Page 1 of 1
Posted: 20 Mar 2012, 13:30
janci
Hi,
I have made a simple track in 3Ds Max ( following this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEPR98kEzoU ). Problem is, that car keeps repositioned every few seconds.
When I add zones in MAKEITGOOD track zone editor, repositioning is less frequent, but still present.
If I rename the track to ex. "nhood1", repositioning disappears.

If I replace .w and .ncp file of LEGO-created track by mine 3ds-created, repositioning ocurrs too.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

PS: I'm using ase2w converter.

Posted: 20 Mar 2012, 13:51
KDL
Hello, that's actually normal (unless you use Edit mode)

Now, after creating Track zones (trackname.taz), create 'Pos nodes' (trackname.pan)
and of course, don't forget to press CTRL + F4 (note: it's CTRL not ALT) to save your work

Pos nodes tut #1
Pos nodes tut #2

To go further and make your track raceable by computer cars, do the AI nodes (trackname.fan)
AI nodes documentation

----
Also, MAKEITGOOD mode table can be found here
(further readings about makeitgood can be found here as well)
----
Dev mode:

I use this batch file for entering DEV mode of Re-Volt (no need to use makeitgood as a name)

Code: Select all

cd..\..
revolt -window -dev -nointro -sload -useallcpu
you can save it your track directory as "run revolt.bat" to run Re-Volt in Windowed mode (you can delete -window to have full screen)

Good luck on your track :)

Posted: 20 Mar 2012, 14:01
janci
Thanks for fast answer.

Repositioning happens also in edit mode.

And I am trying to make Battle Tag track, and as far I know, it should not need Pos Nodes.
Is there any way to tell revolt "this is battle tag track"? Now I'm using [x]All modes available for all tracks option in WolfR4 to run it.

Posted: 20 Mar 2012, 14:40
Pranav
janci @ Mar 20 2012, 02:01 PM wrote:
Is there any way to tell revolt "this is battle tag track"? Now I'm using [x]All modes available for all tracks option in WolfR4 to run it.
Welcome to the board janci.

If you are using Re-volt 1.2, add an entry GAMETYPE and set its value to 1 in the inf file.
Then you can go in the multiplayer mode and check out your battle tag track.

Posted: 20 Mar 2012, 14:54
KDL
it doesn't reposition at all in my Dev mode (the batch file I'm using)
anyway, you may want to download the latest Re-Volt version from here (not sure but seems like Huki and Jigebren fixed it)

Posted: 20 Mar 2012, 15:18
MythicMonkey
Thanks for that info, KDL. I have added your distinctiveness to my collective. :D