Page 1 of 1
Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 02:45
Cat
Who is in charge of banning the retarded non-english speaking noobs at RVZT?

Really, if there was somebody, we wouldn't had to deal with Tua/Froa/Nieger.

Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 02:49
Dave-o-rama
Yes. All I've got to say to this is... yes.

I can't remember a single car/track/news entry that hasn't completely blown up because of fools like this (Not that I'm saying anything you guys don't know.)

Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 02:59
arto
Cat @ Mar 11 2012, 10:15 PM wrote: Who is in charge of banning the retarded non-english speaking noobs at RVZT?

Really, if there was somebody, we wouldn't had to deal with Tua/Froa/Nieger.
I've banned some assholes who haven't taken the hint.

I'll do it again if need be. But I always (try to) give a warning before I do it. I'm friendly like that.

If you can post examples of postings you think he deserves a banning for, please do provide links. It'll help me make a decision.

Oh, one more thing. Being retarded, non-english speaking, or noob, is not grounds for banning in my book. Even all those combined is not. It takes more than that.

Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 03:38
Dave-o-rama

Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 09:37
Phantom
arto @ Mar 11 2012, 06:29 PM wrote: Oh, one more thing. Being retarded, non-english speaking, or noob, is not grounds for banning in my book. Even all those combined is not. It takes more than that.
Very wise words in my opinion. I completely agree. ;)

But what makes us angry is the infinite amount of Intentional Spamming that this person in particular has been doing in most sites of the community, and for a long time as you can see. We'll be pleased to avoid this in the future.

Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 12:15
Skarma
May I also say that despite my completely pointless rant on RVZT, I believe this kid is going to continue doing this if he isn't banned. Furthermore, because the communication between us and him isn't really on an acceptable term anymore I think he is failing to realise what we have actually been trying to tell him since these problems arose. We TRIED (at the very least, I certainly did) to help him by pointing out where he was going wrong in this community but he just wasn't even interested in the slightest as you can see in the above examples.

Although, he does claim that he is using google translator to translate what we are saying. I can't say for certain that it's either this and the translator isn't translating our words properly enough for him to understand us clearly or he just simply doesn't care. My bet is on the latter.

Although the ironic thing is that both Miro and Balint12 have tried to speak to him in romanian and hungarian respectively but he wasn't even interested in that. He just simply dismissed the fact that Balint even speaks hungarian at all when he clearly does.

Along with the above examples, there is also this.

He first came to RVZT then was banned by Zach after ZR spoke to him a little about it. Then he kept trying register to RVL and ZR didn't want him there so he was banned from there. Then he came to this forum and he was eventually banned from here for ten days by Jigebren for the same reason. Now he has bounced back to RVZT again.

Arto, I can fully understand that you wouldn't care what goes on in other forums/RV House etc etc. But what I'm trying to say is that this guy will just keep trying find ways to post his so called creations anywhere even through the slightest and most subtle of means and also if it's completely unrelated/offtopic, hence why he posted about a carbox in an old news bulletin. It's not even in the sense that he is trying to actually submit somthing but more of a "Here, I made this. Please look at it now." On top of that, he doesn't even notice that no-one even really seems to care about what he has to post (as pointed out by Jigebren in the "Nieger Arts" topic on this forum, also I'm treading on thin ice by saying that.) and if you try to tell him otherwise, he just tells us to shut up, f off or just doesn't even bother to take that into consideration.

In short, he is completely ignorant and oblivious.

If I can think of anything else, I'll post it...

Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 13:01
arto
Is there anything more recent? If I looked correctly these are all old postings from last summer. In these examples I see lots of messages that should be deleted, and warning issued.

I looked at my old mails, and I can see I have banned this Tua character from submitting tracks last august. I won't go into details why. In the same mails I see that I haven't banned him from commenting, as he had shown restraint in his comments after I had warned him.

I agree Skarma about his attitude. And poor english. And the annoyance. So the warning I gave to him was in order. But I don't think he should be outright banned yet, without giving him a chance to correct his behavior. Just look at miromiro. Remember how annoying he was when as a young boy when he entered the Re-Volt universe? And now look how responsible member of RV community he has become.

