Page 1 of 1
Posted: 24 Sep 2012, 02:44
dreamkaster97
Hey all. I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm trying to create a car and swapping the wheels from another vehicle. For example, I took the body of 'Fast Traxx' and added the wheels from 'Mouse'. However there were some problems with them. First, they are orange and have these square edges. Secondly, when attempting to race with it, the game crashes back to the desktop. Can someone help? Thank you! :D

Posted: 24 Sep 2012, 04:21
jigebren
About the wheel, it's just the way the Mouse's wheel is UV mapped. The tire part is UV mapped to a small area which is approximately just above the top-right corner of the wheel in the texture image. It means the whole tire will use the color located in this area of your texture.

About the square edges, you have to know that all 100% black pixels will be rendered as transparent in Re-Volt. In the Mouse's original texture, a black background is used all around the rim + tire sidewall image (BTW you can notice that the tire is drawn in dark grey, not black).

To fix this, you have to edit the texture. And in case the tire is mapped to an area already used by something else (eg. the car body), you'll have to edit the UV mapping as well.

Posted: 24 Sep 2012, 05:30
dreamkaster97
What ways can I 'map' the tires so it will work properly with the textures? What programs will I need?

Also, just to make you aware, I already knew about the pure black values making parts transparent and whatnot. ;)

Posted: 26 Sep 2012, 06:14
jigebren
dreamkaster97 @ Sep 24 2012, 01:00 AM wrote:What ways can I 'map' the tires so it will work properly with the textures? What programs will I need?
Hmm, I would personally do it in Blender with the help of my Addon (which is not publicly available yet though). Otherwise, Zmodeler (version 1) should do the job. And probably 3ds Max as well, but I can't tell much about it. And I doubt you can afford it anyway... :P

Posted: 28 Sep 2012, 05:40
dreamkaster97
Okay, thanks! Wish me luck! ;)

Posted: 28 Sep 2012, 14:02
Platform
dreamkaster97 @ Sep 23 2012, 10:14 PM wrote: Hey all. I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm trying to create a car and swapping the wheels from another vehicle. For example, I took the body of 'Fast Traxx' and added the wheels from 'ZR6 (Not Mouse!)'. However there were some problems with them. First, they are orange and have these square edges. Secondly, when attempting to race with it, the game crashes back to the desktop. Can someone help? Thank you!  :D

U Reported Fast Traxx? :o

Posted: 28 Sep 2012, 14:03
Platform
dreamkaster97 @ Sep 28 2012, 01:10 AM wrote: Okay, thanks! Wish me luck! ;)
Or You Stole A Fast Traxx From Hi-Ban And ZR6 Wheel From Re-Live Complition Pack :angry:

Posted: 28 Sep 2012, 16:48
BossVolter
It is not a stole, Platform! He took just the Fast Traxx Body and the wheels are from Mouse not from ZR6!

And stop Spaming and Double-posting because I know who you are, Strike21!

And also stop posting stupid things on Re-Volt wikia....

Posted: 03 Oct 2012, 17:47
nero
Platform @ Sep 28 2012, 09:33 AM wrote: Or You Stole A Fast Traxx From Hi-Ban And ZR6 Wheel From Re-Live Complition Pack  :angry:
Somebody shoot this idiot already.

Posted: 08 Oct 2012, 20:17
dreamkaster97
What? I never stole anything! I'm giving credit to 'Hi-Ban' for his work on the body, and I did the wheels myself! <_<

By the way, no luck on the wheels. I think I'll ditch this project for now, I'm making others.