Page 1 of 1
Posted: 19 Feb 2012, 19:24
urnemanden
Last week I was visiting a family member who is currently building something called a FabLab. These types of buildings are all over the world and the goal with FabLabs is to show off new technology for anyone interested (AFAIK) - and in this case it is 3D printers.

So with the help from Jigebren's Blender Plug-in I imported the clockwork model from Re-Volt and got it printed. Unfortunately they had some issues with the 3D printer (leakage to be exact) so the results didn't get as good as expected. But here it is anyhow. Enjoy ^^

The little fella is made of some sort of plastic (Polycarbonate I believe). A picture of the 3D printer in action and the software used can be seen here and here. More pictures of the FabLab project can also be found here in case you're curious. :)

Posted: 19 Feb 2012, 20:28
miromiro
Looks like a clockwork clothed in worms. Thank god it's plastic.
Looks awesome man.

Posted: 19 Feb 2012, 21:14
jigebren
Too bad you didn't get a better result... Anyway, 3D printing sound quite exciting (just like good quality color printing was 20 years ago). I always like this step when virtual data are escaping from the computer to become reality... :)