Basically if he continues spamming to RVZT like it was a discussion board, I'll ban him from posting.

Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 13:05
nero
You warned him once already and he didn't change at all.
Arto @ Tom's Angel T01 wrote:Hey Tua. I'm a bit fed up with crap posts from you that have nothing to do with the cars/tracks/news item you post them to.

I have better things to do than delete them. So if you keep up with that, I'll make it so that you can't post anymore here. Then I won't have to delete the posts anymore.

This was the friendly warning that I'm sometimes known to give to people I'm fond of.

Love and Hugs,
your friendly admin

Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 13:08
Skarma
Very well good sir, I can see exactly where you're coming from. I'll just refrain from interacting with him from now on.

Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 13:29
kajeuter
Yes I saw him too on RVH. He entered, said F*CK OFF SKARMA! and he left again.

Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 17:53
MythicMonkey
I almost completely refrained from commenting about this...almost. :) Oh well, here we go...

I, myself tried to reach out to this guy. Why? Because I'm Mr. Nice and that's what I do. That, and I have a soft spot for the underdog. How did that work out? I was completely...and utterly...ignored.

Okay, so if this guy has to plug every sentence into an online translator, I can...kind of...see why it might be a bit of a pain in the rear. Alright...there's me trying to see his point of view. Let's think about this another way, though. What is the point of these forums? I am going to say...and anyone is free to disagree with me...that it is to share and to interact with other people. Yes?...no? All I hear in my own head is yes.

So -if- we take that as a given...then we can assume that the point of his being here is to interact with others, and maybe to share his creations with them. But is he doing that? Every single attempt to communicate with him is rejected or ignored. So he doesn't appear to want to interact with anyone, either here or elsewhere. How about what he shares? I've seen one or two things that haven't completely sucked. Some of the rest though, there seems to be no point to it. The thread I tried to talk to him in was the one where he posted a very unfinished track along with some cryptic words about -possibly- wanting someone else to finish it for him. I say possibly because it's nigh impossible to turn anything he says into usable language. He also doesn't apparently have the best reputation for um, let's say...originality.

But that's just me getting lost in everyone else's perceptions of him.

Like I said, though...I have a soft spot for the underdog...and if there ever was an underdog, it's him. This guy takes all kinds of abuse, banning, direct statements that his presence and offerings are not wanted...and still he comes back for more. Why? My mind is screaming the question...WHY?!?!???

This is not the act of a normal, well-adjusted person who has plenty of friends and who finds himself well-loved and secure. This is the opposite of that. This is an example of what happens when you have none of those things. And if you look at it like that...isn't bashing him for being a jerk (which he is) still just a bit like beating a baby seal with a knobby stick for complaining about being hungry? All you hear is the annoying sound it is making, not the reason behind it. Doesn't it make you feel just a bit bad about yourself if you consider the situation in it's entirety? Now to be honest, we don't really know what the situation is in it's 'entirety'....because he's not talking. It is something however, that I personally cannot help but take into consideration. Despite how annoying he is, I still feel bad for him.

And as for his comments...some of them quite abusive, inflammatory or hurtful...on RVZT, what makes you...yourself...react that way? Doesn't that occur when you feel threatened or angry about something? And what is it that makes you feel threatened or angry? Since this guy won't communicate it's really hard to say just what motivates him, but simply because I am who I am, I can't help wondering what prompts him to lash out like that. Usually there is a reason.

So what do we do? For me, first and foremost my priority is going to be to try to make things good. Whatever that might be, because everyone has different needs. Nothing wrong with that, right? Why not strive for a positive outcome? A solution where nobody gets hurt is always going to be better than one where someone does. And banning him does get somebody hurt.

