Page 1 of 1
Posted: 28 Jan 2012, 04:35
Dave-o-rama
Due to some people initially being confused about how DOSBox works, and how it will brighten your Re-Volt world, I'm just going to leave this here.

*engage slightly demented mentor/sensei complex*

So, let's assume that the following theoretical situation applies to you:

You've just bought a new Windows Vista or 7 64-bit computer, or had one for a while that has been relatively useless because you can't use such tools as the Rvminis or prmbend. You have come to the conlcusion that your computer is of little use to your awesome modding powers because of it. However, these tools DO work on 64-bit systems!

What sorcery is this, you ask?

DOSBox.

What is DOSBox, you ask? Why, it's a magical little tool that allows programs like old DOS games, or the Rv Minis on modern systems! And you can have this tool up and running for all your Re-Volt modding needs in a matter of minutes!

What you need to get this running is the following:
-DOSBox (click to download)
-...and whatever previously-broken tools you had.

First, download and install DOSBox.

Second, make a folder on the root of the C:/ drive where you'll be putting all your tools. I called mine "rvtools" and will be using that as the name of the folder for this tutorial. Now would also be a good time to move whatever tools you've got into the rvtools folder, don't you think? ;)

Third, open up dosbox, type mount c:\rvtools (or whatever folder you're using).

Fourth, type c: (this will let dosbox mount your C:\rvtools folder and use the stuff in it)

Fifth, carry on using the tools as you would, except using DOSBox to operate instead of your average command prompt.

Sixth, enjoy to new use your 64-bit system has, or just make something cool for Re-Volt.