get another player (a spectator) to record the action through spectator mode.
Yes, that's good too, but that way the spectator might record the boring part of the race, and miss the exciting scenes (or change players too often, which makes you feel dizzy after a time). If you have a saved replay, you can change which racer you are viewing and you can plan what to show when, you can put the most exciting parts into the video.

Posted: 12 Dec 2012, 22:54
Phantom
The good thing about replays is that they're waaaaay smaller than a full race recorded. Then you can just select the useful parts to record and save lot of disk space this way.

Posted: 12 Dec 2012, 23:58
urnemanden
Thanks for the suggestion Dave-o. I also agree with Phantom and Balint12 though - it would make everything easier if the race could saved as a replay. The race could be analyzed for interesting moments and it could then be planned how those moments should be recorded and cutted so they seem the most interesting.

Posted: 15 Dec 2012, 15:38
Stingox
It will also look a whole lot laggier when recording others

Posted: 21 Dec 2012, 21:29
nero
Don't just focus on the video, focus on the commentator's voice as well. You don't want the commentator sounding like some 10-year old with an irritatingly nasal voice. I also don't want the commentator talking about physics instead of the race a la David Coulthard in this year's GP.

Posted: 01 Feb 2013, 14:40
durgaprasadzone
Thanks for sharing information. Actually I had also the same question in mind for a long time anyways you started this thread & I am so happy.