So me...I would try to reach out and communicate with him. I did that and got nothing back. Maybe I'm not the right person to be doing it or maybe I didn't try hard enough, who knows. If he's looking for help, that's one thing, but it's hard to tell if he wants that. The bottomline is though, in order to make any sense out of this/him at all, you/we will need to speak to the person inside...and he doesn't seem to be answering the door.

So I guess that leaves us to look at the scope of the 'problem'. From what I gather, this guy used to post under the name of Tua and caused a bunch of trouble. I'm not sure what this was all about, but I get the sense that there might have been some plagarism of other people's work involved. Now of course, this is to be frowned upon. We should let people learn from their mistakes however, and not punish them for them forever. So even if this is the same guy...what -exactly- is he doing right now? Here at the ReVolt Pub he seems to be posting some cars and an unfinished track.

Now assuming that this is his own work...the cars that he has posted aren't that bad. I've certainly seen much, much worse. He also posted a car in his 'Repaint Or Repair' thread that seemed like yet another load of nonsense at the time along with that unfinished track I mentioned. The more I think about this, though...I must say...the more it seems like this guy just a ) has a crappy life, and b ) is really just looking for some help and maybe a friend. It is entirely possible that his negative reactions are a result of the negativity he has received from others...both in his real life and here online. Maybe we need to be a little more open-minded and understanding, and perhaps make a greater effort to make some kind of connection. At the very least maybe we should try not being mean to him. It's no joke that you get back what you give out, so perhaps if we focus on a positive outcome we will all be pleasantly surprised to find out that he's not really that bad after all.

As for everyone else...ask yourselves why you are letting him get you so upset. You...and no one else...controls how you feel. This is a choice that -you- make with every single thought that you have. If you let him get you worked up...who is getting hurt? Who has the angry cramp in their stomach and the storm cloud over their head? Yeah, you guessed it...you. Do yourself a favor and just let that crap go. :)

Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 18:19
Skarma
I've read your thoughts MM and I'd hate to cut my reply very short but I'll try my best.

Like I already said, this guy has absolutely no interest in seeking help or friends here. Some of us actually did try to reach out and interact but considering the result of that was either no response or being told to shut up seems like a massive slap in the face. Me personally, that is what I thought. "This guy doesn't want us to help him, therefore I will not extend my hand. Why should I help someone who doesn't want help?"

Maybe he really did come here to share his creations. But why on earth would he attempt to disguise himself as another member and spam and flame not just other people's but HIS OWN WORK ASWELL. I've never ever that happen before, it just shows either his desperete attempts for attention or stupidity. Whatever we tried to do to warn him about his wrongdoing, he simply didn't care. If he doesn't care... why should we? This changes the situation entirely. "You're not interested in receiving any kind of help from us, we're not interested in seeing you spam." Yet he continued his persistence in posting in every possible location he could find. It's ridiculous.

As for not letting him get us worked up... Just ask Nero about this and see what he says. Imagine yourself in Nero's position. You've submitted somthing new and fresh and it appears. Then a user like him just comes in and posts somthing totally unrelated. Wouldn't that at least annoy you?

-end of possible thinking capacity for the moment-

Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 19:01
urnemanden
MythicMonkey, I think it is very sweet of you to think this way. Our Re-Volt Pub's main goal is IMO to function as a discussion board, however. If discussions are interrupted by someone who cannot behave properly as per the rules set by the administrators, action should be taken. Other members should not be exposed regularly to harmful behavior that either means a waste of time for them or is seen as being offensive to them.

One way to take action is banning or suspending. That way the community basically communicate that it is not their responsibility to find the root of the problem and solve it. And I think it is understandable that most communities refrain from taking this responsibilty because of a lack of ressources to find the root of the problem as you suggest. If someone were to do something about it though, you could isolate the conflicting member to a forum section created specificially to train his or her behavior, while keeping the rest of the forum read-only. Members with the same passion for helping underdogs as your's could then help the conflicted person in an environment where the he or her cannot do harm to others. Anyway, that's just me venting some ideas here, sorry for disturbing..

Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 20:37
miromiro
Taking into consideration that I was banned a month on ORP for BUMPING (NOT flaming members which is much much worse) topics, I can actually say that he got away far too easily with a 7-10 day ban. So well yeah, Urne's right.

Mythic, I appreciate your kind behavior towards this guy, but you just can't give ANOTHER chance to someone who tried to help you, who gave you already enough chances, and who also tried to make you a member of the community, yet you water on everything and tell him to f-ck off. I DO understand that he is not English, since his profile is just another way of trolling, yet he doesn't admit that he's from another country.

I personally feel ashamed to see that some of my fellow national Re-Volt fans act with such idiocracy. I tried contacting him and speaking to him in Romanian. He keeps on rejecting everything, in such a dickish manner. What's the point? What has HE done for us so we would give him ANOTHER chance to improve himself?

Arto, yeah, I DO admit that I was one of the most annoying members not 3 years ago, yet I NEVER EVER flamed anyone. You may see me a little more arrogant nowadays, but that's just the way I developed. What's the point in trying to fix someone who was made damaged? People on Re-Volt Live asked me raging to ban Sobar after doing so much less than Tua. Sobar was just spamming, never saw him insulting anyone.

You DO know yourself that this guy won't get at anything, yet you make your own life harder with "trying" to get something out of him. The only place for him to share his "creations" would be his already spammed-up forum or RRR.
I do know that Jigebren will tell me that he doesn't find any posts on ORP of him flaming anybody, but the best thing would be just to wait. As for Arto, you should really take into consideration what these people say. Seriously, what are you seeing good in letting him be with us? I know and you know that he'll be banned once he'll also tell YOU to f-ck off. Do you really wanna get at that?

Posted: 13 Mar 2012, 05:29
MythicMonkey
Lol...this is why few people in their right mind want to be a moderator...you have address all the tough questions. <laughs> And the people who do want to be moderators are generally only interested in the power it gives them. Personally I am very pleased that both arto and jigebren are so moderate in their moderation, so to speak. With level heads and open minds should the keys to the kingdom rest.

Skarma ~
I realize that many of us have made various attempts to communicate with him, but I think much of the negativity that came of that was perhaps a result of miscommunication and misunderstanding. An ember led to spark, a spark led to a flame, and that flame turned into a bonfire. Now, I think you can admit that many people around here are fairly easily excitable. You push the right buttons, and bam!...there go the fireworks. You start talking to some people about high-poly cars or cars that have already been converted...or some other seemingly innocent topic and you are immediately in the middle of a grenade of pent-up fury over comments made by someone else in the distant past. All these things tend to get carried around with us and they come out when we are presented with situations that are similar to those that have caused us pain in the past. That would be called baggage. We've all got it, some more than others, but have it we do all the same. The trick is to learn from it, but not let yourself be controlled by it.
Skarma wrote:Maybe he really did come here to share his creations. But why on earth would he attempt to disguise himself as another member and spam and flame not just other people's but HIS OWN WORK ASWELL.
I can't be certain, but perhaps it was an attempt to distance and separate himself from his own past and previous identity. Maybe he thought by 'joining your side' he could become part of the community that way. Maybe he saw that attacking others was a way of gaining acceptance.
Skarma wrote:Yet he continued his persistence in posting in every possible location he could find. It's ridiculous.
This is where it makes me question why. He must want it pretty bad. He must want -something- pretty bad to persist for this long in this fashion. I think part of our frustration is that we are not entirely sure what that is.
Skarma wrote:As for not letting him get us worked up... Just ask Nero about this and see what he says. Imagine yourself in Nero's position. You've submitted somthing new and fresh and it appears. Then a user like him just comes in and posts somthing totally unrelated. Wouldn't that at least annoy you?
To an extent, it might. This is where the admin needs to step in and clean up those comments. I have to say, though...I am something of both an insider and an outsider, in that I have both a fair amount of knowledge about the people who post here and care about them personally, but I also have the ability to step back and see the situation as an objective observer.

