Page 1 of 1
Posted: 22 Dec 2011, 01:06
KDL
Hi Re-Volters

This is my Christmas present for carmakers

So, as you may see, it will 'autoshade' the prm model
By choosing 'shade by vertex' or 'shade by poly', it will shade the prm file directly (based on PRM tool [link])

'Render' will not affect the prm file

So, it's built in VB.NET (GDI+), it should work fine on x64 (not tested yet)
Thus framework .NET 3.5 is required

Note: Before downloading:the render is NOT accurate enough (no Z-buffer algorithm was created)
Download link

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHADOW PROJECTOR (Spinoff project)
The Shadow algorithm can be found here
link
Screen shot for it:

Posted: 22 Dec 2011, 01:53
KDL
A problem was reported by Burner94 (Thank you very much :) )

Problem: Getting upside down shading

Solution:
There is a checkbox: [ ] Inverse you'll have to check it to get inverse upside down shading

If someone downloaded the package before 20:23 GMT, today, please redownload again (same link)

Posted: 22 Dec 2011, 04:24
MythicMonkey
Thanks, KDL. That shading app will come in handy. :)

Forgive me, but I'm still learning the ins and outs of car making. Can you tell me regarding the Shadow Projector, is that required for giving a custom-made car a projected shadow in the game?

Posted: 22 Dec 2011, 04:32
KDL
Hello,

About the Shadow, as far as I know, there is no intention from Re-Volt developers to be implemented a "custom" shadow, so the shadow projection will be remaining a theory only.

Hoping this would be a helpful reply

Posted: 22 Dec 2011, 05:30
MythicMonkey
Okay, thanks. :)

Posted: 29 Dec 2011, 21:38
ElvenAvenger
Would it be possible to make the tool work with wheel models too?

Posted: 30 Dec 2011, 00:49
KDL
Sure,
Along with "Re-Volt's algorithm for calculating shading" and "light position" will be added in the next version ;)

Posted: 23 May 2013, 17:27
KDL
Hello fellow re-volters
So, here is an advanced version of Autoshade : RIKO (based on VoltGL's loading engine)

Note: Textures requires at least v1.4 of Car Load installed and configured at least once Re-Volt path.

How to use:
1. First "Color by Vertex" or "Color by polygon"
2. Modify Light normal (direction), Light position (position), Multiplier (intensity), base color
The results are real time
3. Click shade

Download from here