Page 1 of 1
Posted: 15 Jun 2012, 04:31
jigebren
Well, so far I used to edit my website mostly with Kompozer. This would still be the perfect tool for me if only:
  • it supported HTML5 and CSS3.
  • the produced HTML code were a bit cleaner.
Unfortunately this is not the case and its development is currently stalled.
I also gave BlueGriffon a try but among other things the CSS editing is a joke (seems to be intentionally unusable to force you to buy the CSS pro extension), and it still mess with your code layout.

I think I'm going to switch to manual HTML editing. But after a few hours spent on it - currently with Aptana (I also tried Bluefish) - and though I find it quite interesting and I'm comfortable enough with it, I'm afraid it won't be easy to concentrate on the clarity, etc. when writing new content. Even a small update will likely turn to be a task in itself, and be easily postponed... which is not a good thing.

I'm afraid now there's no perfect WYSIWYG free solution (and I'm not going to buy a software for this).
So I'm not really asking for suggestions, but out of curiosity I'd just like to hear what you guys/gals are usually using for your own web development needs?

Posted: 15 Jun 2012, 09:38
KDL
I used to use Dreamweaver 7 before learning HTML, PHP and Javascript. then used Komposer but they never work right

Windows:
Now I use NetBeans or Aptana Studio for PHP . Notepad++ for HTML, CSS and JS. sometimes when a hot fix is needed notepad.... :rolleyes:

Linux:
gedit+NetBeans are more than enough!

Fancy:
When a hot design is needed, I use Microsoft Office's word.
Graphics (Urnemaden's way) using Paint.NET

Posted: 15 Jun 2012, 14:12
urnemanden
Currently I use Bluefish myself, but only because of the handy colorization of tags and symbols. Easier to recognize content from HTML code then. :)

On Windows I used to use Notepad 2 because it had the same ability to do color tags in both HTML and CSS. Have moved website development over to Linux now though.
Kay wrote:Linux:
gedit+NetBeans are more than enough!
Should test this out sometime, thanks for the tip!

Posted: 18 Jul 2012, 18:48
jigebren
Edit: I've split the last posts that were mostly feedback about my own website feedback in its own topic