Page 1 of 1
Posted: 26 Jun 2012, 21:15
Skarma
I've had this problem for a week now. I'm totally unable to get onto the Re-Volt Race site. I don't even understand why this is happening, any other site I usually go to, RV related or not, they work but RVR just isn't loading for me whatsoever. I've tried using different browsers, clearing temporary internet files and cookies, even tried using a DNS setting but nothing works. I need to get back onto it pretty pronto as I have admin duties. Help?

Posted: 26 Jun 2012, 22:05
Dave-o-rama
Restart your PC?

Posted: 26 Jun 2012, 22:24
Skarma
Skarma @ Jun 26 2012, 03:45 PM wrote: I've had this problem for a week now.
I think there would've been a number of restarts/shutdowns in that amount of time...

Posted: 26 Jun 2012, 22:38
kajeuter
Skarma @ Jun 26 2012, 05:54 PM wrote:
Skarma @ Jun 26 2012, 03:45 PM wrote: I've had this problem for a week now.
I think there would've been a number of restarts/shutdowns in that amount of time...
how about deleting your temporary internet files like cookies and history?

Posted: 26 Jun 2012, 22:56
Kenny
Skarma @ Jun 26 2012, 04:45 PM wrote: I've tried using different browsers, clearing temporary internet files and cookies, even tried using a DNS setting but nothing works.
he already did that.

what about trying it on other devices? or restart/try different settings on your router/modem.

Posted: 27 Jun 2012, 00:12
urnemanden
Perhaps try access the site from another IP adress than your own. Have you tried accessing the website from for example http://hidemyass.com/?

Posted: 27 Jun 2012, 06:21
jigebren
Out of curiosity, what is your OS?

- I guess you've double-checked it already but can't it be an issue with your firewall?
- At least under XP you can use the command "ipconfig /flushdns" to clear the DNS cache. Sometime it can help, but here I see no real reason...
- Maybe you can try to ping the site IP directly? (I guess the IP is shared so it can be directly used to access the site though). Here it is: 93.94.226.59

Posted: 27 Jun 2012, 23:47
Skarma
Kenny wrote:what about trying it on other devices? or restart/try different settings on your router/modem.
Resetting the router didn't work. I have several devices I tried connecting to RVR on. 3 PCs, 2 Laptops and even an iPad. I even tried on my PSP and 3DS but none of them worked.
Urnemanden wrote:Perhaps try access the site from another IP adress than your own. Have you tried accessing the website from for example http://hidemyass.com/?
That did work but it only loaded after about 5 minutes and the site wasn't responsive at all.
jigebren wrote:Out of curiosity, what is your OS?
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
jigebren wrote:I guess you've double-checked it already but can't it be an issue with your firewall?
I don't think so, I haven't touched my firewall in a long long time. I have no reason to.
jigebren wrote:At least under XP you can use the command "ipconfig /flushdns" to clear the DNS cache. Sometime it can help, but here I see no real reason...
I don't know how to do this.
jigebren wrote:Maybe you can try to ping the site IP directly? (I guess the IP is shared so it can be directly used to access the site though). Here it is: 93.94.226.59
...Or this.

Posted: 28 Jun 2012, 06:33
jigebren
Skarma @ Jun 27 2012, 07:17 PM wrote:I don't know how to do this.
Well, from what I read (as I'm on XP), to run the suggested commands in Vista / Win 7, in the start menu type "cmd" into the search box, then hold [shift+control] and hit [enter]. This should open a command windows with Administrator rights.

In this command windows you type:

Code: Select all

ipconfig /flushdns
then you hit [enter] and it's done.
(But now that you've already tried with several devices it's not really worth trying this command anymore)

The same way, to ping the site IP, you type:

ping 93.94.226.59
and hit [enter]. You may have a warning from your firewall, in that case you should allow the communication, then you'll see whether you get an answer or not...

Posted: 28 Jun 2012, 07:43
Skarma
jigebren @ Jun 28 2012, 01:03 AM wrote: The same way, to ping the site IP, you type:

ping 93.94.226.59
and hit [enter]. You may have a warning from your firewall, in that case you should allow the communication, then you'll see whether you get an answer or not...
I did this and I got 4 'Request timed out.' before it tells me it has sent 4 packets and received none back. RVR still doesn't load.

Posted: 28 Jun 2012, 17:53
jigebren
Just to be sure, can you also try:

ping 173.194.67.104
It pings Google, so this one should work...

If you can't simply ping RVR's IP address I guess it means that something is filtering you out from it.

It could be either:
1. a corrupted Host file, but it could only have been done intentionally, so it's very unlikely.
2. your firewall.
But those points are not valid anymore given that you tried with other devices as well.

So remains (as far as I can see):
3. you router (with features like "parental control" or "internet access policy"), but once again it could only have been done intentionally, and I doubt it's the case.
4. your ISP, but why?
5. the Re-Volt Race website or server.
All those points could explain why it doesn't work with other devices as well, and why it worked through http://hidemyass.com/.