Page 1 of 1
Posted: 06 Jul 2012, 00:21
VaiDuX461
Bugs:

- Written messages disappear in waiting room after minimizing, then restoring the game. [fixed in 12.0802]
- F6 2nd camera is very sensitive to movements, also holding W or S keys at the top or bottom end makes very fast "flicker" (camera moves from one side to another quickly). Same with E and Q keys.
- Gallery shows 0/12 (or 0/15) when returning from it.
- Car reposition black screen effect stays when pressing f4 or f6 at that black moment.
- F8 makes weird looking screenshots at 16bit color screen resolution, 32bit is fine. Example. [probably solved in RVGL, doesn't really matter now]

All bugs are in the latest 12.0802, except strikethrough

And some suggestions:

- Remove player car in race when he/she doesn't have that track. [fixed]
- Enable "TVTIME" F5 and F6 cameras at default. [command line switch in RVGL]
- Enable F8 game screen grabber at default. [RVGL]
- Refresh track length data after coming back to frontend. [dev mode only]

Suggestions, but harder to implement:

- Move "Mode" (Simulation, Arcade, Console...) to Game options and have selecting behavior like language select, speed units etc. similarly how it is in the Dreamcast version. Less menus to go through to start a race. Also, modes aren't changed very often.
- Ability to see and set custom track difficulty. [/s] [RVGL]
- Capability to view time trial ghost data as a replay.
- Show that someone is writing in chat (moving dots, maybe?), could be after a race.

Posted: 16 Aug 2012, 04:43
Huki
VaiDuX461 @ Jul 6 2012, 12:21 AM wrote: - F12 Chat doesn't turn on or off in race when holding BOTH Up and Left arrow keys. It works when holding Up and Right arrows though.
That's a hardware limitation: certain 3-key combinations don't work, and these combinations are specific to each keyboard (looks like you got a rather unlucky one :P). Your best bet would be to try a different keyboard.

Rest are low priority bugs, I'll answer them soon.

Posted: 16 Aug 2012, 05:03
Cat
VaiDuX461 @ Jul 5 2012, 03:51 PM wrote: - Enable "TVTIME" F5 and F6 cameras at default.
Seconded.

Posted: 16 Aug 2012, 09:57
Kenny
Huki @ Aug 16 2012, 12:13 AM wrote:
VaiDuX461 @ Jul 6 2012, 12:21 AM wrote: - F12 Chat doesn't turn on or off in race when holding BOTH Up and Left arrow keys. It works when holding Up and Right arrows though.
That's a hardware limitation: certain 3-key combinations don't work, and these combinations are specific to each keyboard (looks like you got a rather unlucky one :P). Your best bet would be to try a different keyboard.
Thats called "ghosting". So you'll need to look for a keyboard that has a feature called "anti-ghosting" :P

[offtopic]This can be a real funkiller in games like NfS where you need to press Alt to activate Nos and control the car at the same time but can't because of that effect (and for some reason the game doesn't safe different controls)[/offtopic]

Posted: 16 Aug 2012, 14:52
VaiDuX461
Thx for answer huki, i will remove it from my list.
Yeah my kb is pretty bad and cheap.

Posted: 16 Aug 2012, 18:40
Skarma
VaiDuX461 @ Jul 5 2012, 06:51 PM wrote: - Enable "TVTIME" F5 and F6 cameras
I swear I already suggested this many pink moons ago?

Posted: 16 Aug 2012, 19:39
nero
Skarma @ Aug 16 2012, 02:10 PM wrote:
VaiDuX461 @ Jul 5 2012, 06:51 PM wrote: - Enable "TVTIME" F5 and F6 cameras
I swear I already suggested this many pink moons ago?
Who hasn't? :P

Posted: 10 Oct 2012, 03:30
aryo_adhi
I got one (small) bug...
AI car flips automaticaly before countdown '3,2,1,go' (rarely happen) while i use update rv12a.0802, and a suggestion, like using cache memory for playing track we don't downloaded (online mode)...