Page 1 of 1
Posted: 08 Jan 2012, 02:38
xreyuk
Hey

Trying to play 1.2 on a Windows XP Virtual Machine, and when I load up the game a load of texture are missing/messed up and you can't see the cars, and things are see through!

Any ideas?

Posted: 08 Jan 2012, 19:07
VaiDuX461
I think that's due Virtual Machine video drivers or something like that.

But why you're trying to play game on VM (Virtual Machine), the new patch (1.2) supports fully new Windows OS like 7, Vista... :huh: unless you use different Os like Linux or MacOS, then you should use Windows Application Launcher like WINE.

Fixed: Windows Application Launcher

Posted: 08 Jan 2012, 19:09
Kenny
Wine Is Not an Emulator :P

sry had to say that

Posted: 09 Jan 2012, 00:31
jigebren
A screenshot could help, or at least a more accurate description like the cars or tracks that makes the issue occur, or whether or not it occurs with any car or track...

Posted: 09 Jan 2012, 02:25
KDL
@kenny: WINE loads everything but borders in perfect ways, so he is not talking about WINE

Posted: 09 Jan 2012, 04:30
Kenny
so he is not talking about WINE
are you talking about xreyuk? if yes then I would like to say that it was VaiDuX461 who did that assumption, I just corrected his statement about WINE being an emulator.
and we havent heard anything from him yet, so any more discussion about this is pretty much useless until he gives us some more information.

if not then look at VaiDuX461's post, he clearly says
you should use Windows Application Launcher [or previously emulator] like WINE.
so he was obviously talking about WINE.

PS: damn I guess I do everything to distract myself so I dont have to do my work <_<

Posted: 09 Jan 2012, 17:34
VaiDuX461
I can't say much about WINE [homepage], but as I know it starts/plays/emulates exe (windows) files, right?

Posted: 10 Jan 2012, 01:56
Kenny