Page 1 of 1
Posted: 22 Oct 2012, 08:21
NewVolt
Hi guys..

I'm having some problems with Re-Volt...
I am using the newest Alpha Patch 0815 and the original Re-Volt CD with Windows 7

Here the problems:

1- Gold Cup bug:
When i start the gold cup championship it gets me to a Black Screen, it doesn't even go to the TRACK loading screen and i can just go out with the "CTRL+ALT+DEL" with Task Manager where shows me "Re-Volt: Not Responding"
It doesn't even go to the loading screen of Toys In The Hood 2

2- I use a CD Image, copy of the original game. The problem is that when the CD image is mounted the sound works and the Game Music can't be controled in game Audio Options, I can't put the volume up or down...
So if i dismount the CD image the sound (sound effects) stops working in game...

Thanks =]

Posted: 22 Oct 2012, 08:33
Phantom
@Huki: He had the gold cup crash for long. He told me about it so I recommended him to reinstall the game, thinking that fresh files would fix the problem.
But it persists, even after reinstalling from the good CD source. So I don't know what's causing it.

Posted: 22 Oct 2012, 08:45
aryo_adhi
Wait, windows 7? Nothing happens from my computer (windows xp 32-bit). If that happens (again):
1. reinstall re-volt
2. install 1207 patch (ask other for link)
3. install 1.2 update (make sure have the latest one)

It maybe works (i skipped step 2 and works)

Posted: 22 Oct 2012, 12:03
urnemanden
NewVolt wrote:2- I use a CD Image, copy of the original game. The problem is that when the CD image is mounted the sound works and the Game Music can't be controled in game Audio Options, I can't put the volume up or down...
Hmm, you should be able to toggle in-game music on and off inside the Audio settings. Note that toggling in-game music off, doesn't toggle frontend music off, though. That you can't put the volume up or down is true though, that's at least my experience too (AFAIK).

As to the other issue, can't help you there with current information. What graphics card do you use?

Posted: 22 Oct 2012, 13:46
gdfsgdfg
I have never had the gold cup problem, you using 64 bit or what? Explain a little more.

Posted: 22 Oct 2012, 16:12
NewVolt
Hi guys,
That's right i'm having this problem for a long time but now i changed the computer and now i am using the original CD...it's everything new...there's no reason for this problem...if someone knows how to fix it...please =D

A part of my configuration is:
Intel Core i7 2600k
GTX 570HD video card
8Gb of RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bits

Thanks =]

Posted: 23 Oct 2012, 21:16
NewVolt
Hi guys...since the first post i've been trying everything..
Nothing works...i've already intalled and uninstalled the game like a thousands times...
I've tryied to install the game in my notebook too, it didn't work...same problem as in desktop

In my uncle's computer it worked perfectly...the same thing i did there i did in my computer...but it doesn't work here

The difference of My uncle's computer and mine is the OS...he has Win 7 32 bits and mine is 64 bits
The sound can't be controlled and the gold cup doesnt open...

I appreciate any help ^^

Thanks

Posted: 23 Oct 2012, 21:50
Kenny
Afaik the music volume controlling issue is a common one (sound volume should be adjustable though).

Regarding the gold cup bug (which is definitely not common since it works for me on Win7 x64 and newer hardware than yours):
This happens only when you start the gold championship, right? Not when you start a single race in Toys In The Hood 2 or anything.

Anyway, the suggestions I currently have are starting Re-Volt (and the gold cup) in windowed mode (by using the launch parameter "-window") and/or starting Re-Volt as administrator.
I believe it's also possible to let Re-Volt create a .log file but I'm neither sure how to enable it nor if it contains important information that might help solving this issue :P

Posted: 23 Oct 2012, 21:52
gdfsgdfg
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

there's your problem, the 64bit os always has a ton of problems with most old games

Posted: 23 Oct 2012, 22:10
NewVolt
Kenny @ Oct 23 2012, 05:20 PM wrote: Afaik the music volume controlling issue is a common one (sound volume should be adjustable though).

Regarding the gold cup bug (which is definitely not common since it works for me on Win7 x64 and newer hardware than yours):
This happens only when you start the gold championship, right? Not when you start a single race in Toys In The Hood 2 or anything.

Anyway, the suggestions I currently have are starting Re-Volt (and the gold cup) in windowed mode (by using the launch parameter "-window") and/or starting Re-Volt as administrator.
I believe it's also possible to let Re-Volt create a .log file but I'm neither sure how to enable it nor if it contains important information that might help solving this issue :P
Yes, only the championship, the tracks I can play normally...
Well, I'll try the windowed mode then I post here the result...

Thanks for your attention man =]

Posted: 23 Oct 2012, 22:25
NewVolt
Kenny @ Oct 23 2012, 05:20 PM wrote: Afaik the music volume controlling issue is a common one (sound volume should be adjustable though).

Hello Kenny, the windowed mode worked...perfect!

Thanks about the tip man!! I really appreciate!! =]

Now...the sound is the least important....hahaha I can solve with volume botton as my friend Phantom suggested too hahaha
But if someone really know how to fix it i appreciate too =D

Cya

Posted: 23 Oct 2012, 23:21
VaiDuX461
Sadly, its unknown how to make music volume work on vista/7. Only on these OS volume doesn't work, older like XP will work. That means, it depends on operating system.

Posted: 24 Oct 2012, 03:16
aryo_adhi
VaiDuX461 @ Oct 23 2012, 06:51 PM wrote: Sadly, its unknown how to make music volume work on vista/7. Only on these OS volume doesn't work, older like XP will work. That means, it depends on operating system.
Have been tested with win 98 compability?

Posted: 24 Oct 2012, 09:17
stoney1918
i asked about the sound thing a while back and this is the explanation Huki gave:
CD Music volume works only on Windows XP and lower. Vista and above have no per-device volume control (don't ask me why), so there is no way to lower the CD Audio volume (unless we manually stream the music files from the CD instead of letting the device play it).

Posted: 24 Oct 2012, 18:30
Phantom
Topic solved then, I guess. :)

Posted: 25 Oct 2012, 03:34
Huki
The Gold cup problem is unique - and really strange that it works in windowed mode :blink: I'll send you a test build soon so we can figure out where exactly it crashes hopefully.

And yes, there is just no volume control for the CD device in Vista and above (FYI re-volt doesn't play music directly, it asks Windows to play from a device). So for now there is no way to reduce the music volume.
Just to be clear, there are no issues with the sound effects volume, is there?

Posted: 25 Oct 2012, 07:26
NewVolt
Huki @ Oct 24 2012, 11:04 PM wrote: The Gold cup problem is unique - and really strange that it works in windowed mode :blink: I'll send you a test build soon so we can figure out where exactly it crashes hopefully.

And yes, there is just no volume control for the CD device in Vista and above (FYI re-volt doesn't play music directly, it asks Windows to play from a device). So for now there is no way to reduce the music volume.
Just to be clear, there are no issues with the sound effects volume, is there?
Hi Huki, I've done some tests...and it appears to be a problem in one of my custom cars' folders...
Look...I started installing the game and copying folder by folder...when i got to the cars folder the gold cup stopped working in the windowed mode too..
So I just copied the original car's folder opened the gold cup in windowed mode and then i could play...after the first time in windowed mode...the gold cup can be played in normal mode (full screen)
I'll try to find out what folder is the problem...

And no, there's no issue with the sounds effects volume...that's normal =D

Thanks for the attention! =]