If you take a look at the comments for just about every car posted at RVZT...and completely forget about the names of the people who are posting, what you know about them, and however you might feel about them...and just look at the type of comments that are made and the overall tone of them. Frankly, it looks for all the world like a bunch of kids who can't get along on the playground. Someone gets angry because...and here's the important part...they somehow get their feelings hurt. So someone starts out with a thoughtless comment...or makes an innocent one that is taken wrong. The next person lashes out in anger because they feel they were somehow wronged, then that makes the other person and perhaps others angry...and so it continues. Everyone needs to take responsibility for their own part. If you don't feed the negativity, it -will- die.

The admin does have to step up, though. In situations like this the inflammatory comments need to be removed. Ideally the offending members will also be made aware of the nature of their transgression and helped to make a more positive contribution to the community.
urnemanden wrote:If discussions are interrupted by someone who cannot behave properly as per the rules set by the administrators, action should be taken. Other members should not be exposed regularly to harmful behavior that either means a waste of time for them or is seen as being offensive to them.
I agree. Hopefully my words above address this point. :)
urnemanden wrote:One way to take action is banning or suspending. That way the community basically communicate that it is not their responsibility to find the root of the problem and solve it. And I think it is understandable that most communities refrain from taking this responsibilty because of a lack of ressources to find the root of the problem as you suggest.
You are correct in that not every community has the resources or inclination to find the root as I suggest. I was a moderator on a site with several hundred thousand members for over seven years, so I know of what you speak. Even then however, I personally did what I could to see that people got a fair shake. So even on a site that large (Flashkit) there was at least one person behind the scenes trying to keep things positive and personal.

As for this forum...this is tiny. Dinky. Miniscule. It's like meeting a group of friends in your living room...or maybe on over-sized basement. :D There is so little to keep people occupied around here that they jump all over anything vaguely new or different. It's like a small town where everybody knows everybody else's name. As soon as a stranger drives into town, all eyes are on him....because he's new, he's something different. And if that something different doesn't quite seem to fit, then the pack mentality sets in and you try to either make him conform or attempt to drive him out.
urnemanden wrote:If someone were to do something about it though, you could isolate the conflicting member to a forum section created specificially to train his or her behavior, while keeping the rest of the forum read-only. Members with the same passion for helping underdogs as your's could then help the conflicted person in an environment where the he or her cannot do harm to others.
Well, I can see your point about harm to others at RVZT in the comment section. Here at the Pub though, he doesn't seem to be causing a whole lot of harm. The negative comments he has made -seem- to be mostly a reaction to the negativity he is getting from others...and perhaps some of what I talked about earlier...him holding onto expectations from the past.
miromiro wrote:Taking into consideration that I was banned a month on ORP for BUMPING (NOT flaming members which is much much worse) topics, I can actually say that he got away far too easily with a 7-10 day ban. So well yeah, Urne's right.
Lol...I'm guessing you were warned more than once, weren't you? <smiles> In your case it's a little different. With you, we -know- you understand what we are saying. If you don't -want to comply-, then sometimes stronger action is required. :D The same would go for me and pretty much everyone else around here. And don't you think that your personal feelings might be playing a part, here?...that maybe you feel like he should be banned because you were? :) Part of being a good moderator is not only being fair, but also perceptive. Everyone deserves fair and equitable rules, but everyone also has different needs. The way that I interacted with LivingWithGames is an excellent example of this. I spoke to him a way that was completely different than the way I speak to everyone else...simply because that was what he needed at the time.
miromiro wrote:What's the point? What has HE done for us so we would give him ANOTHER chance to improve himself?
I know it's easy to feel that way. This is far more about you than him, however. However he ends up deciding to respond, what actions and memories will you take to bed with you tonight? What thoughts will you ponder as you drift off to sleep? Will you remember how you 'made somebody pay', will you feel good about someone 'getting what they deserve'...or will you remember that you made an effort to help someone?...that you tried to make a positive difference? It doesn't matter...or least it's another matter entirely...what they end up doing. It is YOUR actions, YOUR thoughts, and YOUR intent that you have to live with on a moment to moment basis. If more people made sure these were all going in the right direction, there would be lot less negative drama surrounding the release of all these cars and tracks, and just in everyday interaction.
miromiro wrote:Arto, yeah, I DO admit that I was one of the most annoying members not 3 years ago, yet I NEVER EVER flamed anyone. You may see me a little more arrogant nowadays, but that's just the way I developed.
Actually, that's the way you -currently- are. And that's to be expected given your age. You're just getting your view of the world sorted out, miro. You're a fine young man who has plenty of developing yet to do. Just make sure any arrogance you acquire is justified and moderated. <wink>

