Page 1 of 1
Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 23:10
r6turboextreme
Hello fellow Re-Volters,

iL_FraN has discovered that having boats in Re-Volt is possible, and I have made a test boat track, and the boat itself. It is very interesting, so I’d like to work on a boat track, and some amphibious vehicles for the community to play with. I’d like to host some boat races with the community.

But actually, there have to be some rules when making amphibious vehicles or tracks.

For tracks there are just TWO rules. And the rules are:
- Use the same farce field value as in the Toytanic pool, so the MAG value = 2450.0000. The damping has to be 1.5000.
- The tracks are mostly longer, so in the water/flying section it has to be longer, because the boats go nearly 200 mph. So keep it large in the water section.

For the boats, there have to be a few rules, and they are:

- The boat may not go faster than 40 mph, this is to keep the competition fair in online racing.
- The boat MUST have the line: Flying TRUE
You have to put this line somewhere in the Handling section of the vehicle parameters.
Because the boat can’t drive on water without this line.
- It'd be nice if you made the boat give some leaning parameter values. I guess this is possible.

Well, thats everything, this just has to be said, especially if a boat “revolution” comes.

R6

Posted: 03 Feb 2012, 03:28
jackieben
Interesting stuff, any progress? I also think we should:
(A) -Add some force which is pushing you upwards in the water, because if you crash and sink you can't get back to the surface with toyanic-like farce settings
(B) -Or, if "sink" you get teleported back on track, would be a nice gameplay addition, you don't have to fear off falling off, but sinking down

Posted: 03 Feb 2012, 14:55
MythicMonkey
Hi jackieben ~
I think most of the discussion regarding this is being held in this thread if you want to check it out. :)

Posted: 03 Feb 2012, 20:45
jackieben
Oh :) Too many rvforums!!!!!!

Thanks for the info