Page 1 of 1
Posted: 01 Mar 2012, 13:30
Uchaaa
Hi guys, iam new here.

Whats the parameter for acceleration? Cant find that information in the notes.

Posted: 01 Mar 2012, 13:49
MythicMonkey
One of the big ones for that is EngineRatio...this is found under the settings for each of the wheels. This next one depends on your visible 'physical' wheel size, but the Radius also has a significant effect on acceleration...with bigger wheels accelerating slower. Weight also plays a part, but you probably just want to play with the EngineRatio.

Posted: 01 Mar 2012, 14:30
Uchaaa
Thx, it worked!

Posted: 02 Mar 2012, 00:16
Cat
AxleFriction also affects the car's performance. Higher values makes the car go faster and coast for a shorter distance.
However, as with EngineRatio, very high values gives more wheelspin.

Don't forget to give your car good handling. Power is nothing without control.

Posted: 02 Mar 2012, 00:51
MythicMonkey
Cat wrote:AxleFriction also affects the car's performance. Higher values makes the car go faster and coast for a shorter distance.
I agree that higher values will make the vehicle coast for shorter distances, but I can't see how increasing the axle friction will make the car go faster. Wouldn't increasing the axle friction actually make the car go slower...by adding more resistance?

Posted: 02 Mar 2012, 08:53
Citywalker
Actually, the one parameter that affects only acceleration, is EngineRate (in Handling section).
Everything else affects "engine power", but this one affects "speed of power-gaining" = acceleration.

About Frictions: this needs testing before answering...

Posted: 02 Mar 2012, 18:39
Skarma
I use AxleFriction and LinearAirResistance in my cars ALOT, I've never understood why no-one else has ever used these values. They give more feeling of a semi realistic performance and handling. If your car has little to no AxleFriction at all, It also affects the car's cornering and steering which is a nice effect to avoid rail handling. You can see this in my Alfa Romeo 164 Procar on RVZT.