Page 1 of 1
Posted: 26 Apr 2012, 21:00
Slacker
Hello, everyone. :)
Slacker here.

I just got my hands on Re-Volt when I heard about the 1.2 patch, along with you could add more cars(?) to it.

I'll start with my first question:
What happens if I change a cars rating?
As in what would happen if I changed the RC Bandit's rating from Rookie to Pro?
My thoughts about this is that the AI would have a WIDER selection of cars...

As when you pick a rookie class car, the AI only picks the rookie class cars (12 first cars you start with?).

Well, that is all. :o

EDIT: It seems that my theory was right...
I put Dust Mite in the Amateur group, and when I picked Dust Mite for a Single Race, I raced against the Amateur group...

Now if I could put EVERY CAR (excluding Mystery, UFO and clockworks) into a SINGLE group, but that would be too UNBALANCED...
So my second question is: Is there any parameters that has balanced ALL THE CARS together? Like if all the cars were to be in a single Rating group?

I hope I didn't confuse you all and bust some of your brain cells, lol.

Posted: 27 Apr 2012, 02:44
Skarma
Slacker @ Apr 26 2012, 03:30 PM wrote: Now if I could put EVERY CAR (excluding Mystery, UFO and clockworks) into a SINGLE group, but that would be too UNBALANCED...
So my second question is: Is there any parameters that has balanced ALL THE CARS together? Like if all the cars were to be in a single Rating group?
Wrong section posting aside....

The fastest and slowest cars I have in Pro class (that were converted by myself) are 35 and 73 MPH. Call that unbalanced?

As for your second question, not that I know of. You'll have to study and learn to work around parameters for that unless you really like railers.

Posted: 27 Apr 2012, 03:57
MythicMonkey
Hi Slacker, and welcome to the forum. :)

If I may humbly suggest...the game is fairly well balanced out of the box with all the stock cars. If you are just looking for a wider variety of opponents then perhaps you might want to simply download some new cars to add to your garage. There are tons of them out there. The gentleman above me has converted some ungodly number of them just by himself and there are new vehicles being created all the time so there should be no shortage of choices.

I just wanted to let you know about some other options that were available to you if you are just looking to increase the number of cars you can race against. :)

To specifically answer your question, though...no, I don't think anyone has yet tried to place every single car in just one class. I do know however, that I personally would not want to. :D This may just be me, but I like having different classes with cars of different speeds to race with. :)

Posted: 27 Apr 2012, 07:34
Phantom
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD NEW CARS AND TRACKS

When you find a nice car/track, click on the image to download the .zip file.
This .zip contains the car/track files on it. Extract it to your Re-Volt Installation folder:
By default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Acclaim Entertainment\Re-Volt
Note you need to run WinRAR with administrative priviliges to do this on Windows 7.

Welcome to the forum Slacker. B)

Posted: 27 Apr 2012, 13:15
Slacker
Allright, thanks for your responses...
I guess I'll have to fiddle around and keep experimenting.

Posted: 28 Apr 2012, 04:51
jigebren
Moved from the TTT Master Class section to the Car section.
BTW I have the feeling the TTTMC guidelines and forum rules are a bit outdated and rather misleading now...

Posted: 28 Apr 2012, 08:47
Skarma
jigebren @ Apr 27 2012, 11:21 PM wrote: Moved from the TTT Master Class section to the Car section.
BTW I have the feeling the TTTMC guidelines and forum rules are a bit outdated and rather misleading now...
I agree, perhaps someone could write up some new ones?

Posted: 29 Apr 2012, 19:21
zagames
Sounds like a great idea! *wink wink*