Page 1 of 1
Posted: 24 Jul 2012, 12:14
rai77
Hi, I'm new here and want to tell my two problems on re-volting...

1. I'm just download the new version of Re-volt and then appears no "levels" and "cars" folder.

2. Then I copy the folder from the old ones to the new version, so I can open it but an error box appears says "CAN’T CREATE SURFACE FOR INTRO IMAGE"

So, what's going on there??

Posted: 24 Jul 2012, 12:57
VaiDuX461
Stupid question...

Did you have installed full Re-Volt v1.1 before? :huh:

That explanation \/ below me is best.

Posted: 24 Jul 2012, 13:09
mmudshark
Hi rai77

Do you mean you just downloaded a full version of Revolt or downloaded one of the updates from http://rv12.zackattackgames.com/downloads.php?
rv1.2a12.0405 is the latest update.

If it was only the update that you downloaded, it is not a full version of the game. The file needs to be installed into your existing revolt folder ("C:\Program Files\Acclaim\ReVolt" if you've used the default location [Win7]) and it will overwrite files updating your ReVolt to a newer version.
If you don't have ReVolt installed in the default location, point the update to run into where ever you have the Revolt folder (the one with "cars", "levels", "gfx", etc).
Run revolt one time after installing the update. If it is installed properly you will see the "Select Profile" screen with v1.20 in the lower right corner. Go to the next screen and in the lower left corner will be the full version number. With the rv1.2a12.0405 update the number will be Alpha 12.0405.

If this isn't the problem, please explain exactly what you have done.