Now, I hate to bring up a sensitive issue...but do you remember when your grandmother died? Do you remember how that made you act and react while you were experiencing that pain? That's what I'm saying could be going on here. I'm not saying anybody died, but I think there just might be a reason why he would react as he does.
miromiro wrote:What's the point in trying to fix someone who was made damaged?
The point, my friend, is that it is the right and good thing to do. <smiles> What if it was you who was 'damaged'? Would you not appreciate a sympathetic hand?

So I would recommend to any who find him bothersome to simply ignore him until he causes a real problem. And just for laughs...how about trying this thought on for size? "How can we turn this into a positive situation?" Roll that around in your head instead of thoughts about how to get rid of him and see if you come up with any different answers. :)

Mythic

Posted: 13 Mar 2012, 06:31
jigebren
miromiro @ Mar 12 2012, 04:07 PM wrote:I do know that Jigebren will tell me that he doesn't find any posts on ORP of him flaming anybody, but the best thing would be just to wait.
Yep, that's what we'll do. But if I had been aware of his background, I don't think I would have taken such a soft approach.

And just to react to Mythic's points, I agree it's nice to be nice, but this dogma has its limitations... When you're new somewhere, it's up to you to act in a way that will make you gain acceptance. And it's not just the "small town syndrome", I think new people are here very easily welcome. I was, you were, a lot of other people were. There's no point in trying to blame our behaviour when the problem is clearly not on our side.

But you made some good points though. :)

Posted: 13 Mar 2012, 08:55
MythicMonkey
Well, nobody said he was normal. :) That's cool. I've had my say. I'm sure you will take care of things as the need arises.

Posted: 13 Mar 2012, 18:58
miromiro
Look eh, I do agree with you mate. And considering the way you were in front of me at the very beginning, I have no doubt that you're one of the nicest persons here. :)
And sure, if you guys wanna give him another chance, then simply go for it. No trouble at all. I'm not saying that it's a good idea, nor a bad one.

It's all up to what we WILL see. Whether he'll improve and TRY to fix his English, and be less arrogant or not.

Posted: 23 Aug 2012, 07:27
Cat
Arto, if you read this, please post a news entry at RVZT warning that Platform guy to stop pressuming about TwinMill.

Posted: 23 Aug 2012, 18:33
arto
Cat @ Aug 23 2012, 02:57 AM wrote: Arto, if you read this, please post a news entry at RVZT warning that Platform guy to stop pressuming about TwinMill.
Lol... why? What's so bad that has happened that would require a warning? I took a quick look at his recent comments and didn't see anything too bad, only some silliness.

Posted: 23 Aug 2012, 21:21
Cat
arto @ Aug 23 2012, 10:03 AM wrote: What's so bad that has happened that would require a warning?
After he leaves his comment he doesn't seems to return to the car page he commented, meaning he won't read our warnings in the car page and never learn, so i tought a news entry warning him in CAPITALS would be the way to go.

Posted: 24 Aug 2012, 01:27
Dave-o-rama
...and what exactly will make him read the news entry? We've been over this time and time again... this guy's knows of English are -1. I propose that we all just ignore him.

Posted: 25 Aug 2012, 03:47
Skarma
Despite how annoying that kid is, his actions are not BANHAMMARRRRRRRRRR worthy, even if he does OR doesn't read our 'warnings'. Just something we have to put up with unfortunatly, unless he does do somthing that insights a warning.