Page 1 of 1
Posted: 03 Mar 2006, 14:06
Duo
Hell hello everybody :lol: ,

A short time ago I got myself a new program, Zmodeler, and started to build custom models for Re-volt.
My latest project is a Viper of the serie battlestar galactica, and the problem is that the main object I began with, doesn't have enough poly's to include the wings in the same model.
So I build the wings seperately and now I need to re-unite these pieces, so when I export it to prm, it will be 1 prm, and not 2 or more!

Can somebody please help me with this problem, so I can move on and finnish my project :)
Greetings and thanks :D

Duo maxwell

Posted: 04 Mar 2006, 01:21
Alex
Been a long long time since I use zmodeler but I'll give this a go just incase.

Firstly you need to select everything I think... :huh: select... all..

Then I believe you go create... objects... uniteselected... or something very much along those lines

Then click the models and name the new, single object.

Just ensure thats called yournamehere.prm0 and everything should turn out mighty fine!

I think... :blink:

Posted: 04 Mar 2006, 01:51
Duo
Thanks man!!!!

You're the best, I tried soemthing like that before, I gues I didn't had all selected, and thanks, now I can go on and build the comunitie hands full of stuff :P

Greetings Duo
Thanks man!;)

Posted: 13 Mar 2006, 19:12
Duo
hya guys,

I've got this little problem, thanks to your help I finnished my rpoject, and did everything like it should be. :D

Now this new problem arized man, it's really uncool, I have this model that I build... it's shaded and everything.... although very many poly's, the model is a prm of 83kb. ;)

When I started Re-Volt and selected the model it turned out to be on some parts invisible, so I just got on and go race with it. At this point it still was invissible on the sites, so I pressed HOME, the model repositioned and was visible. :blink:
So with the camera I moved to look at it from all sides, and I could see trough it.

So it reads the bmp file, the paintjob is there, but I can see trough it...
What could it be???? I have no idea, but another model, the Nissan 350 has turned out fine... I have done the same on both models, please can anybody help me, because this project has taken many hours of work! :(

Thanks and greetings Duo! :)

Posted: 15 Mar 2006, 02:14
piN
Hi Duo,

Two things that come mind form your discription.

I have copied this from the M&M tut in RVA see if this solves the problem

FIGHTING THE INVISIBLE PARTS

Re-Volt renders those parts invisible on car which are PUREBLACK (RGB 000). There are parts of the car where you want it to be like that sometimes. If you have the cockpit converted with the car, you surely want the windows to be clear. But there are parts of the car, where this isnt wanted (image7).

1. Start Paint Shop Pro and load the car.bmp
2. start Re-Volt -> race against one AI car on nhood1 -> when the lap is finished, try to keep the car on the middle of the road. The camera turns around the car now, so you have quite a good view on it.
3. Press Ctrl+Esc to return to Windows and Paint Shop Pro
4. select the color exchange tool
5. select RGB 111 as the foreground and RGB 000 as the background color
6. double click on the image and save it
7. go back into RV, all should be BLACK now (if you dont have a cockpit included, you can continue now with the parameters.txt)
8. if you have a cockpit, you will have to put parts of the bmp manually back to RGB 000 to get the windows clear again. This can be a pain, because NFS cars are not mapped very userfriendly most of times. But sometimes you're lucky and there's a black square somewhere on the map which represents the windows only.
9. if you have it right or dont know how to do any better it should look like in image8, you can now close Re-Volt and continue with

The link is http://www.sportplanet.com/rva/tuts/nfs ... nvert.html

Also make sure you have deleted all the bmq files in the folder if there is any.

HTH

Josh piN

Posted: 15 Mar 2006, 02:54
Duo
To be honost... it's a white model, it really has nothing to do with black, I know that stuff, ;)

But thanks for the reply....

No really, if it was the black problem, it would not be visible when I HOME...

It's just visible, but you can look trough it...
weard...

Posted: 15 Mar 2006, 05:18
piN
Have you tried rvshade on the prm?

can you send me the car so I can have a look, im asuming that you can use other cars without this problem.

pinto@dsl.pipex.com

Josh - piN

Posted: 18 Mar 2006, 16:21
Duo
The problem still exists....
Does anybody else have any sugestions??:(

greetings Duo