Page 1 of 1
Posted: 06 May 2012, 03:43
Skarma
Under the frontend section of the parameters, does the MaxRevs line actually do anything? I was playing around with it earlier and I found it only seems to make a noticeable difference if you set it extremely high or very low.

Posted: 06 May 2012, 06:35
MythicMonkey
And while we're at it...how about SteerMod? I've read plenty of times that it doesn't do anything, but that could just be one wrong piece of information being passed around by a lot of people. I haven't bothered to experiment with it much myself, so I was just wondering if anyone else had.

Posted: 06 May 2012, 06:38
jigebren
It's just used to scale the engine speed when drawing the rev-counter (or tachometer). Increasing this value should make the top lights (the green ones) harder to lit.

Posted: 06 May 2012, 10:01
Skarma
Hmm, interesting. Should be useful for cars that take alot of track to reach their real top speed. While still on this subject, another thing I notice about the rev counter is (with my cars at least) it seems that when accelerating 2 lights will come on, one will dim then come back on with the next one and this pattern repeats until all lights on the meter are lit.

Is this a normal thing in the game or does it depend on the specific car?

Posted: 06 May 2012, 14:02
Huki
The MaxRevs parameter was originally intended to do what jig mentioned, but finally it was not used. The speedometer is instead scaled directly from the TopEnd value (the one used to show the speed bar in frontend).

@Mythiv: Yes, the SteerMod is unused too.

Posted: 06 May 2012, 14:21
MythicMonkey
Thanks, Huki. It's great to finally get some of this stuff clarified. :)

Posted: 06 May 2012, 17:32
jigebren
Huki @ May 6 2012, 09:32 AM wrote:The MaxRevs parameter was originally intended to do what jig mentioned, but finally it was not used.
Yep, sorry I checked the code quickly but haven't actually looked at the values... :rolleyes:
Seems that we have a bit of clean up to do in the parameters file.